The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5280
Ryback on Punk's UFC debut:

"From a basic human being standpoint, he is showing courage doing something the majority of people on this planet will never do and that is step in a cage and fight in front of millions of people. I respect he wants to test himself and has the courage to do so. For that reason alone, while I don't condone him saying the things he said about me, I want to him do well. Any man can beat another man on any given night, so I just hope he achieves what he is looking for in this and I will leave it at that."
Ryback always had an interesting personality. It just didn't appear in his character.
Reply 5282
Really pleased the Usos have turned heel. That's absolutely the right decision. Fans turned on their shtick a long time ago. Hopefully, American Alpha will cost them the victory in the tag-team tournament final, after the Usos run through the Hype Bros in the semi-final.

That keeps the Usos looking mean and aggressive, it gives American Alpha some credibility, and it allows Slater and Rhyno to win the straps.

Perfect booking.
Nice touch by Ryback - unlikely will stay up for Punk's debut but catch up on record later. He's a massive underdog but feel his resilience and determination might see him pull off an upset*

*speaking as a non-UFC Expert!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5284
Thing is, Punk isn't your normal 37-year-old man. It would be tough for anybody of that age to get in the octagon and impress against somebody so young, let alone somebody with the wear and tear of Punk.
Reply 5285
Backlash predictions (as the card currently stands):

- AJ Styles def. Dean Ambrose to win the WWE World Championship
- Becky Lynch def. Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Naomi, Natalya and Nikki Bella in the six-pack elimination challenge for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
- The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) def. The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley) in the tag team match to qualify for the tag team tournament final
- Heath Slater and Rhyno def. The Usos in the tag team tournament final for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Bray Wyatt def. Randy Orton
- The Miz def. Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Punk lost in the first second basically. Really disappointing yet inevitable.

Worst thing is that we waited 2 years to see CM Punk fight and now we have to wait even longer because he didn't get the chance to show anything!

Original post by Longshot750
As much as I want Punk to win, he's probably gonna lose.

Reported.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Neverdie
Punk lost in the first second basically. Really disappointing yet inevitable.

Worst thing is that we waited 2 years to see CM Punk fight and now we have to wait even longer because he didn't get the chance to show anything!

Meh, He's with AJ Lee, he's winning in my books.

Reported.

For being a legend.
Original post by Longshot750
For being a legend.

If you were a legend, people would be going "hey where's Longshot?" or begging you to stay instead of making sure you stay banned and ignoring you whenever you come back.

Legends don't go on forums and make 100 accounts just to stay on it. That's what losers with social and sexual issues do.

Anyway, back to ignoring you before you derail the thread for the umpteenth time.
Reply 5289
Really poor showing from Punk - and all the rumours about a lack of preparation, lack of MMA suitability and lack of quality prove correct.

In truth, it was a disastrous debut. Fair play to him for giving it a go, but he was absolutely run over by Gall.

It's the UFC version of a squash.*
If you were a legend, people would be going "hey where's Longshot?" or begging you to stay instead of making sure you stay banned and ignoring you whenever you come back.

Legends don't go on forums and make 100 accounts just to stay on it. That's what losers with social and sexual issues do.

Anyway, back to ignoring you before you derail the thread for the umpteenth time.

Only you and what'shisface mention banning me and most people on here get ignored anyway. Like a different comment under another.

Plus those who mock others for their sexual lives tend to be the biggest losers out there. "Hey, my sexual history makes me better than you" Yeah, get stuffed you screaming beacon of insecurity.

If you don't want the thread getting derailed then don't make *******ated meaningless arguments to me to make you feel better about your own life. Peace out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5291
Just realised Punk cried during the post-fight press conference. Ah man. I feel for the guy.
2 years of hype for nothing. I know this was going to happen. Hopefully this is a reality check for him and he returns to WWE. :smile:
Original post by Mackay
Just realised Punk cried during the post-fight press conference. Ah man. I feel for the guy.

And looked like it after the fight, but none of this is surprising. The whole fight was done as soon as the bell rang, he worked 2 years for nothing, and now he has to just sit on it and wait months for the next fight to put it right.
Reply 5294
Original post by AR_95
2 years of hype for nothing. I know this was going to happen. Hopefully this is a reality check for him and he returns to WWE. :smile:

Such a shame, too, because Gall is a cretin.

And looked like it after the fight, but none of this is surprising. The whole fight was done as soon as the bell rang, he worked 2 years for nothing, and now he has to just sit on it and wait months for the next fight to put it right.

Punk won't have another right in UFC. They won't allow it. Fact.

He may stay in MMA and fight a few amateurs, but he will never be featured at a UFC event again. White has pretty much confirmed that.*
I found out on Twitter he'd lost so quickly, just after I'd jumped into bed but incredibly disappointed for him as he'd put in alot of effort to get to that stage of being in the Octagon.

