The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
well.............you know what you have to do, right?

you gotta show 'em

these GCSE gals

they got nothing on your A Level skills

get those A*'s and rein your superiority on them

...................i believe in you

............................do it

We shall do it together! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
We shall do it together! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

we shall motivate each other until the end of time

i'm ready for this, friend

I hope you are too.
clever.

verryyy clever.

doing work in frees must mean you have more time at home.

I approve of your methods

now I understand why you may dislikes frees

Might as well do my work seen as I have 11 frees per week. I like my frees just except my triple free. And no I'm at a private boarding school so you have 'prep time' which is time to do your homework so from 6:30-8:30 I'm working
Reply 743
oh..........
I can relate..........

.....all those C's and B's on that one piece of paper......they hurt......

I feel your pain, my friend. I feel it.

They really do hurt don't they! 1 D on mine too. Let's just say I was in the biggest crying state out of anyone at my school. But my parents 'you got what you need, so proud of you' that annoys me so much! I'm not proud of me, I don't need their patronising pride

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForeverFrench
I started back Wednesday and got set homework I've being set homework all this week at least 4 pieces a day. It's alevels some take to them quickly some don't it takes time. Theres a lot of negativity on this thread because people are giving lessons/schools time, speak to your teachers having a good relationship with them is crucial tell them there going a lil too fast. Go home go over your notes or in your frees speak to classmates and go over the work

I'll definitely mention if I don't understand something from now on, thanks. Luckily, I'm not behind as I managed to learn what I didn't know as well as doing all my homework for tomorrow. Do you recommend doing rough notes in class and making them neater later, which I'm doing at the moment, or making notes in lessons and just revising off that? The method I use is kind of time consuming, but my handwrighting is slow and sloppy in lessons, so I won't get everything down neatly if I just make a rough copy of notes and stick to that.
Original post by HurtfulHarold
I'll definitely mention if I don't understand something from now on, thanks. Luckily, I'm not behind as I managed to learn what I didn't know as well as doing all my homework for tomorrow. Do you recommend doing rough notes in class and making them neater later, which I'm doing at the moment, or making notes in lessons and just revising off that? The method I use is kind of time consuming, but my handwrighting is slow and sloppy in lessons, so I won't get everything down neatly if I just make a rough copy of notes and stick to that.

It's whatever works for you xx personally I love colour so all my notes I make in class are neat and colourful and then when I need to revise I condense my notes down nearer the time. But I'm in a class of average 9 or 10 so I have the time to make neat notes xx
It's whatever works for you xx personally I love colour so all my notes I make in class are neat and colourful and then when I need to revise I condense my notes down nearer the time. But I'm in a class of average 9 or 10 so I have the time to make neat notes xx

All my classes have at least 15 people so I don't really have the time. I'm thinking on working on my writing speed as well as my handwrighting. It would make everything much easier if I did so, but I've been writing like this for years and I'm not sure if I want to change now. For maths, I doubt that I'm going to need to re-do notes so at least there's a silver lining in there somewhere.
Original post by HurtfulHarold
All my classes have at least 15 people so I don't really have the time. I'm thinking on working on my writing speed as well as my handwrighting. It would make everything much easier if I did so, but I've been writing like this for years and I'm not sure if I want to change now. For maths, I doubt that I'm going to need to re-do notes so at least there's a silver lining in there somewhere.

You'll figure it out xx
But I'm in a class of average 9 or 10 so I have the time to make neat notes xx

don't understand this, could you elaborate? i wish i could make neat notes in class, we go way too quickly for that :redface:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
don't understand this, could you elaborate? i wish i could make neat notes in class, we go way too quickly for that :redface:

