The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Medicine at York without an AS? (3 subjects only)

I've looked on the entry requirements for medicine at york and can only see the offer of 3 A-Levels, but I'm just making sure that you don't need to have an additional subject to AS, is this right?

I'm about to finally decide if I do 3 subjects (I'm in year 12) and don't want to rule out my chances of applying to medicine at york. thank you:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
????
University of York
York
3 A levels are not a problem if you are looking at 2017 entry.

They are considering requiring a 4th subject for 2018 entry
Original post by jazz_xox_
I've looked on the entry requirements for medicine at york and can only see the offer of 3 A-Levels, but I'm just making sure that you don't need to have an additional subject to AS, is this right?

I'm about to confirm to my sixth form that I'm just doing 3 subjects (I'm in year 12) and don't want to rule out my chances of applying to medicine at york. thank you:smile:

AS grades aren't considered anymore for nearly every medical school. Neither is a 4th AS.
Reply 4
Original post by magratgarlick
3 A levels are not a problem if you are looking at 2017 entry.

They are considering requiring a 4th subject for 2018 entry

I will be a 2018 entry ..I think :colondollar: I'm in year 12. It does say they may consider EPQ for this and I am doing that

I'm about to confirm to my sixth form that I'm just doing 3 subjects (I'm in year 12) and don't want to rule out my chances of applying to medicine at york. thank you:smile:

Hiya,

If you're applying for 2018 entry, the Hull York Medical School are currently considering reintroducing the requirement for a fourth distinct subject. This could be an AS-Level, an EPQ or a Core Maths qualification.

I'd recommend you drop an email to [email protected] stating the subjects you're planning to study and enquiring with them. They may recommend you take a fourth subject, or they may say that an EPQ would be accepted.

Hope that helps,

Katie
Reply 6
Original post by University of York
Hiya,

If you're applying for 2018 entry, the Hull York Medical School are currently considering reintroducing the requirement for a fourth distinct subject. This could be an AS-Level, an EPQ or a Core Maths qualification.

I'd recommend you drop an email to [email protected] stating the subjects you're planning to study and enquiring with them. They may recommend you take a fourth subject, or they may say that an EPQ would be accepted.

Hope that helps,

Katie

Thank you very much, I have emailed that address. I am taking an EPQ as well. I have seen that some universities appreciate if they receive written confirmation from the school that a 4th AS wasn't available to the student, do you think York would consider this?

Thanks again, Jasmine
Thank you very much, I have emailed that address. I am taking an EPQ as well. I have seen that some universities appreciate if they receive written confirmation from the school that a 4th AS wasn't available to the student, do you think York would consider this?

Thanks again, Jasmine

Hi,

I couldn't tell you for certain whether this would be the case - again, the admissions team at HYMS are the people to speak to! You'll get the most correct and recent information from them.

If you're wanting a speedy response, you could always try calling them on 01904 321690.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your application! :smile:

Katie
Reply 8
Original post by University of York
Hi,

I couldn't tell you for certain whether this would be the case - again, the admissions team at HYMS are the people to speak to! You'll get the most correct and recent information from them.

If you're wanting a speedy response, you could always try calling them on 01904 321690.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your application! :smile:

Katie

Okay thank you so much for your help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest