The Student Room Group

Linear A levels

With these reforms, if you fail a year, do you retake AS and A level exams in one year?
Original post by Rajive
With these reforms, if you fail a year, do you retake AS and A level exams in one year?

No. A2 exams at the end of two years contain AS and A2 content. Your AS exams do not count at all towards your final A2 grade. If you fail your AS exams, no resit is required. You just do the A2 and that will be your final A Level grade :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
No. A2 exams at the end of two years contain AS and A2 content. Your AS exams do not count at all towards your final A2 grade. If you fail your AS exams, no resit is required. You just do the A2 and that will be your final A Level grade :smile:

Oh right okay thanks. My sixth form college is planning mocks at the end of this year for subjects that are linear and are threatening to kick people out based on the results of those exams.
Original post by Rajive
Oh right okay thanks. My sixth form college is planning mocks at the end of this year for subjects that are linear and are threatening to kick people out based on the results of those exams.

Damn. I recommended trying hard then :smile:
Original post by Rajive

It's hard to say...

It really depends on your college whether or you not you carry on with that subject you failed.

The new system has alot of pros and cons.

AS is now a standalone qualification and does not contribute to A level.
You do not retake AS exams since they are of no significance.

simply put - It's funny with the new linear system it's possible for gifted students to do A levels in one year with half the exams of that of modular.
Reply 5
Original post by Maths is Life
It's hard to say...

It really depends on your college whether or you not you carry on with that subject you failed.

The new system has alot of pros and cons.

AS is now a standalone qualification and does not contribute to A level.
You do not retake AS exams since they are of no significance.

simply put - It's funny with the new linear system it's possible for gifted students to do A levels in one year with half the exams of that of modular.

You think there are pros? Lool I don see any please tell...

Quick Reply

Latest