What it says I'm In small class sizes and I have more teaching time per subject as my school day doesn't finish till 5;15 so the pace of the class goes much slower and the class work is tailored to all our needs so teachers know who's a slow writer etc so cater for us, just perks of being in an independent school
Eid Mubarak all.
And curses on anyone who decided to go in after prayer.
Doing Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology but lots of people in my year are doing three so I'm thinking of dropping psychology as I don't want to be overloaded with work. Can I have someone's opinion like will I be at a disadvantage of taking only these 3 a levels?? I would rather focus on 3 rather than 4 as I was going to drop one at the end of AS anyway... Also would it look better to do Biology rather than psychology?
(edited 7 years ago)
Had my first day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had drama and we got to know each other, teacher was great! Art we started an A1 sized portrait of ourselves in charcoal and that was fun. Overall good day apart from being told to come in for mandatory study skills then being told it's cancelled

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll figure it out xx

Had a great day relative to all of my other days now. I think I enjoy my new school now :biggrin:. Hopefully it's like this for the rest of the 2 years.
Reply 754
That was the best day I've had so far! Got through it without tears or an anxiety attack so all is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColossalAtom
x*

You should totally add me to the aspiring medics list :wink: *

Hi lads! I was previously half on the Year 11 topic. I'm doing Chemistry, Maths, Biology and French along with Italian GCSE as extra academic enrichment :tongue: Hopefully I'll be able to do an EPQ which links bilingualism and its effects on the brain later this year. :smile:))) I'm looking to go to Oxford for medicine or maybe even abroad - France or Germany, depending on how the current geopolitical situation will pan out.*

Anyone wanna help me out with a chemistry question? Because I'm a tiny bit stuck.. xD

14285313_1792646440951883_1082193685_o.jpg

I got 627g.... However, it says to 3sf... ?!1*
The number of replies on this thread is making it slightly overwhelming :lol: but :wavey: the name's TheHaunted.

Hobbies and interests include reading, music, origami (when I have the time) and procrastination.

I'm planning to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and German. :woo:

My favourite subject would have to be Music, even though I'm not taking it, but Maths would be up there as well. :bubbles:

And finally, I'm not yet sure what my ideal career would be, though it'll have to be something either mathsy or physics (so maybe Engineering :dontknow:).
Original post by Mr...
Then I eat/hang out/sleep in the common room :tongue:

Yep :colonhash: I got two English essays, one for French and Economics then a worksheet for history.

:lol: It's great, especially considering Topshop is quite expensive :tongue:
I start in two weeks because I told them I want to settle into a routine and that I'm not overwhelmed with with work and school and other stuff:yep:

Good call. :tongue:

Eww... so much writing. :tongue: I got a 3 pages of biology, some pages in the maths textbook and a sheet of titration questions today. Not bad. :lol:

Sensible idea. I hope you enjoy it! :h:

Original post by Gingerbread101
Good plan, hopefully you keep it up :wink: Maths is very chill at the start (doing C1?), but it kicks off a bit with C2 :smile:

Thanks! :jumphug: yep I will be :smile:

I hope so too. I'm finishing off the homework I got today and I'm hoping I'll have at least an hour to make notes. :tongue: Yep, C1. I did Add Maths and Kumon so a lot of the course it is familiar. :h:

:woo:
Original post by Elliwhi
You should totally add me to the aspiring medics list :wink: *

Hi lads! I was previously half on the Year 11 topic. I'm doing Chemistry, Maths, Biology and French along with Italian GCSE as extra academic enrichment :tongue: Hopefully I'll be able to do an EPQ which links bilingualism and its effects on the brain later this year. :smile:))) I'm looking to go to Oxford for medicine or maybe even abroad - France or Germany, depending on how the current geopolitical situation will pan out.*

Anyone wanna help me out with a chemistry question? Because I'm a tiny bit stuck.. xD

14285313_1792646440951883_1082193685_o.jpg

I got 627g.... However, it says to 3sf... ?!1*

I got 659.88g so, if I'm right, I assume they'd want 660g as the answer. :tongue: If you're right then I think 627g should be the same to 3.s.f.

Spoiler

Original post by karmacrunch
I got 659.88g so, if I'm right, I assume they'd want 660g as the answer. :tongue: If you're right then I think 627g should be the same to 3.s.f.

Spoiler

Oh blimey.. That's a bit different LOL. Asking around, 1 also got 627g. I guess I'll wait and see until we have Chemistry tomorrow :tongue:

Spoiler

Latest