Credit to Gall, he wanted to take him down asap and really push him and take control which he did and Punk never recovered although he did break out of the choke hold at one point but Gall locked it back in. Punk's post-fight stuff was nicely handled and again, rooting for him as at the age of 37, he invested so much with injuries and surgery and it all ended quickly and painfully for him psychologically more than anything else.

He was pushed by Dana into this position because of who he was rather than his experience level which was ZERO. IDK if the prelims which I see advertised (again, seem like a televised dark show to prep the next MMA fighters) wouldn't have been a better arena to enter rather than a place on the main card but I hope he continues for another fight at least. His stock would have been damaged after the performance so Dana might cut him loose having maximised what he has out of him for his own needs and he can politely discard him.

On a side note, he had his foot on the cage at one point trying to escape (which the commentators said wasn't allowed) but a fighter pushing another into the cage and hemming them in is?
Reply 5296
Original post by Aky786UK
I found out on Twitter he'd lost so quickly, just after I'd jumped into bed but incredibly disappointed for him as he'd put in alot of effort to get to that stage of being in the Octagon.

Credit to Gall, he wanted to take him down asap and really push him and take control which he did and Punk never recovered although he did break out of the choke hold at one point but Gall locked it back in. Punk's post-fight stuff was nicely handled and again, rooting for him as at the age of 37, he invested so much with injuries and surgery and it all ended quickly and painfully for him psychologically more than anything else.

He was pushed by Dana into this position because of who he was rather than his experience level which was ZERO. IDK if the prelims which I see advertised (again, seem like a televised dark show to prep the next MMA fighters) wouldn't have been a better arena to enter rather than a place on the main card but I hope he continues for another fight at least. His stock would have been damaged after the performance so Dana might cut him loose having maximised what he has out of him for his own needs and he can politely discard him.

On a side note, he had his foot on the cage at one point trying to escape (which the commentators said wasn't allowed) but a fighter pushing another into the cage and hemming them in is?

This has massively back-fired on UFC. They invested a lot in Punk - from hyping the initial signing, to the evolution documentary, but it became pretty clear pretty early on that Punk would struggle. All the rumours were that the training camp was an absolute nightmare and Punk would be humiliated - and if you notice - UFC stopped hyping Punk as much as the fight neared. Interest in him definitely waned from the first announcement confirming he had signed with UFC, and you have to wonder whether the company had any faith in him at all to deliver a spectacle.
Original post by Mackay
This has massively back-fired on UFC. They invested a lot in Punk - from hyping the initial signing, to the evolution documentary, but it became pretty clear pretty early on that Punk would struggle. All the rumours were that the training camp was an absolute nightmare and Punk would be humiliated - and if you notice - UFC stopped hyping Punk as much as the fight neared. Interest in him definitely waned from the first announcement confirming he had signed with UFC, and you have to wonder whether the company had any faith in him at all to deliver a spectacle.

Dana, like all businessmen such as McMahon, is a ruthless SOB and he won't hesitate to discard Punk but this was his and Lorenzo's decision to offer him a UFC career knowing full well he was 37, had no prior experience and had the potential to be a humiliating outcome for everyone concerned. IDK the ins and outs of the contract Punk signed and if it does have a 'break' clause of some sort then that's fine but if it's something more concrete and long-term then they are going to have to see it out and show some loyalty. Punk wanted to do this, yes, but he was encouraged to and that's a decision Dana is going to have to live with.
Reply 5298
Original post by Aky786UK
Dana, like all businessmen such as McMahon, is a ruthless SOB and he won't hesitate to discard Punk but this was his and Lorenzo's decision to offer him a UFC career knowing full well he was 37, had no prior experience and had the potential to be a humiliating outcome for everyone concerned. IDK the ins and outs of the contract Punk signed and if it does have a 'break' clause of some sort then that's fine but if it's something more concrete and long-term then they are going to have to see it out and show some loyalty. Punk wanted to do this, yes, but he was encouraged to and that's a decision Dana is going to have to live with.

Punk shouldn't have even been fighting in such a high profile event, though.

He didn't meet the requirements for a licence, but UFC got special dispensation because it was obviously such a high-profile name.*

The whole experiment has blown up in everybody's face - apart from Gall, who did exactly what he promised.

It's funny, because you could see Gall - who is a cocky **** at the best of times - was a little sheepish at the fact he and Punk had landed as the second most high profile bout on a major UFC fight, with just one pro fight between them.
There's gonna be a biopic film made of Chris Benoit called Crossface. I got no idea what it's gonna be like.

Quick Reply

Latest