The Student Room Group

Fabric London (famous nightclub) is Closed!

Poll

should fabric have been closed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37293705/culture-of-drugs-at-londons-fabric-nightclub-causes-licence-to-be-revoked

One of the UK's most well known nightclubs is to close permanently after its licence was revoked.

The decision to shut down Fabric was made by Islington Council in north London, which described a "culture of drugs" at the venue.

The club was closed temporarily earlier this year after the deaths of two teenagers.

The Metropolitan Police claimed keeping Fabric open would cause further drug-related deaths.

"Searches at the venue were inadequate," the licensing committee chair, Flora Williamson, commented. "Deaths at the club involved people who were very young." In its report, the council said: "The extent of the drug use was such that security and staff would have or should have been able to observe not only the use of drugs but also the effect of drug use on a large number of patrons.

"Staff intervention and security was grossly inadequate in light of the overwhelming evidence that it was abundantly obvious that patrons in the club were on drugs and manifesting symptoms showing that they were.

"This included sweating, glazed red eyes and staring into space and people asking for help.

"A culture of drug use exists at the club which the existing management and security appears incapable of controlling."

Do you agree with the Councils decision?

It was literally like a legal drug dealers haven. When I went there my friend was offered weed and MDMA on the dance floor part alone
Reply 2
Pity they can't shut down down all the meat markets in the west end. Clubs like these are a part of music heritage.
"Over the past four years there have been six deaths in relation to Fabric. Five of those were people under 25."

imagine it said

"Over the past four years there have been six deaths in relation to the mosque. Five of those were people under 25."

.....*
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It was literally like a legal drug dealers haven. When I went there my friend was offered weed and MDMA on the dance floor part alone

When did you go?

apparently was the best club now Ill never go :frown:
Reply 5
This happens in every nightclub...
Reply 6
No I don't agree at all. Venues can't completely stop people taking drugs in - not unless they want to perform full cavity searches on everyone. Its the same with people causing trouble in venues - they always shut the venue down, but never deal with the people causing the problems, so they just move on to the next place and ruin that also. If people choose to take drugs then the consequences should be on their own heads. Police and courts should spend more time catching and giving out decent sentances to the troublemakers and dealers rather than destroying our nightlife.

I enjoyed many nights at Fabric without taking drugs, and didn't see any blatant drug taking going on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrinceHarrys
When did you go?

apparently was the best club now Ill never go :frown:

End of March for their Easter rave, it was quite a good club to be fair, I loved the live music
Original post by Dbmusic
No I don't agree at all. Venues can't completely stop people taking drugs in - not unless they want to perform full cavity searches on everyone. Its the same with people causing trouble in venues - they always shut the venue down, but never deal with the people causing the problems, so they just move on to the next place and ruin that also. If people choose to take drugs then the consequences should be on their own heads. Police and courts should spend more time catching and giving out decent prosecutions to the troublemakers and dealers rather than destroying our nightlife.

I enjoyed many nights at Fabric without taking drugs, and didn't see any blatant drug taking going on.

I actually heard the bouncers were too strict, like checking under peoples bras for drugs and things :lolwut:
Reply 9
Original post by PrinceHarrys
I actually heard the bouncers were too strict, like checking under peoples bras for drugs and things :lolwut:

Could be possible knowing they were being targeted. I haven't been for a few years so can't comment on that. They will never catch the folks putting them in their pants and up their bums though!
Original post by Dbmusic
Could be possible knowing they were being targeted. I haven't been for a few years so can't comment on that. They will never catch the folks putting them in their pants and up their bums though!

true :smile:
Original post by the bear
"Over the past four years there have been six deaths in relation to Fabric. Five of those were people under 25."

Awful and all the worse for being so easily avoidable. Drug deaths are now at a record high yet use is at record lows, this religious moral crusade against these poor people really has to end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37315941
Original post by dingleberry jam
Awful and all the worse for being so easily avoidable. Drug deaths are now at a record high yet use is at record lows, this religious moral crusade against these poor people really has to end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37315941

How is it avoidable? :redface:
Reply 13

imagine it said

"Over the past four years there have been six deaths in relation to the mosque. Five of those were people under 25."

.....*

Huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Duh ? *

Bruh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending