The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Guys, is it possible to work out a pokemon's max CP going by its progress bar?
After hatching about 8 2k eggs, finally managed to hatch a starter (Bulbasaur again) with the stats in the below screenshot.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473499102.778449.jpg

Also, all I seem to get are bulbasaurs from eggs, never got a squirtle, Charmander or a Pikachu at all from eggs. Is this just really crappy luck or am I doomed to only get bulbasaurs from eggs in terms of starters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, is it possible to work out a pokemon's max CP going by its progress bar?
After hatching about 8 2k eggs, finally managed to hatch a starter (Bulbasaur again) with the stats in the below screenshot.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473499102.778449.jpg

Also, all I seem to get are bulbasaurs from eggs, never got a squirtle, Charmander or a Pikachu at all from eggs. Is this just really crappy luck or am I doomed to only get bulbasaurs from eggs in terms of starters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use this IV calculator and use the advanced options:

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator?hl=en

You put in your team and the appraisal information they give you and that will narrow down.

I prefer this calculator:

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

it usually shows you what your pokemon will also be once evolved. Lately it's been giving me more errors though..
Alright, looks like the app is doing wonders for my health again.
Managed 18 miles yesterday and didn't get a bus or drive once, all on foot. =D

Trying to get as much exercise in as I can before semester stats at uni...
Gained a little weight (can tell by looking at my gut) over the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So after my moaning about not enough 10km eggs, (1 in 20 eggs), I've now picked up another 2x 10km eggs so got 3 currently being incubated.

Hoping that one of them is something good..
I caught a wild Vaporeon the other day.

Only ever caught 2 Eevees so that was a welcome find.
Guys, was given a Itunes gift card a little while ago and now have a full inv of 5k eggs and my 10k egg is in an incubator with about 7k left to go.
Can you use Itunes Cards on Pokemon Go? =l
Guys, was given a Itunes gift card a little while ago and now have a full inv of 5k eggs and my 10k egg is in an incubator with about 7k left to go.
Can you use Itunes Cards on Pokemon Go? =l

Can they be used to add credit to the whatever the store app is called on apple stuff, or only credit on iTunes itself. If the for!er, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Can they be used to add credit to the whatever the store app is called on apple stuff, or only credit on iTunes itself. If the for!er, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I have no idea.
I've only had my Iphone for the last month (first ever Iphone) and so, don't know much about it.

That's why I asked on here. =l
So the Buddy Pokemon update should be coming soon... who will be your first buddy Pokemon?
Original post by Athena64
So the Buddy Pokemon update should be coming soon... who will be your first buddy Pokemon?

Finally! Taken a week longer than everyone anticipated.

Not sure.. probably my 2k Lapras since I could do with another 5 candies to boost a couple more times?

Otherwise might try and evolve a Growlithe or something?
Original post by Athena64

Dratini or a starter.
Was going to be a Gastly but I've noticed since moving to my student accommodation, they're quite common. So not needed any more.

Also, Growlithe could be a good one for me. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the buddy system, do we know if there's any advantage with having evolved forms vs base forms of pokemon as a buddy? 3 candies for a dragonite vs 1 for dratini etc. or is that purely aesthetic in the game?
Original post by Donkey******
With the buddy system, do we know if there's any advantage with having evolved forms vs base forms of pokemon as a buddy? 3 candies for a dragonite vs 1 for dratini etc. or is that purely aesthetic in the game?

I think base/evolved forms make no difference.

So far it sounds like distance walked = candies earned. So you might only have to walk 1km to get a bulbasaur candy but you'll need to walk 3km to get a dratini candy.
Guys, is there a reason the only starter I ever get from 2k eggs is always a Bulbasaur or is it just crap luck?

EDIT:
Wouldn't mind a good Charmander/Squirtle (All Squirtles I ever get have terrible IVs...)
Guys, is there a reason the only starter I ever get from 2k eggs is always a Bulbasaur or is it just crap luck?

EDIT:
Wouldn't mind a good Charmander/Squirtle (All Squirtles I ever get have terrible IVs...)

Seems like eggs give you better IVs for starters, gives you an incentive to hatch 2km eggs rather than just waiting for 5Km eggs etc.

EDIT:

Either it's just luck or maybe certain pokestop are more likely to give you certain starters? I've hatched a lot of pidgeys/ratatta/magikarp from 2km eggs too.

Where is this update?! I want to buddy up already :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
Either it's just luck or maybe certain pokestop are more likely to give you certain starters? I've hatched a lot of pidgeys/ratatta/magikarp from 2km eggs too.

Where is this update?! I want to buddy up already :colondollar:

The APK is out there if you can't wait for an official roll out, alternatively, sign in to a US based google account.

EDIT:

Just hatched what I believe is my 3rd Bulbasaur (no Charmanders or Squirtles yet).
Guys, have caught a 656CP Bellsprout which has an IV of 71, also have a 607CP one which has an IV of 80.

Haven't decided to evolve yet because I only have 56 candy but, assuming I don't get a stronger one, which to evolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, have caught a 656CP Bellsprout which has an IV of 71, also have a 607CP one which has an IV of 80.

Haven't decided to evolve yet because I only have 56 candy but, assuming I don't get a stronger one, which to evolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt you would use either of them to battle so probably doesn't matter. I tend to evolve the higher CP just to try and get as many over CP 1000 as possible :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest