The Student Room Group

New school uniform

Hi I'm so happy. I'm on the school council in my school and last June we had a meeting with our head teacher about getting a more practical uniform. The uniform at the minute is horrible I hate having to wear blazers and a tie. Our headteacher reviled to us today that he and all the other teachers and the govoners thought it was a good idea to bring in a new practical uniform and we're getting the new uniform :-)
Current / old uniform
School blazer
School tie
White shirt
School trousers
School shoes no trainers pumps boots or heels
New uniform
School jumper
School polo shirt
School trousers
School shoes or plain black lace up pumps or plain black trainers as alternative no boots heels or non black trainers
Reply 1
We would also be able to buy a school hoodie but that's optonial
Reply 2
And we keep the same pe kit
Reply 3
...and you've already told us this.

_____
I like the shirt/blazer uniforms :yep:
Reply 4
Original post by Davalla
...and you've already told us this.

_____
I like the shirt/blazer uniforms :yep:

I hate wearing a blazer and tie
That's...nice.

Why are you telling strangers on the internet about it?
Reply 6
Original post by BasicMistake
That's...nice.

Why are you telling strangers on the internet about it?

I was asking people's opinion
Original post by Metj700
I was asking people's opinion

You've posted this several times before under different names.
Reply 8
Oh, school uniform. I left school 5 years ago and I keep seeing threads about school uniform.

Get over it, it'll be over soon.
Reply 9
Original post by milliemogs
You've posted this several times before under different names.

If I could rep you, I would.
Reply 10
Original post by Ishax
If I could rep you, I would.

What ?
My school uniform was polo shirts and sweatshirts. Looked scruffy, haphazard and cheap, made the school look very poor (it was, but made it look moreso). You and your school have made a mistake.
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski
My school uniform was polo shirts and sweatshirts. Looked scruffy, haphazard and cheap, made the school look very poor (it was, but made it look moreso). You and your school have made a mistake.

I think it will be much better than the horrible ties and Blazers we have to wear at the minute
It's so so hard wearing blazer and tie - guess what, there's a reason a lot of schools have that uniform, because it's smart... I also feel wearing a school polo shirt and jumper can look quite childish, so depending on what age you are, even bigger mistake imo.
I like Polo Shirts but like Shirts too - but Polos have more benefits as you can wear Football Shirts that have Collars instead of your Polos!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending