The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Uni London Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Themodeststudent
English language and linguistics, anyone else going to study this course?

I am!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
On my timetable it says that I'll be taking a maths assessment during freshers, does anyone know what it will consist of so I can revise specific topics ?
Q) Does the buddy scheme pair you up with someone on your course but in the latter years or just any
regular student from any course?
Original post by TheRealDeeds_
On my timetable it says that I'll be taking a maths assessment during freshers, does anyone know what it will consist of so I can revise specific topics ?

Same here
I've got a chemistry assessment too
No idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by TheRealDeeds_

Where did you find your timetable?? x
Original post by ekhhh

They sent you an induction timetable for freshers week
What course are you doing?

You can also find you're actual timetable on the queen Mary app, if you sign in.
I have three lessons a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ekhhh

It's not the official one but it's the freshers one for next week, I received it on email x
Freshers week is this week 12-18th Sep and welcome week is 19-23rd Sep right?

Anybody that went today, how did you find it?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Nah, 50-55 mins is the most I'd consider travelling while still living at home.
I had to travel 45-50 mins to college so +5 more mins shouldn't make a difference, though I may eat my words in the future. :lol:

Just looked at the timetable hours over the 3 years for my degree and I'm in Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with the occasional 9am-5:30pm. :bawling: Have you checked your timetable rough idea of how many days/hours you'll be at uni for the week? I would have :heart: to finish at 4pm. That's awesome! :smile: I'm just joining my subject -> Physics Society, Anime society and the gym. I doubt I'll be able to juggle anything else esp the time spent commuting back & forth. :sad:

Hey, noticed you will be commuting so will I, wondering how you were gonna get home after freshers events because the trains will close after a certain time ://
Original post by schmidt_weasley
Hey, noticed you will be commuting so will I, wondering how you were gonna get home after freshers events because the trains will close after a certain time ://

I'm not planning on staying out extremely late during freshers, that's all.
For anyone studying biochemistry or chemistry or any lab based degree, will you be purchasing you're own lab coat?
I know they provide it but it's nice to have you're own :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Freshers week is this week 12-18th Sep and welcome week is 19-23rd Sep right?

Anybody that went today, how did you find it?

Yep, from what I know. Did you get your official timetable yet, or is everyone talking about the Welcome Week timetable?
Original post by _howl
Yep, from what I know. Did you get your official timetable yet, or is everyone talking about the Welcome Week timetable?

The official timetable is available on the queen Mary app. That's where I found mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by Bloom77
The official timetable is available on the queen Mary app. That's where I found mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, thanks!
Original post by _howl

I made a error in my earlier post. Apparently, freshers week is 16th-30th Sep
and welcome week is 19th-23rd Sep.

No I did not. I believe you'll get sometime during welcome week when you choose your optional modules etc.
Reply 115
Slightly off topic buuut what exactly are the documents we need to print out for accommodation and enrolment? I know it's the licence agreement / accommodation acceptance letter, and maybe another one / two?
Anyone enrolled today?
There were loads of people!!
Really well organised :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Anyone enrolled today?
There were loads of people!!
Really well organised :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. Can I ask you a few questions?

Does everyone basically line up in the centre and wait to be called?

When people are called to enrol, are they literally next to eachother so you can hear eachother talking?

How long did it take you?

Thanks lol
Did anyone need to take GCSE certificates?

It isn't listed on the pre-enrolment certificate, but it's listed on the website as an academic qualification you need to bring, but unfortunately my school is really rubbish at handing out certificates. Despite continuing on in their sixth form for 2 years, they never thought to hand me my GCSE certificates, and I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago asking for them and the still haven't replied.

I do have my GCSE results slip, but if it's required to bring along the certificates I will have to invade the school on monday and demand them to give it to me.

I would be forever grateful if someone clears this up for me
Original post by KINGYusuf
Hey. Can I ask you a few questions?

When people are called to enrol, are they literally next to eachother so you can hear eachother talking?

Thanks lol

Can I ask you a few questions?

Yep lool

Noo, it's like going into primark and you line up and you wait for each customer to be called by the cashier.
Hope that's a good analogy lol

Yeah you would hear them talking but I didn't take any notice of anyone else's conversation as I started a conversation with someone in front of me

Waiting in the line was the longest bit
So I probably had to wait for 20 minutes
And the enrolment and taking student ID pictures took about 10-15 minutes all together

You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending