The Student Room Group

Only friends from Uni dropping out- depresses me

My only friends from uni will not be here for 2nd year, scared its going to be a lonely year for me since i'll be commuting this year rather than living on campus. They got me through 1st year of uni whilst i tackled problems settling in to university. :'( :'(
Original post by moeeahmed
My only friends from uni will not be here for 2nd year, scared its going to be a lonely year for me since i'll be commuting this year rather than living on campus. They got me through 1st year of uni whilst i tackled problems settling in to university. :'( :'(

Hello :smile:,

I'm sorry to hear that your friends won't be continuing onto the second year of course - that's a real shame but I promise you, you can still do this without them.

From my (nearly) three years at university, I can tell you that friendship groups change and shift throughout the years as you talk to different people, work with different people and learn about different people so you friendship group may have changed anyone but this is a chance for you to talk to some other people on your course and make some new friends.

Try not to focus on the negative, attempt to look at the silver lining.

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:,

I'm sorry to hear that your friends won't be continuing onto the second year of course - that's a real shame but I promise you, you can still do this without them.

From my (nearly) three years at university, I can tell you that friendship groups change and shift throughout the years as you talk to different people, work with different people and learn about different people so you friendship group may have changed anyone but this is a chance for you to talk to some other people on your course and make some new friends.

Try not to focus on the negative, attempt to look at the silver lining.

Best of luck :smile:

Thanks, i haven't spoke to many people on my course, not the type of people i'm usually accustomed too which is why im worried
Original post by moeeahmed
Thanks, i haven't spoke to many people on my course, not the type of people i'm usually accustomed too which is why im worried

This is your opportunity to talk to these people. Push your comfort zone boundaries a little and just make a little effort with other people on your course. If you are willing to make the effort, you will be fine, honestly. :smile:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
This is your opportunity to talk to these people. Push your comfort zone boundaries a little and just make a little effort with other people on your course. If you are willing to make the effort, you will be fine, honestly. :smile:

You're right, i need to get out this negative mindset
Reply 5
I suppose you could see this as an opportunity for self-improvement: you can use this as a chance to make new friends and get to know new people, especially through things like joining new societies which means you might even be able to discover things about yourself in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending