The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5300
Lol rumour of the day: Bryan gets involved in the IC bout and costs the Miz the strap.
Reply 5301
Woah. Wyatt vs Orton has been cancelled after the latter wasn't cleared to compete by WWE. A real blow to the first brand-specific PPV. Hopefully they work something out and can create a surprise, because as it stands, the card is down from six matches to just five.
Original post by Mackay
Woah. Wyatt vs Orton has been cancelled after the latter wasn't cleared to compete by WWE. A real blow to the first brand-specific PPV. Hopefully they work something out and can create a surprise, because as it stands, the card is down from six matches to just five.

There are rumuours about curt hawkins or shelton benjamin replacing orton tonight
Original post by Longshot750
There's gonna be a biopic film made of Chris Benoit called Crossface. I got no idea what it's gonna be like.

Documentary with interviews,matches and backstage footage
Reply 5304
Original post by jontyfernz
There are rumuours about curt hawkins or shelton benjamin replacing orton tonight

Makes more sense for Luke Harper to return tbh. What a turn up that would be.
Original post by Longshot750
I kept thinking it was gonna be someone playing chris benoit as he spirals into madness. Personally woulda thought that missed diving headbutt from the ladder at wm 21 was basically it in a nutshell.

They have not given any indication about the content type.It could be anything,even a musical
even a musical

I'd watch that.
They have not given any indication about the content type.It could be anything,even a musical

Avoid replying to longshot, he's been banned a few dozen times here (seriously) for being abusive, derailing threads and apparently paedophilia.

You start interacting with him or even mentioning and the thread gets destroyed for several pages, that's why we don't even read his posts now. Don't open that can of worms please, the thread was doing great without him.

Original post by Mackay
Such a shame, too, because Gall is a cretin.

Punk won't have another right in UFC. They won't allow it. Fact.

He may stay in MMA and fight a few amateurs, but he will never be featured at a UFC event again. White has pretty much confirmed that.*

Brock Lesnar lost his first fight, a lot of fighters do, and a lot of fights end quickly. All of Rousey's opponents weren't chumps.

People are more annoyed at Gall's cheap takedown than Punk losing. They would want to see him in another bout just to see what he can do. If he gets beaten again in seconds then fine.

Dana is hardly the most respected of guys in the world but he would like even more of an idiot if he tells Punk he can't fight in UFC again because it's too dangerous or he's no good. DANA'S the one who brought him in, it's his fault primarily. Give him a second fight and then if Punk does well it's all good, if Punk gets killed he can say "this is what happens when 'wrestlers' and celebrities try and get in our sport, this is serious business where the participants are trained killers".
Original post by ozzyoscy
Avoid replying to longshot, he's been banned a few dozen times here (seriously) for being abusive, derailing threads and apparently paedophilia.

You start interacting with him or even mentioning and the thread gets destroyed for several pages, that's why we don't even read his posts now. Don't open that can of worms please, the thread was doing great without him.

No self respecting person would let some stranger on the web tell him who and not speak to.

When a abusive control freak can't control someone, he tries to control how others see him.

Maybe if you don't try to start arguments with me to boost your self esteem then maybe we won't end up in the WWE Society 10.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh and just to clear stuff up about that "Paedophilia" statement, a while ago a member said she's half arab, as a half brown person myself I said "How u doin?" as a joke, we got into a convo and she said she was 16 and so I stopped the conversation like a decent human being.
Omg, Kane, love this guy, hope he never retires.

Edit: He didn't need Randy, Kane can destroy the entire roster if he wanted to.
(edited 7 years ago)
I rest my case.

Moving on...

Heath Slater is no longer the hottest free agent in wrestling.Sigh.
Oh apparently there was a PPV just now, wonder how Vince feels about everyone talking about UFC AND Punk instead.

AJ Styles is champ which is no surprise. They were only going to put the 'world' title on him if they had two titles again and made him champ of the secondary one. Hopefully we don't end up with a third 'ECW' brand where we have to pretend that champ is 'world champ' too.

Rhyno will turn on Slater, Slater will get buried some more, then he'll eventually get released. This run he's had is all creative will have thought up for him and now these professional writers will be stumped, have "nothing for him", and he'll be the one who gets sacked not them.

I don't know what else there was but I assume there was a women's title match and Becky Lynch won it.
Reply 5314
Decent PPV - but, man, I could have done without that Wyatt/Kane segment. I feel sorry for the writers, because they were dealt an extremely late blow with Orton having to withdraw through injury after he wasn't cleared in time, but surely they should be delivering something better than that segment?

Wyatt was booked poorly, and he was dismantled by an ageing Kane. Plenty of fans feel Wyatt's character has already suffered irreparable damage, and if he can't even look dominant during segments like this, then what hope does he have of being taken seriously when he's in a major programme with the likes of Cena, Orton, Ambrose, AJ et al?

Aside from that, it was a good, solid show. The first brand-specific PPV can be deemed a "success". Both tag team matches were good (the Usos have been given a new lease of life with this heel turn, and it will completely transform them) and the the pay-off with Slater/Rhyno emerging victorious with the straps was absolutely the right decision. I do agree with Ozzy, though. This Slater run is just the 2016 version of Mizdow, but it's good to see WWE capitalising on it by giving them the straps. We're obviously gearing up for a Rhyno turn, but after that, god knows what they'll do with Slater. I imagine it'll be back to the random Main Event and Superstars appearances, and jobbing to mid carders. In the short-term: who do they feud with? The Usos and American Alpha are going to go toe-to-toe, the Hype Bros are faces, so that leaves the Vaudevillians (hardly stellar opposition), The Ascension (please no) or Breezango (more likely imho).

The pre-show was pretty good, too. Renee Young is probably the best presenter WWE have ever had, and it was good to see Crews go up against Corbin. Creative has failed in giving them decent programmes/feuds since being drafted to SmackDown, but it was an enjoyable bout and made sure they featured as part of the first SmackDown PPV.

Aside from that, there were no surprises: The Miz correctly retained and Becky Lynch and AJ Styles were the correct decisions for both titles, with the latter the hottest thing in wrestling right now and Dean growing stale by the day. Ambrose needs a heel turn, in truth.
Original post by ozzyoscy
I rest my case.

Moving on...

You talk sh*t about me to other people and call me a f*cking Paedophile to other members and say I'm derailing the thread when I f*cking stand up against that!?

You evil manipulative sh*tstain.

"Hey, let's bully this guy and make sure other people don't talk to him, omg, how dare he not just shut up and take it, he's derailing the thread".
Holy **** Booker T throwing shade at Punk. Never seen him so bitter.
Reply 5317
Original post by AR_95
Holy **** Booker T throwing shade at Punk. Never seen him so bitter.

He's just having fun, he was revelling in 'calling it' and I think we all called it. It reminded me of "BATISTA IS DOWN. BATISTA IS DOWN. BATISTA IS DOWN. BATISTA IS DOWN".
Reply 5319
Cena set to feature at the next SmackDown PPV, apparently, and tomorrow night's show. So, you'd imagine he'll be shoehorned into the Ambrose vs AJ feud, before Cena takes a long hiatus from the company to shoot his new film, allowing Ambrose and AJ to have a deciding match at Survivor Series.

Quick Reply

Latest