The Student Room Group

Why Clinton is the Lesser of Two Evils

[video="youtube;Az1JyDJ_iKU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU[/video]

Harris is a leading figure of New Atheism and has continually criticised Islam for over a decade, yet, of all people, he is strongly anti-Trump, despite even Clinton's abysmally passive position on Islamism. Note, he is far from pro-Clinton, but supports her due to how low Trump sets the bar. My only disagreement with him is a) that Trump was actually mocking the disabled reporter and b) that Clinton's email scandal was just naivety on her part. However, I think his position on these two points have changed somewhat since this podcast.

Cliffs:

Spoiler

Some say it is like choosing between the shiniest of two turds.
Reply 2
If Trump is so un-knowledgeable how did he predict Osama Bin Laden would do a terrorist attack, the U.S. would invade Afghanistan, was against the Iraq War saying it would mess up the Middle East, against Libya intervention and all that ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
What you have to remember with Trump is that for every word he speaks, you ought to add several handfuls of salt.

Original post by Crijjkal
If Trump is so un-knowledgeable how did he predict Osama Bin Laden would do a terrorist attack

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/trumps-bin-laden-prediction/

was against the Iraq War saying it would mess up the Middle East

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/donald-trump-and-the-iraq-war/

against Libya intervention and all that ?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/07/hillary-clinton/clinton-says-trump-supported-intervention-libya/

You'll notice that whenever Trump opines on a political issue, his analysis is as basic and uninformed as a layman shouting at the news on TV; it's a knee-jerk reaction, a gut-instinct. He contradicts himself constantly and most of his views u-turn over a period of time (as have many of Clinton's, e.g. abortion).

Now I agree it was commendable that despite the culture of regressive lefts and Islam apologists, Trump showed early support for predictions that Islamic terrorism would be a considerable problem - and that's his greatest strength, his un-PC attitude; but that's also all he has to offer. Like his opinion on the Iraq War, it does not seem motivated by a genuine desire to solve the global issue or to understand it in terms of the theological and religio-political context, but rather to banish it all from the US and keep his business empire and his idea of America isolated. He has no sensible solutions because he has no real understanding of the situation. A President's role isn't simply to read news headlines and guess one side or another and then claim you're a genius; it's to offer sensible, plausible solutions with a comprehensive, globally-conscious analysis of the matter - which building walls, banning people and mass deportation are not.
Let's not forget that building a wall (which makes 0 economic sense) won't entirely stop illegal immigration, pave a way for alternative routes and only makes people feel safer.

That last bit is key. Trump plays with emotions, but really its Clinton who presents facts in her arguments.
Let's not forgot Hilary was a lawyer for a 40 year old friend in the 70's/80's for someone accused of raping a 12 year old girl and then getting him off by saying the girl had fantasy's of older men, then later admitting she was wrong, WHO THE **** IS A LAWYER FOR SOMEONE ACCUSED OF RAPING A KID. The women, has since spoke out about it, go on google if you wish.
Trump, has never done anything like that to my knowledge, yeah he's a rich ****, but at least he's not craving/dependent upon millionaires donations, whilst encouraging the poor to donate because it's in their interest....
Original post by macromicro
[video="youtube;Az1JyDJ_iKU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU[/video]

Harris is a leading figure of New Atheism and has continually criticised Islam for over a decade, yet, of all people, he is strongly anti-Trump, despite even Clinton's abysmally passive position on Islamism. Note, he is far from pro-Clinton, but supports her due to how low Trump sets the bar. My only disagreement with him is a) that Trump was actually mocking the disabled reporter and b) that Clinton's email scandal was just naivety on her part. However, I think his position on these two points have changed somewhat since this podcast.

Cliffs:

Spoiler

I think there is some truth to this, but I really am not fully convinced that Hillary isn't a psychopathic and extraordinarily hateful person, perhaps even more so than Trump. There have been various reports of her going into huge rages at people for relatively small things. Then there's all the duplicitousness of her deleting thousands of emails, and her trading arms to the KSA so they can bomb Yemen, and the stories of her receiving huge handouts from Saudi princes. I dunno, I don't have some kind of crystal ball, but I can't be sure that a world with Hillary as president is better or worse than with Trump as president. Hillary feels like the safer bet, sure, but she's may be very nefarious.
Reply 7
Original post by IronicalMan
WHO THE **** IS A LAWYER FOR SOMEONE ACCUSED OF RAPING A KID.

It's up to the court to determine where justice lies - criminal defence lawyers work within the confines of the law and do the best they can for their client. It's an insult to the justice system to call a lawyer immoral for upholding the very right we praise highly in civilised society: the right to fair trial.

