The Student Room Group

C3 Functions help

I'm just really confused with this.
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
I'm just really confused with this.

Which part? What's confusing??
Original post by RDKGames
Which part? What's confusing??

so how would you find the range to start with? Would you just do F(0) and F(360)?
so how would you find the range to start with? Would you just do F(0) and F(360)?

you just look at the extremes of F(x) with the variable
the max value of sinx is 1 and the min is -1, so you just consider both of those cases

Not really necessary. You can just use transformations from a normal sin(x) graph to work this one out. c stretches the graph in the y-direcion and b translates it. Take the range of the normal sin(x) graph and apply the same transformations really.

EDIT: got the wrong variables :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RDKGames
Not really necessary. You can just use transformations from a normal sin(x) graph to work this one out. b stretches the graph in the y-direcion and a translates it. Take the range of the normal sin(x) graph and apply the same transformations really.

Original post by ValerieKR
you just look at the extremes of F(x) with the variable
the max value of sinx is 1 and the min is -1, so you just consider both of those cases

Ok so it will be b+c and b-c, how about the show the graph crosses the x axis if -c<b<c
Ok so it will be b+c and b-c, how about the show the graph crosses the x axis if -c<b<c

Try drawing the graph, take some initiative
Original post by ValerieKR
Try drawing the graph, take some initiative

I did and i get it now, its just that questions that i don't understand right away just throw me off. "If in doubt draw it out"- I keep forgetting this.

Think about what happens b get's closer and closer to -c, and then what happens when it gets closer and closer to +c. As said above, a drawn graph can help.

Quick Reply

Latest