The Student Room Group

Just moved into my uni shared house

So I just moved into my private accommodation which is shared by 8 people 4 of which are not even here yet and the other 4 are all boys... like it's cool thst my housemates are guys but I was hoping to go out and do things but it seems these guys are not into that and are introverts like if it was a girl i could have talked to her as im a guy and all but what would i even say to a guy like that. This is literally the first time i have been in this city and i dont know where anything is and i don't want to go out alone if you get what i mean...

What do i do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mikkolia
So I just moved into my private accommodation which is shared by 8 people 4 of which are not even here yet and the other 4 are all boys... like it's cool thst my housemates are guys but I was hoping to go out and do things but it seems these guys are not into that and are introverts like if it was a girl i could have talked to her as im a guy and all but what would i even say to a guy like that. This is literally the first time i have been in this city and i dont know where anything is and i don't want to go out alone if you get what i mean...

What do i do?

Why in particular do you not want to go out alone? There's nothing wrong with it, loads of people do it, and just going out exploring can be quite fun! Do you know when the others will be arriving in the house??
Original post by mikkolia

What do i do?

Hello :smile:,

Personally, I'd suggest going out alone. Spend a day or two just exploring your city, go grab some lunch somewhere, find parks and places to visit and just feel comfortable in the city on your own.

At the same time, if you really don't want too, approach the people you live with and just mention that you are going out and if they would like to join you. If you are willing to make that effort and step out your comfort zone and make the first move, you may find it pays off.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by mobbsy91
Why in particular do you not want to go out alone? There's nothing wrong with it, loads of people do it, and just going out exploring can be quite fun! Do you know when the others will be arriving in the house??

I think I might just do that.

Thanks
Kolia :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:,

Personally, I'd suggest going out alone. Spend a day or two just exploring your city, go grab some lunch somewhere, find parks and places to visit and just feel comfortable in the city on your own.

At the same time, if you really don't want too, approach the people you live with and just mention that you are going out and if they would like to join you. If you are willing to make that effort and step out your comfort zone and make the first move, you may find it pays off.

Best of luck :smile:

I have asked them to join me multille times but no lmao.

I probably will just go out alone and hopefully make some friends that I can go out with from then on aha.

Thanks
Kolia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest