The Student Room Group

What do you need for an A* in maths Edexcel

I'm sure this question gets asked a lot, but I'm getting all different sorts of answers on requirements for an A* grade. I currently have
C1 83 UMS
C2 85 UMS
S1 83 UMS
This year I'm doing C3 C4 (obviously) and M1.

What will I need in these modules to get an A* overall.

Thank you!
Original post by Jamesphillll
I'm sure this question gets asked a lot, but I'm getting all different sorts of answers on requirements for an A* grade. I currently have
C1 83 UMS
C2 85 UMS
S1 83 UMS

Thank you!

You need an average of 90 UMS across C3 and C4, and at least 480 UMS total sum in all modules combined.
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
You need an average of 90 UMS across C3 and C4, and at least 480 UMS total sum in all modules combined.

Thanks for the quick reply :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jamesphillll
C1 83 UMS
C2 85 UMS
S1 83 UMS

Thank you!

Just to clarify, this means you need:

C3 and C4: 180+/200.

And assuming you get exactly 180, that means you need 49 in your M1 and you'll scrape the A*.
Original post by Zacken
Just to clarify, this means you need:

C3 and C4: 180+/200.

And assuming you get exactly 180, that means you need 49 in your M1 and you'll scrape the A*.

Hey I'm doing aqa and I thought this was the way to get an A* but my teacher said they've changed it to 540 ums. I'm kinda confused ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Hey I'm doing aqa and I thought this was the way to get an A* but my teacher said they've changed it to 540 ums. I'm kinda confused ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's 480 UMS.
Original post by Zacken
No, it's 480 UMS.

Thanks I wonder where he got it from that it changed ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 480 total ums for every old specification uk A level in every subject from every examiner.
CIE A levels have different rules and new specification A levels won't have ums but will have unique grade boundaries set for each exam series. Maybe he's confused with one of those.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
It's 480 total ums for every old specification uk A level in every subject from every examiner.
CIE A levels have different rules and new specification A levels won't have ums but will have unique grade boundaries set for each exam series. Maybe he's confused with one of those.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK thanks I just want to be clear and see if I can get one

Quick Reply

Latest