The Student Room Group

Do you wish people at school could see you now?

While I think it would be mega awkward I kind of wish people at shcool could see me now. I was always very shy with no self esteem. I was never bullied but I did get teased and people could be mean. I didn't have many friends, I was seen as a bit of a weird loser. Now I managed to turn that around and although I still can be v. insecure about my looks and never feeling good enough I'm very sociable and have a great social life and a lot more confidence. I am now seen as "attractive" (though I do still need to work on my insecurities) and I am doing a good degree at a good uni. Most importantly I'm very happy. I know it's not nice to be smug but I kind of want to show them what they said and thought about me was wrong.

Realistically they probs wouldn't even remember me but yaknow... whatever

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tbh yes cuz there was a rumour all throughout high school that i was gay (was not) and now im actually bi so i can turn around and prove them all wrong on a technicality ;]
No cause I'm still a failure.
I had a moment like this.
I was bullied throughout school, called a boffin and frigid, and made to feel awful about myself.
I saw a group of these guys on a night out, and half of them tried to hit on me- claiming that now I'm 'hot'. They also boasted about their careers, and I was like 'yeah, I'm at medical school'.
**** no. :lol:
Yes. And they do. Especially when I had FB they would see I'm at 19, 20 yr old and they have like 2 kids and I still don't lol When everyone kept begging me to knock some girl up and be a complete statistic like them nah. :cool: And I'm in my lst yr at Uni and sure I'm fighting through but people actually were shocked some relieved to see me coming off campus or seeing me in the tubes like "what's been going on?" And I'm like "Uni ini." lol
Original post by Anonymous
I was bullied throughout school, called a boffin and frigid, and made to feel awful about myself.
I saw a group of these guys on a night out, and half of them tried to hit on me- claiming that now I'm 'hot'. They also boasted about their careers, and I was like 'yeah, I'm at medical school'.

Nice one.
Same story as me. When I run into old friends from school their reactions are hilarious
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by 0to100
Yes. And they do. Especially when I had FB they would see I'm at 19, 20 yr old and they have like 2 kids and I still don't lol When everyone kept begging me to knock some girl up and be a complete statistic like them nah. :cool: And I'm in my lst yr at Uni and sure I'm fighting through but people actually were shocked some relieved to see me coming off campus or seeing me in the tubes like "what's been going on?" And I'm like "Uni ini." lol

Original post by Angry Bird
Same story as me. When I run into old friends from school their reactions are hilarious

nice!
Reply 9
I wish my law teacher could, she was horrible to me lmao and told me in not so many words that I didn't have any potential

I'd see my English teacher so I could say we r allowed to have sex now

And I'd see a few of my friends, particularly those who were there during the horrible, early times of my mental illness. They'd be proud. Also those who let me copy their homework
Original post by Inexorably
tbh yes cuz there was a rumour all throughout high school that i was gay (was not) and now im actually bi so i can turn around and prove them all wrong on a technicality ;]

:erm:
Original post by Angry Bird

Why, curly fry?
Original post by 0to100
:erm:

wots the worried face for

i wont hit on u i promise
Original post by Inexorably
wots the worried face for

i wont hit on u i promise

I'm...a bit shocked bcos you never mentioned it before.
😂😂😂😂

This will sound harsh but I don't care. I'm 21 (female).

Quite a few people are pregnant or already have children. They live of benefits. It's really funny to see how there life turned out to be, compared to how they acted in secondary school! Some people are engaged, one girl who was year below me is engaged. Marriage next year summer time.

Another thing I've noticed quite a few people 1-2 year older than me have recently got married. One girl got married at 18 and another 22.

You may ask, how I know this? FACEBOOK.

I'm getting quite scared to log onto Facebook now.. Seeing how many people are getting pregnant, engaged, married or are mothers already. I'm only 21, I don't plan on getting married until I'm like 27-28. Children in my 30's.
I'm currently naked so I'd rather my Secondary School friends not see me right now.
Original post by JoshDawg
I'm currently naked so I'd rather my Secondary School friends not see me right now.

dead banter
The key to this thread is to ignore other people's perception of you and focus on fulfilling your own potential.

Don't associate with deadweight from school just because you want to flaunt your success.

They will be living in the same town doing the same job going out at the same places 30 years later.
We all do it to some extent, especially if we've changed drastically. But what point is the change if we're still feeding ego and years old insecurities by being like 'look, see, I'm cool now, I'm different than what you said'. That's not progressing at all, progression is looking back and saying 'that time really didn't matter at all. Me then and me now aren't the same person' and just continuing to do whatever the **** you want.
Original post by 0to100
I'm...a bit shocked bcos you never mentioned it before.

hahah is it important man? i dont really act camp or stuff

i mean i get it if ur a bit weirded by it but ye it aint a big part of my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending