The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Congrats and I hope you feel better now. How did you manage that for VR? When I see the long questions I switch off. :/

You just need to not get too overwhelmed by the amount of data coming at you. For the t/f/ct questions I read the question first and for the other type, I skim-read the whole passage and took note of where everything was and went from there.

Hope that helps you.
Hi guys, finding this thread so helpful for my prep! Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long each medify mini-mock is so I know if I have time to do them just now or not? Thanks in advance :colondollar:
Original post by medicinehopefulx28
Hi guys, finding this thread so helpful for my prep! Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long each medify mini-mock is so I know if I have time to do them just now or not? Thanks in advance :colondollar:

Each mini mock is the same amount of time allocated for each section i.e 22 minutes for VR, 14 minutes for AR etc 😊
Original post by HMarles
Sounds like a plan. Top tip, don't stress out too much :smile: Just have a look at what needs more work and prioritise it and polish it up using medify. It's a great tool.

I did OK. I was a bit ill and got a bad VR but was fine otherwise.
VR: 680
QR:850
AR:690
SJ: Band 2 :/
Avg: 740

Wow that's surely aa lot for QR!! Did you have any particular technique if I may ask? Also, did you manage to complete all the questions or were they too long?
Original post by HMarles
Sounds like a plan. Top tip, don't stress out too much :smile: Just have a look at what needs more work and prioritise it and polish it up using medify. It's a great tool.

I did OK. I was a bit ill and got a bad VR but was fine otherwise.
VR: 680
QR:850
AR:690
SJ: Band 2 :/
Avg: 740

Is QR a lot easier in the real thing compared to medify?? And how hard is AR compared to medify??
Original post by kayasparkles
Each mini mock is the same amount of time allocated for each section i.e 22 minutes for VR, 14 minutes for AR etc 😊

Thanks! :biggrin:
Does anyone have good and free UKCAT practice tests? I have already practiced from a book and done the ones on the UKCAT website.
I keep seeing this awful QR question on medify which involves something about May Flower and Little Flower uniforms - please can someone reassure me that nothing like this comes up in the real thing?? :/
Hi everyone,
For everyone who has done the test, how much do the kaplan mocks and medify mocks represent the actual exam and which ones? I have my exam next sat and I'm soo scared because im getting only in the 500-600's overall in the mocks im doing, so any tips would be helpful? Please reply.
Thanks xx
Original post by Sniperdon227
What do you mean by 'long' for qr, please elaborate, long working out or long paragraphs

Do we all have the same questions? I thought it's different for everyone bc there's a bank of questions.
Original post by ipanda99
If you have a high tarriff prediction, go for it! I know people that have gotten in with 620!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my goodness thank you! QM is my dream uni!
hello - I think this has been asked before but I'm a little confused : In the exam, for the calculator, does the backspace clear it or the esc button? Or do you have to click the On/C button on the calc? This is for the actual exam ^^^

Thank you!
Original post by marsbar3007
hello - I think this has been asked before but I'm a little confused : In the exam, for the calculator, does the backspace clear it or the esc button? Or do you have to click the On/C button on the calc? This is for the actual exam ^^^

Thank you!

esc on actual exam
Original post by HMarles
You just need to not get too overwhelmed by the amount of data coming at you. For the t/f/ct questions I read the question first and for the other type, I skim-read the whole passage and took note of where everything was and went from there.

Hope that helps you.

Thank you so much, I am going to give this one a try. The long questions put me off lol.
How much of Verbal Reasoning is T/F/CT? 50%?
Original post by champ_mc99
How much of Verbal Reasoning is T/F/CT? 50%?

I think mine was about 30-40% t/f/ct
Original post by TheVocalSardine
I think mine was about 30-40% t/f/ct

Damn. Thanks.
Original post by aurora.di.nicola
Wow that's surely aa lot for QR!! Did you have any particular technique if I may ask? Also, did you manage to complete all the questions or were they too long?

I am fairly decent at maths so that might have helped. Tbh, my main tactic was to eyeball a question and if I think it would take more thatn 40 seconds I would skip it. I skipped about 5 questions because they were too long, so I put an educated guess down. I assume my score meant that I got a lot of what I did answer right...
Original post by Kantth1
Is QR a lot easier in the real thing compared to medify?? And how hard is AR compared to medify??

My experience has been that the medify QR was a bit harder than in the exam itself. A lot less data to analyse.

AR I'm not really sure as I'm pretty crap at it, I just had to guess a lot of it due to time pressure. I didn't notice much difference between medify and the real thing if I'm honest. There were a few mistakes with the medify ones though...

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Thank you so much, I am going to give this one a try. The long questions put me off lol.

Glad to have helped :smile: Good luck but don't beat me ahaha

Quick Reply