The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4480
Original post by 11...
confused how people do sick in VR. jealous lol
Reply 4481
the QR is a bit easier in the real exam.
Reply 4482
do the decision making questions to get yourself prepared for the sections which count later on. useful tips
Reply 4483
you can wear headphones/ear plugs in the exam room to avoid noise :smile:
Reply 4484
it is where driving theory exams take place
Reply 4485
Original post by KB_97
How many do you have to get right in SJT to get band 1. im averaging out at 45/69 excluding partial marks be idk how they count that.

band 2 :smile: 50/69 is roughly band 1
Reply 4486
when r the cut-off scores out for the unis. some say november and others say early october...........
Original post by 11...
when r the cut-off scores out for the unis. some say november and others say early october...........

cut off scores in november, ukcat average scores released early october so those averages will give you an idea of how well you've done:smile:
What's the ssspn approach the ukcat ninja is talking about in the abstract section?
Original post by sunnyrays07
Does anyone know which AR mock or website is closest to the actual exam? Did the Kaplan mock and got 630 :frown:

I personally think the UKCAT Mock Test A was rge closest to the actual exam.
Original post by michaela__
cut off scores in november, ukcat average scores released early october so those averages will give you an idea of how well you've done:smile:

Where can we find the average scores and cut offs?
did ukcat today got band 1

VR:670 QR:890
AR:860

guessed a few on QR had a bad start but I soon gained momentum. AR fairly easy. VR I wasn't in the zone and made a lot of errors sadly.
Original post by Jammie123
Sorry for the late reply! I would definitely recommend it personally, it was really beneficial and I feel was the best representation of the actual UKCAT exam this year. I would start doing mocks by spacing them out throughout your last nine days.

But the question appear easier than the medify ones. Would that be challenging enough? because i dont want any nasty surprises. Also are the medify questions harder than actual or representative?
Original post by Xenon17
did ukcat today got band 1

VR:670 QR:890
AR:860

guessed a few on QR had a bad start but I soon gained momentum. AR fairly easy. VR I wasn't in the zone and made a lot of errors sadly.

that is amazing well done!!! what resources did you use and how much revision did you do?
Original post by KB_97
What's the ssspn approach the ukcat ninja is talking about in the abstract section?

Shape
Size
Shade
Position
Number

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarabegum12
I personally think the UKCAT Mock Test A was rge closest to the actual exam.

Only for the AR section though, right ? :0
Original post by Zarabegum12
Where can we find the average scores and cut offs?

average scores would be on the ukcat website im guessing and cut offs will be published by the uni's if they choose to, just keep checking on medicine threads on here and I'm sure nearer the time people on here will post them. idk that much as this is my first year applying so you are better asking someone more experienced on this - sorry i couldn't help much :smile:
People who used UKCAT Ninja - Would you say that the AR is representative of the actual exam? Thank youuu
Original post by Jammie123
Shape
Size
Shade
Position
Number

Posted from TSR Mobile

did this work well for you jammie :smile:?
Got my ukcat soon freaking the hell out. I got 600-650 on couple of medify mocks and i am scared they will be harder in actual thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending