The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toughtee
Welcome! I've heard rumours that the new series will begin in April 2017, but that's unconfirmed. It's filming now so it'll likely be early/mid next year. Too long anyway!

Ahh, pity. lol ironic that I got interested in the dr who desert period. At least it's not the mid-to-late nineties! I guess we can just sit back and watch and re-watch (and re-re-watch) all the episodes and minisodes, memorise all the good quotes, buy a pair of sandshoes, a fez, a bow-tie, a purple coat and a pair of sunglasses (just for a mix-up) and a nice, long scarf for the retro look...
Reply 5141
Welcome! I've heard rumours that the new series will begin in April 2017, but that's unconfirmed. It's filming now so it'll likely be early/mid next year. Too long anyway!

Isn't it meant to be January I heard? Because they are giving Moffat a big send off.
Can't wait for Moffat to leave tbh
Original post by Aph
Isn't it meant to be January I heard? Because they are giving Moffat a big send off.

Nope, the new series definitely starts in April - Capaldi confirmed it. There's a Christmas special in December though!
Reply 5144
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Nope, the new series definitely starts in April - Capaldi confirmed it. There's a Christmas special in December though!

Oh :frown: mid exam revision season... Of course they would do that to us.
Original post by Aph
Oh :frown: mid exam revision season... Of course they would do that to us.

Yep, now they're just giving me reasons to procrastinate revision! As it's 12 episodes it'll end up finishing during exam season as well, which is annoying.
Reply 5146
Yep, now they're just giving me reasons to procrastinate revision! As it's 12 episodes it'll end up finishing during exam season as well, which is annoying.

Oh yeah, 12 episodes means it'll finish late June -mid July.
And it probably won't be great.. At least study kitchens get free tv licences and a freeview TV.
Original post by Treblebee
Ahh, pity. lol ironic that I got interested in the dr who desert period. At least it's not the mid-to-late nineties! I guess we can just sit back and watch and re-watch (and re-re-watch) all the episodes and minisodes, memorise all the good quotes, buy a pair of sandshoes, a fez, a bow-tie, a purple coat and a pair of sunglasses (just for a mix-up) and a nice, long scarf for the retro look...

Yeah I'd take anything (bar Colin Baker's era) over the nineties... Yeah let's just fill the void by buying all the merchandise!
Original post by Aph

Well he'll be writing his own send off so we'll see how that goes... I think it would be really cool if he did a cameo in his last episode.
Reply 5149
Well he'll be writing his own send off so we'll see how that goes... I think it would be really cool if he did a cameo in his last episode.

Personally I think bringing the doctors daughter (moffat's actual daughter) back would be far better.
Original post by Aph
Personally I think bringing the doctors daughter (moffat's actual daughter) back would be far better.

That is a great idea, I hope he does an episode similar to Journey's End where he gets all his characters together for one last time.
Original post by Aph
Oh yeah, 12 episodes means it'll finish late June -mid July.
And it probably won't be great.. At least study kitchens get free tv licences and a freeview TV.

Unfortunately only en-suite flats get TVs in the kitchen in Constantine. :frown: I'll just have to rely on the single remaining iPlayer loophole - if you run your device off battery power while watching TV, and don't plug it in, you can technically still use your parents' TV licence and don't have to pay. So I'll use that method for Doctor Who, Class (the spin-off), Sherlock and a couple of others.
Original post by Aph

Georgia Moffett isn't Steven Moffat's daughter. She's the daughter of Peter Davison (5th Doctor).
Reply 5153
Georgia Moffett isn't Steven Moffat's daughter. She's the daughter of Peter Davison (5th Doctor).

Ohhhh, I remembered that she was someone's daughter so I guess I assumed that she was his.

Unfortunately only en-suite flats get TVs in the kitchen in Constantine. :frown: I'll just have to rely on the single remaining iPlayer loophole - if you run your device off battery power while watching TV, and don't plug it in, you can technically still use your parents' TV licence and don't have to pay. So I'll use that method for Doctor Who, Class (the spin-off), Sherlock and a couple of others.

Seriously?! I was under the impression that they all had a TV... :frown:
Original post by Aph
Ohhhh, I remembered that she was someone's daughter so I guess I assumed that she was his.

Seriously?! I was under the impression that they all had a TV... :frown:

Yep, the only TVs we can access are the ones in the common room, which will probably be crowded/noisy/have constant news or sport. It's frustrating, so I'm hoping the new iPlayer loophole doesn't change until I leave university - otherwise there won't be a way for me to watch any BBC content!
Reply 5155
Yep, the only TVs we can access are the ones in the common room, which will probably be crowded/noisy/have constant news or sport. It's frustrating, so I'm hoping the new iPlayer loophole doesn't change until I leave university - otherwise there won't be a way for me to watch any BBC content!
are you not looking at leaving uni accommodation ever :tongue:
And yeah you are right :frown: I was hoping for early morning watching the news or late night Dave/BBC1 :frown: ahh well.
Finally got round to ordering the Series 9 DVD! One of my favourite ever series so I look forward to watching it again.
Can give further thought as i go through the series..

Series 4 - Utterly Brilliant is pretty much all i can say. Pretty much every episode is top notch and Turn Left is the best episode ever. Bring back Tate and paradoxes and common thread through the series with a climatic end.

Series 5 - I warmed to Smith very quickly and there were some great episodes such as the Byzanteum two part. The Weeping Angels should be around more often.

Series 6 - The poorest series by far. There were some very good episodes like the doctors wife, The curse of the black spot and the river episodes in the middle. On the whole though i thought that Rory was a bit along for the ride and there were a number of poor episodes. I was quite a fan of Dorian.

The opening sequence to series 5 absolutely rules, that should be the Vortex!
Original post by Rakas21
Series 5 - I warmed to Smith very quickly and there were some great episodes such as the Byzanteum two part. The Weeping Angels should be around more often.

I really don't like how they showed the angels moving in the second part...
I really don't like how they showed the angels moving in the second part...

Agreed. I prefer my Angels to be quantum locked.

Quick Reply

Latest