The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Worried about starting uni

Hi, Im worrying about going to uni. Is there any point in worrying about it and whats it like when you get there? Thanks
Reply 1
Depends if you're living in accommodation or commuting.

Honestly, university isn't that bad. I prefer it to secondary school and sixth form. It will be hard and you will be nervous at first, you will settle in quick and make friends.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ishax
Depends if you're living in accommodation or commuting.

Honestly, university isn't that bad. I prefer it to secondary school and sixth form. It will be hard and you will be nervous at first, you will settle in quick and make friends.
Im living in halls. Im looking forward to it as well but its just so daunting.
Reply 3
Original post by MrCoolVille
Im living in halls. Im looking forward to it as well but its just so daunting.

You'll be okay then, try to mix in with your flat mates. Bring sweets! :smile: haha.

It is scary moving away from home the first time, you won't be the only one though. Your flat mates will be in the same position as you, so hopefully they can give support too.
Reply 4
Original post by Ishax
You'll be okay then, try to mix in with your flat mates. Bring sweets! :smile: haha.

It is scary moving away from home the first time, you won't be the only one though. Your flat mates will be in the same position as you, so hopefully they can give support too.
One good thing is we have a group chat on Facebook with my flatmates. Its just nervous moving away from home. I will bring a box of beers and share that out with my flatmates.
Reply 5
Original post by MrCoolVille
One good thing is we have a group chat on Facebook with my flatmates. Its just nervous moving away from home. I will bring a box of beers and share that out with my flatmates.

I'm sure you'll be fine, stop worrying!

Quick Reply

Latest