The Student Room Group

GIRLS: Would you marry a guy who has children ??

In my opinion it is one of the silliest things you could ever do!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
NO (as selfish as that sounds) lol.
Original post by catholicgirl
In my opinion it is one of the silliest things you could ever do!!

it depends how old you are, you know?
you can't meet a guy at 40 and expect him to have as many responsibilities as an 18 year old
Personally I don't see myself marrying someone with kids.
No, I never want kids anyway, so I'm not really into having to look after anyone else's kids even more. Also, I'm only 19 lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Rhaenys10
it depends how old you are, you know?
you can't meet a guy at 40 and expect him to have as many responsibilities as an 18 year old

That's a completely different scenario, I think OP meant in her 20's. At 40, most people who wanted children would have had them by now.
I would love to have children in the future but as selfish as this sounds, no I wouldn't

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
That's a completely different scenario, I think OP meant in her 20's. At 40, most people who wanted children would have had them by now.

Honestly, I've yet to see a man in his 20s taking care of a child on his own (usually it's the mom who does this)

But if we're only considering this demographic, yeah, I guess I wouldn't like it if a man had a child. I guess OP should consider things the other way round too - would she like it if a man refused to date her because she had a child?
LOL, I cant even look after myself considering how lazy I am :lol: so let alone looking after someone kids
Also, I can't picture myself marrying someone who has children, selfish i know but I guess thats the truth :redface:
Reply 9
Honestly, I've yet to see a man in his 20s taking care of a child on his own (usually it's the mom who does this)

But if we're only considering this demographic, yeah, I guess I wouldn't like it if a man had a child. I guess OP should consider things the other way round too - would she like it if a man refused to date her because she had a child?

If I had a child and was single I would not date.
Absolutely not

Good for you girl. :hugs::hugs:
Reply 12
I personally wouldn't.

Not ever? I doubt that. A child doesn't go away so easily, you know? You'd have to wait 18 years for this to happen.

That's so true, it's usually the woman who has to sacrifice and take care of the children. To be honest, I want to have children after marriage and don't like the idea of having children before. I don't want to be a step Mum either, no thanks. I'm not saying 100% marriages work but I'd like the sense of security. Then again I'm Sikh - Indian, I'm not allowed to get pregnant before marriage otherwise it's ultimate death 😂😂
Probably not tbh
Original post by Ishax
That's so true, it's usually the woman who has to sacrifice and take care of the children. To be honest, I want to have children after marriage and don't like the idea of having children before. I don't want to be a step Mum either, no thanks. I'm not saying 100% marriages work but I'd like the sense of security. Then again I'm Sikh - Indian, I'm not allowed to get pregnant before marriage otherwise it's ultimate death 😂😂

Yeah, I know, kids are best after getting married, but what if you divorce? It's not the end of the world, and you would obviously have to get yourself off the ground once again
Yeah, I know, kids are best after getting married, but what if you divorce? It's not the end of the world, and you would obviously have to get yourself off the ground once again

Like I said, that's a different scenario.. But ultimately it would depend on the guy, what he's like etc and my age. I'm only 21, so hopefully I won't have to think about dating guys with kids for a long time yet lol.
Reply 18
Not ever? I doubt that. A child doesn't go away so easily, you know? You'd have to wait 18 years for this to happen.

Well, my mum got divorced when I was 3 and I am now 19 and she has not dated. She has focused on looking after me and my brother (who is under 18). Therefore, it is possible. Some people are able to have their priorities straight.
Yes I would. Being pregnant isn't advisable for me, but I do want a child so that would actually be ideal.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending