The Student Room Group

Personal Statement - Books

Hello,

I was just wondering how many books to include in a geography personal statement. I have currently read four, but dont know whether to include them all?

(edited 7 years ago)
It's quality not quantity - 4 seems like plenty, as long as they are relevant to the course (and the unis you are applying for). Remember not to just name drop books, and talk about why they interested you
Reply 2
kek, like the person said above, its about quality. Don't simply list the books you read, give your opinion on it and discuss what it talked about in detail. Better to talk about 1 book in detail than 4 books in a shallow manner.
Original post by *Interrobang*
It's quality not quantity - 4 seems like plenty, as long as they are relevant to the course (and the unis you are applying for). Remember not to just name drop books, and talk about why they interested you

Hi, should quotation marks be used around book titles?
e.g.
I read Stephen Hawking's "Fifty Shades Of Grey"
vs
I read Stephen Hawking's Fifty Shades Of Grey
Reply 4
Original post by *Interrobang*

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering whether I should read Solar Hydrogen Energy - The power to save the earth by JohnO’M Bockris. The issue is that it is quite an old book first published in 1991. Does this make it too old as they may not know about it?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Hi, should quotation marks be used around book titles?
e.g.
I read Stephen Hawking's "Fifty Shades Of Grey"
vs
I read Stephen Hawking's Fifty Shades Of Grey

Have quotation marks around the books

Original post by FlynnRS
Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering whether I should read Solar Hydrogen Energy - The power to save the earth by JohnO’M Bockris. The issue is that it is quite an old book first published in 1991. Does this make it too old as they may not know about it?

I don't know the book, but I would try and read more recent books than that if you can

Quick Reply

Latest