The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
appaz theyve refunded some of them soz pal

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Been taken off now unfortunately. Stuck 2 accumulators on including Arsenal at 5/1 (tenner each) and £20 on Arsenal to win outright. They refunded my £20 outright bet and offered £38 cash out on both accumulators, which I took. Had £18 quid this morning, won £45 on Celtic -1 handicap vs Rangers and ended up with £96. Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep, been refunded. It's such bs how they can do that, morally incorrect. Although I don't imagine bookies go off morals too often
Reply 8741
Brook could be a real force at LM.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Yep, been refunded. It's such bs how they can do that, morally incorrect.

nah its not.

Its called snapping up.

An error often due to an administrative error, that consumers take advantages of knowing its miles out of bounds.

It's like Argos when they ****ed up and advertised TVs for £70 instead of £700.

In any event, its the consumer being morally incorrect, knowing the bookie has made an input mistake, and taking advantage of it.
Original post by Rk2k14
2nd was his no doubt but GGG had the rest.

Do you know what time Chocolatito's fighting?

Fair enough, I thought he outboxed Golovkin in the 3rd for the most part.

Card starts at 2am but don't know about that exact fight. I'd guess around 4.30am. Might as well stay up for that if you're staying up for Punk.
Original post by swirly
nah its not.

Its called snapping up.

An error often due to an administrative error, that consumers take advantages of knowing its miles out of bounds.

It's like Argos when they ****ed up and advertised TVs for £70 instead of £700.

In any event, its the consumer being morally incorrect, knowing the bookie has made an input mistake, and taking advantage of it.

True that it's not correct on my/the consumers part put if I've placed the bet then I should be able to stick with it. Using your Argos example, it's like I've bought the TV for £70 and now they're just taking it straight back off me.
Yep, been refunded. It's such bs how they can do that, morally incorrect. Although I don't imagine bookies go off morals too often

Bookies are scum man. That's why I cashed out lol, not sure they would have payed out had my accumulators come in. Customers always come second unfortunately.
True that it's not correct on my/the consumers part put if I've placed the bet then I should be able to stick with it. Using your Argos example, it's like I've bought the TV for £70 and now they're just taking it straight back off me.

You haven't placed the bet.

You've presented an offer, to place a bet at x odds, which subject to terms and conditions, they will accept. Within their terms and conditions you will find where there is an obvious pricing error, they reserve the right to void the acceptance of the offer.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Bookies are scum man. That's why I cashed out lol, not sure they would have payed out had my accumulators come in. Customers always come second unfortunately.

Yeah, they're the winners at the end of the day. Best I've seen before was some friendly in Iceland that finished 20-0 or something and the odds on next goal scored where the wrong way around. Some people made a lot of money very quickly before the bookie caught on.

Original post by swirly
You haven't placed the bet.

You've presented an offer, to place a bet at x odds, which subject to terms and conditions, they will accept. Within their terms and conditions you will find where there is an obvious pricing error, they reserve the right to void the acceptance of the offer.

Oh I accept that it's in their policy and according to which they are correct to withdraw the bet, but it just leaves me a little salty.
been venturing away from the FF more reently.. Never a good idea, should know better.

Is the John guy who keeps posting a ton of threads actually ****ing stupid, or is he just a new really clever troll?
Yeah, they're the winners at the end of the day. Best I've seen before was some friendly in Iceland that finished 20-0 or something and the odds on next goal scored where the wrong way around. Some people made a lot of money very quickly before the bookie caught on.

Oh I accept that it's in their policy and according to which they are correct to withdraw the bet, but it just leaves me a little salty.

Hahahaha. Good on them. SkyBet sorted me out with a £5 free bet tbf.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by fallen_acorns
been venturing away from the FF more reently.. Never a good idea, should know better.

Is the John guy who keeps posting a ton of threads actually ****ing stupid, or is he just a new really clever troll?

On what forum? In some places i'd say 50% of the threads are troll threads.
James surely has to be a troll.
Reply 8753
Jimmy don't play around.
Reply 8754
Yeah Mr Robot is getting insane now.

The twist is getting mad.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah Mr Robot is getting insane now.

The twist is getting mad.

What ep you on? Cant wait for the finale tbh, longer episode.
I'm pretty underwhelmed with Mr Robot so far, 7 eps into season 1
@Wilfred Little Don't you find it sad when you see YouTube singers with mad talent, and knowing they're unlikely to ever make it :frown:
Reply 8758
Original post by AR_95
What ep you on? Cant wait for the finale tbh, longer episode.

I just got to ep 10. The twist is getting pretty crazy.

I'm gonna start watching narcos soon as I finish this.
Scenes when you can give up alcohol and bacon for Eid but not white women @SA-1 :colonhash:

Latest