The Student Room Group

Hillary does seem to be genuinely sick... What will happen?

Scroll to see replies

It’s pneumonia. She is wealthy enough to receive the best healthcare possible. She will recover soon, hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Crijjkal

lmao the goals
#wakeUpSheeple
How does everyone know Hillary bae has pneumonia?

(P.s my friends dad had pneumonia and ended up in hospital for a month with his chest being drained, he did smoke though, hope Hillary doesn't)
Original post by Pinkberry_y
How does everyone know Hillary bae has pneumonia?

(P.s my friends dad had pneumonia and ended up in hospital for a month with his chest being drained, he did smoke though, hope Hillary doesn't)

Her Doctor has stated it.
Original post by zetamcfc

Just found the newspaper article, get well soon Hillary Hun
Yesss anyone but hilary :biggrin:
She had pneumonia. It's probably not that serious. People are just blowing it out of proportion. She and Trump have both been confirmed by doctors as being fit and healthy enough for President.
Original post by The_Opinion
Sanders would be an easy win for Trump, Biden would have been harder.

The opinion polling suggests otherwise. It's easy to forget that Hillary is a deeply unpopular candidate. The only reason she's favoured to win is because she's not Donald Trump.

Bernie Sanders is also not Donald Trump and doesn't have decades of lies, hypocrisy and corruption to blight his campaign.
Original post by KingBradly
I don't know what you people's problem is, Jesus your attitude is horribly bitter. I don't even support Trump. I'm genuinely curious what the procedure will be if Hillary ends up being too ill.

I believe
that the running partner takes the role or a member of the same party should the running partner pull out
Original post by Saoirse:3
The opinion polling suggests otherwise. It's easy to forget that Hillary is a deeply unpopular candidate. The only reason she's favoured to win is because she's not Donald Trump.

Bernie Sanders is also not Donald Trump and doesn't have decades of lies, hypocrisy and corruption to blight his campaign.

He has decades of achieving nothing and after this election will never be heard from again. Trump rarely attacked Sanders, if he did his polls would have fallen. Just look at how Clinton had a huge lead over Trump several months ago, when head to head polls were conducted, now it is just 3%, and that is with all of the advantages that Clinton has, which Sanders does not benefit from.

You are living in a dream world if you think that Sanders would have ever beaten Trump, or even Cruz or Rubio for that matter, Sanders has to many weak aspects.

I say that Trump would become the nominee, I was right, I said that Clinton would be the nominee, I was right, even though people like you kept trying to tell me that Sanders would win and Trump would not, you people just don't seem to listen.

It is the same in the UK, where crazy Corbyn supports actually believe that he can realistically win a general election, again ignoring the electorates political views.
Original post by jamesthehustler
I believe
that the running partner takes the role or a member of the same party should the running partner pull out

Many of the posts on this thread are transposing what would happen in a British election.

Ultimately a Presidential election doesn't elect the President. It elects a slate of electors who will will vote for the Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees to whom they are pledged.

Accordingly even if Hilary and Kaine both died, the election would still go ahead to select a slate of Democrat or Republican electors in each state.

There are three further related issues.

If Hilary dropped out can her name be removed and substituted on the ballot paper? That depends on state laws (and possibly state laws that haven't yet been made).

Who would become Presidential and who would become Vice Presidential candidates if Hilary dropped out? That depends in the first instance on the Democratic National Committee. It does not necessarily follow that they would choose Kaine to be their Presidential candidate and someone else as VP. They might choose Biden with Kaine remaining as VP. However, it is also possible that some Electoral College electors might be what is called "faithless" and not carry out the instructions of the DNC and choose a different Democrat. This could produce a Trump/Kaine ticket or a Trump/ANOther Democrat or a Kaine/Pence one.

Can the election be postponed? No. That would require a constitutional amendment.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
FDR, Regan and JFK were all ill presidents as well
Original post by Allie4
FDR, Regan and JFK were all ill presidents as well

JFK did not reveal his illness in his lifetime.

It is unclear how many Americans knew about FDR's polio as he went to some lengths to ensure the media did not report it although it was obvious to anyone who met him in person.

Reagan's dodgy colon and his bullet wound only occurred during his presidency.

However, Nixon who only lost very narrowly to Kennedy in 1960, was the subject of an emergency hospital admission between 29th August and 10th September 1960
Original post by The_Opinion
He has decades of achieving nothing and after this election will never be heard from again. Trump rarely attacked Sanders, if he did his polls would have fallen. Just look at how Clinton had a huge lead over Trump several months ago, when head to head polls were conducted, now it is just 3%, and that is with all of the advantages that Clinton has, which Sanders does not benefit from.

You are living in a dream world if you think that Sanders would have ever beaten Trump, or even Cruz or Rubio for that matter, Sanders has to many weak aspects.

I say that Trump would become the nominee, I was right, I said that Clinton would be the nominee, I was right, even though people like you kept trying to tell me that Sanders would win and Trump would not, you people just don't seem to listen.

It is the same in the UK, where crazy Corbyn supports actually believe that he can realistically win a general election, again ignoring the electorates political views.

There's always going to be fluctuation in the polls. Clinton is about where she was before the conventions. Since then all we've seen is a bounce from her successful convention wearing off. Trump's attacks haven't had any discernible affect other than occasionally backfiring badly and helping Clinton. The people who love it are already voting for him - the other 60-65% are if anything put off by them.

I have no idea who "you people" are but I always said Clinton was gonna win the nomination. Sanders never had a hope, but I do believe he'd have been a stronger general election candidate - centre-left, liberal, ethnic minority and establishment types (the Hillary base) would've supported him over Trump without much hesitation, and he'd have done a lot better with left-wing voters, young people and those unhappy with establishment politicians.
Reply 75
Original post by alevelstresss
lol you definitely support trump to an extent

Believe me to be whatever straw man you wish. It's not like anyone takes you seriously on here anyway, so I really couldn't care less.
She got dat new monia.
(Original post by alevelstresss)
lol you definitely support trump to an extent
Original post by KingBradly
Believe me to be whatever straw man you wish. It's not like anyone takes you seriously on here anyway, so I really couldn't care less.

Original post by zetamcfc

The same doctor who claimed she was in "perfect" health?!

How can people fail to see what's going on here(?)
Pneumonia isn't something to be taken lightly when you are already an OAP.

My gran had it about 6 years ago and with her it basically triggered the onset of dementia which spiralled into Alzheimer's until she did earlier this year (she was generally intellectually coherent before she had pneumonia but was never the same after she left hospital for that and it only ever got worse).

Definitely not something to brush off as 'it's only a cold, I feel great!'

Plus she doesn't look like the healthiest spring chicken already, could definitely afford to lose some weight less she runs the risk of diabetes and other problems (as could Trump).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending