The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexjones1994
Do you reckon Mitchell Goldman would pass the Barclays insight tests? Is that the kind of fit they are looking for?

I wonder if Jes Staley was interviewed with all his CV and prior experience blinded and whether he also had to sit a series of insight tests to judge his fit for the role...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaFrenchy
i) Yes
ii) It took 3 days for me
iii) 5 days

If I am applying for the same role but st multiple levels (full-time, off-cycle and summer), will I have to sit the same test three times or will they just send me one test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eloo
Ohohoh, what a bright remark - this has made me give up the discussion!

If u don't have access to a computer how are u writing all this?
Any tips for Barclays video interview?
Original post by Commercial Paper
If I am applying for the same role but st multiple levels (full-time, off-cycle and summer), will I have to sit the same test three times or will they just send me one test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is sth I am wondering as well, I applied for the same role at 2 levels, but so far got numerical test for only one. Btw, how you updated your cover letter for 2nd/3rd applications?
Original post by torres657
That is sth I am wondering as well, I applied for the same role at 2 levels, but so far got numerical test for only one. Btw, how you updated your cover letter for 2nd/3rd applications?

Literally just changing the role title on my covering letter and anything on it that was role-specific (about when I am available to start for off-cycle etc.)

I don't see a reason to change the firm-specific or me-specific part of it so it looks extremely similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Literally just changing the role title on my covering letter and anything on it that was role-specific (about when I am available to start for off-cycle etc.)

I don't see a reason to change the firm-specific or me-specific part of it so it looks extremely similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

then hope that those HR girls don't consider it typo, haha
Original post by torres657
then hope that those HR girls don't consider it typo, haha

Oh wow, so you cannot change the covering letter for different applications on their system? For **** sake...

What did you do about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1988
If u don't have access to a computer how are u writing all this?

Smartphone - got you! And to answer the next question - no, I don't feel it's too convenient to do a potential video interview using a phone!
Reply 1989
For those of you going for IB, how much did you know about valuation/modelling before you started applying?
how hard is citi's numerical compared to standard shl ones?
anyone with insights on the Barclays video interview? :smile:

Would appreciate it a lot.
Original post by juventus100
how hard is citi's numerical compared to standard shl ones?

Extremely hard. Not the questions but the time limit and the million potential options it gives you. They use TalentQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we expected to upload a covering letter for HSBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long do you normally get per question in the SHL verbal tests? I've noticed that Assessment Day give you way too much time to answer the questions than usual.
Original post by zzFishstick
How long do you normally get per question in the SHL verbal tests? I've noticed that Assessment Day give you way too much time to answer the questions than usual.

Yeah they do give you extra. Its normally 25 questions, 18 minutes.
Yeah they do give you extra. Its normally 25 questions, 18 minutes.

Oh right, yeah that makes more sense.
Wtf is the M&G test....?!?!?!?! Why won't it end!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Wtf is the M&G test....?!?!?!?! Why won't it end!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

M&G are wastemen. Those nob jockeys put me in a place for a 'back-up' assessment centre incase they didn't get the applicants by March of all times. Bastards.
M&G are wastemen. Those nob jockeys put me in a place for a 'back-up' assessment centre incase they didn't get the applicants by March of all times. Bastards.

Oh wow how quick did they get back to you? I just finished my test, took me agess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest