The Student Room Group

If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

There's evidence for evolution, but there's no evidence for God.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carthaginian

I doubt we'll ever be able to prove that God exists, but people will continue to believe anyway and that must be respected.
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
I doubt we'll ever be able to prove that God exists, but people will continue to believe anyway and that must be respected.

Why?
Reply 3
Atheist here
What started the big bang, what was there to create the big bang?
Original post by malebo55
Why?

Because. You can have a debate questioning the existence of god, but you can't go belittling people or imposing your opinion on them just because they believe in God.
Why?

People have a right to freedom of religion. Whether you agree with what someone believes or not, they hold that belief and it may make perfect sense to them.
Reply 6
Original post by homeland.lsw
Because.

****ing solid logic there.

People have a right to freedom of religion. Whether you agree with what someone believes or not, they hold that belief and it may make perfect sense to them.

Why is not possible to both allow people to have a right to freedom of thought/religion and not have to respect those thoughts/religions?
If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

The answer to this is so blindingly obvious.

Do you think you're the first person in 2,000 years of Christianity to think of this question?

SS

Ok. I mean I wrote something after it, but Ok.

Well done, Sherlock.
He's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole world in his hands

Why is not possible to both allow people to have a right to freedom of thought/religion and not have to respect those thoughts/religions?

Because the minute people stop respecting difference is when the persecution starts.
Because the minute people stop respecting difference is when the persecution starts.

Must we also respect Nazi's beliefs for this reason?

It is. Who you respect or don't is your own affair. Except for people closest to you, no one really cares about your opinions on who deserves respect or doesn't. You just need to treat people with respect -- that is the only thing that is required.

For example, I've responded to you politely, despite my respect, or lack thereof, of your ability, to construct an argument or draw a valid conclusion from it.
Must we also respect Nazi's beliefs for this reason?

I was more approaching from the other angle, but I would say so. We don't have to like it (in fact I don't), but as long as they're not breaking any laws, I would say yes.
I love that paradox, it's an interesting idea.
Reply 16
what if God controlled the path evolution took?
God cannot be created or destroyed, just like energy can't be created or destroyed
cause and effect is a thing of the material world, as is time, and God isn't within it, the same laws don't apply to Him
Original post by z33
what if God controlled the path evolution took?
God cannot be created or destroyed, just like energy can't be created or destroyed
cause and effect is a thing of the material world, as is time, and God isn't within it, the same laws don't apply to Him

What if energy is actually God?

Mind blown
Reply 18
Original post by Pinkberry_y
What if energy is actually God?

Mind blown

mein Gott
Original post by z33
mein Gott

Ja ja

Quick Reply

Latest