What did Atticus say, "The one place a man ought to get a square deal is in the courtroom"

Trump, has never done anything like that to my knowledge, yeah he's a rich ****, but at least he's not craving/dependent upon millionaires donations, whilst encouraging the poor to donate because it's in their interest....

Net worth means nothing when you are President, and any candidate who says in a speech "I am so rich" should be treated with scepticism.
It's up to the court to determine where justice lies - criminal defence lawyers work within the confines of the law and do the best they can for their client. It's an insult to the justice system to call a lawyer immoral for upholding the very right we praise highly in civilised society: the right to fair trial.

What did Atticus say, "The one place a man ought to get a square deal is in the courtroom"

Net worth means nothing when you are President, and any candidate who says in a speech "I am so rich" should be treated with scepticism.

The girl, now Women has spoke out ffs, you're sick.
Reply 9
Let's not forgot Hilary was a lawyer for a 40 year old friend in the 70's/80's for someone accused of raping a 12 year old girl and then getting him off by saying the girl had fantasy's of older men, then later admitting she was wrong, WHO THE **** IS A LAWYER FOR SOMEONE ACCUSED OF RAPING A KID. The women, has since spoke out about it, go on google if you wish.

Let's link the tape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2f13f2awK4

I just watched it and I feel sick, typical left wing liberal ***** would defend this.
I just watched it and I feel sick, typical left wing liberal ***** would defend this.

Don't blame the liberals m8, they are just misinformed
The girl, now Women has spoke out ffs, you're sick.

Stop being emotional and think objectively for a moment.

If you were wrongly accused of rape and no-one would represent you for a fair trial because, in your own eloquent words, "WHO THE **** IS A LAWYER FOR SOMEONE ACCUSED OF RAPING A KID?", and you were not acquitted, how would you feel while you were in prison on a life sentence as an innocent man?

Until science has advanced to the point that criminal cases are merely scientific investigations with objective, clinical answers, this is the best system we can hope for. If you think it's better that defendants of particularly atrocious crimes deserve no representation then you have zero understanding of what justice means.
Reply 13

If you were wrongly accused of rape and no-one would represent you for a fair trial because, in your own eloquent words, "WHO THE **** IS A LAWYER FOR SOMEONE ACCUSED OF RAPING A KID?", and you were not acquitted, how would you feel while you were in prison on a life sentence as an innocent man?

Until science has advanced to the point that criminal cases are merely scientific investigations with objective, clinical answers, this is the best system we can hope for. If you think it's better that defendants of particularly atrocious crimes deserve no representation then you have zero understanding of what justice means.

would love to rep all your posts in this thread:h:

One day, a great realization may occur where one of your female relatives is raped to ****, but under the great justice system the rapist gets let off. GO **** yourself you cnut
Watch the ****ing interview with the ***** u C NUT

WHO THE **** IS A LAWYER FOR SOMEONE ACCUSED OF RAPING A KID

Thank you for illustrating the average Trump supporter's ability in debate.
Thank you for illustrating the average Trump supporter's ability in debate.

Someone who's sole interest is money, never said I was a trump supporter you ignorant bigot.
Clinton is as transparent as a brick wall.
Original post by KingBradly
I think there is some truth to this, but I really am not fully convinced that Hillary isn't a psychopathic and extraordinarily hateful person, perhaps even more so than Trump. There have been various reports of her going into huge rages at people for relatively small things. Then there's all the duplicitousness of her deleting thousands of emails, and her trading arms to the KSA so they can bomb Yemen, and the stories of her receiving huge handouts from Saudi princes. I dunno, I don't have some kind of crystal ball, but I can't be sure that a world with Hillary as president is better or worse than with Trump as president. Hillary feels like the safer bet, sure, but she's may be very nefarious.

She's no princess, I agree. There are very few potential candidates I can think of who would force me to support Clinton by virtue of their own inadequacies, but Trump is top of the list. It's almost relieving not to be a US citizen so I don't have to vote Clinton (and in anyway give her husband any satisfaction).

However, there's one thing we can say with some confidence: the chances of Trump worsening the east-west divide, intensifying Islamism, behaving undiplomatically and without tact in foreign relations, ruining the taxation system and potentially the economy, and causing a witch hunt hysteria of illegal immigrants, will be considerably higher than Hillary. I also think Hillary will be more pliable, whereas Trump is as stubborn as he is ignorant which is a particularly dangerous and self-perpetuating combination
I actually want Trump to win so people can see the consequences of mindlessly jumping aboard the demagogue train.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending