The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
hmmm well update on life since i can and since no-one is obliged to read it anyway :laugh:

finding things quite difficult atm and tbh idek why.
Well i do
but the reason may sound arrogant
so if it does i apologise.

Doing very well at one of my subjects in particular due to the tonne of work i did for it over the summer. In comparison my other 2 subjects dont seem as good even tho ik logically they are but ive set this impossibly high standard for them and it's only been 3 days and the teachers are already telling me to chill out but idk how to bc the ideas for the projects are always in my head.

Thankfully A2 history looks easier than AS as the examination style seems easier there is just more to remember bc linear.

also does anyone else feel like they have acquired another subject AKA personal statement/university studies :/
thankfully most of that is already done but why is everyone magically an expert on things they acc know nothing about :nothing:

'do this Cavy', 'Dont go there Cavy it isn't prestigious enough', 'You waste yourself Cavy cos u could do anything and u want to do a creative subject at uni'

can u all kindly back off :colonhash:

did i ask for ur opinion on my life.
unless u are sufficiently qualified to do so stop bloody commenting bc u are all gonna make me have a nervous breakdown due to my self doubt.

hope everyone is well fellow 13eeners

:five:

if you WANT do a creative subject at uni, dont let anyone put you off. ok I know creative subjects tend to have a bad reputation. Some people don't understand that things change, especially through developments in technology, so it still has a scientific side to it.

Luckily my school/family are really supportive of me, as they know that what I want to do will enable me to use my strengths to the best of my ability.

Youll be great at whatever you do :smile: go for it!
Original post by thevamps99xo
if you WANT do a creative subject at uni, dont let anyone put you off. ok I know creative subjects tend to have a bad reputation. Some people don't understand that things change, especially through developments in technology, so it still has a scientific side to it.

Luckily my school/family are really supportive of me, as they know that what I want to do will enable me to use my strengths to the best of my ability.

Youll be great at whatever you do :smile: go for it!

Thank you :smile:
I do try not to it is just bc the school i go to is very high pressure so it wants stuff like doctors and lawyers and stuff and then the pupils are quite snobby really about it cos they are all apparently going to do medicine and get into Oxbridge. And this website is equally snobby which i find ironic really as i would like to do design and who do they think designs all their iphones and gadgets that they are inseparable from :colonhash:
awwwww im glad to hear that :cube: my mum is very supportive so that is something, just have to block everyone else out with their bloody superiority complex.
Thank you, good luck to you too :lovehug: x
To those who are doing linear courses have you started to revise or thinking of starting soon?
Im currently doing my last years content in frees that i have and doing this years at home. Just wondering how others are approaching this :smile:
Original post by Chief_98
To those who are doing linear courses have you started to revise or thinking of starting soon?
Im currently doing my last years content in frees that i have and doing this years at home. Just wondering how others are approaching this :smile:

With tears.

Just joking, I'll probably just keep reviewing the stuff frequently throughout the year. My only linear one for this year is Lit, so I'll just re-read the books/plays and review my notes periodically.
Original post by jessyjellytot14
How did you guys find your first day back in year 13? I start tomorrow and i'm kind of nervous but idk why.
I also cba for an assembly at 8:30 am followed by an hour of tutor time :unimpressed:
Sixth form have also messed up my timetable and I'm part of two maths classes and two physics classes... I guess i'll find out which ones I'm actually a part of tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm in the physics class that has a double on Monday morning and no more lessons for the whole day. The other class has a double in the afternoon which means i'll be waiting around all morning. Lol first world problems.

Started on Wednesday but went in on Monday to get timetable - which is alright ish lol.

It was nice to finally see everyone! I've been studying this weekend to try and get ahead so in lesson it feels more like revision

Yeah I'm planning to slot in a bit of AS each week in my study schedule - though I am not sure if I should re-write notes or just read then do questions
Reply 486
I REALLY need to get the OP sorted out.
Original post by CatusStarbright
With tears.

Just joking, I'll probably just keep reviewing the stuff frequently throughout the year. My only linear one for this year is Lit, so I'll just re-read the books/plays and review my notes periodically.

Makes sense, you not going to make any new notes?
Original post by Yusufff
Yeah I'm planning to slot in a bit of AS each week in my study schedule - though I am not sure if I should re-write notes or just read then do questions

I'm in the same dielema! May just make better notes and condense them further.
Makes sense, you not going to make any new notes?

Not really, I have nothing to add to them.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Not really, I have nothing to add to them.

Sounds good! :smile:
My form tutor is so prompt with replying to my personal statement yaaaaaa #blessed
Original post by ImagineCats
My form tutor is so prompt with replying to my personal statement yaaaaaa #blessed

Mine is too! I'm so grateful to have her as she has been doing the job for years and she can always get most people into uni! She does seem to remove things which I feel are vital so I have extra copies floating around other members of staff just to be safe XD
Original post by GeorgeB16
Mine is too! I'm so grateful to have her as she has been doing the job for years and she can always get most people into uni! She does seem to remove things which I feel are vital so I have extra copies floating around other members of staff just to be safe XD

Exactly the same here! Some teachers have got back to me before others so it's fun seeing what each teacher wants to be taken out
Original post by ImagineCats
Exactly the same here! Some teachers have got back to me before others so it's fun seeing what each teacher wants to be taken out

I only feel comfortable having several people look at it so hopefully, in the end I will have a really nice finished one :smile:
Original post by Dnkz7
Aren't we technically in year 13, seeing as last year has already finished?

ANYWAY...

Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet?
How are your personal statements getting along?
What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)

I'm going to find it difficult to visit universities I'd potentially like to go to...
I've only been predicted AAA for A2 :frown:. I think Cambridge is out of the window :colone:
Original post by BR1999
I've only been predicted AAA for A2 :frown:. I think Cambridge is out of the window :colone:

What course would you like to do at Cambridge???
Original post by thevamps99xo
What course would you like to do at Cambridge???

Law, it's an A*AA course :colone:
Original post by BR1999
Law, it's an A*AA course :colone:

Don't worry your pretty little head about it. I just put your targets onto my subjects and searched Law, and that course at Cambridge came up!! You'll be fine :smile: It was on that TSR unimatch tool btw :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest