The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
I doubt you would use either of them to battle so probably doesn't matter. I tend to evolve the higher CP just to try and get as many over CP 1000 as possible :colondollar:

I've calculated that the CP of the Weepenbell if I chose to evolve them will be around 1,000 (higher one guaranteed over 1k) and when I evolve it into Victreebell, will be around 1500.
So, not bad but could be better.
Original post by Scienceisgood
I've calculated that the CP of the Weepenbell if I chose to evolve them will be around 1,000 (higher one guaranteed over 1k) and when I evolve it into Victreebell, will be around 1500.

As Zerforax said, would you ever use it? I suppose it's useful to have a lot of over 1k for gym clearing but there's probably better pokemon out there for that.
Guys, have caught a 656CP Bellsprout which has an IV of 71, also have a 607CP one which has an IV of 80.

Haven't decided to evolve yet because I only have 56 candy but, assuming I don't get a stronger one, which to evolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The one with 80% IVs.

You can probably get that 50cp with 2/3 power ups, but you'll never be able to get that 9% IV back.

It also depends on the IV set up, if the 80% has 15/15/6 whereas the 71 has 10/10/12 then the 71% IV Pokemon has more all rounded stats. It's important to look at the IVs themselves as well as the overall %.

Are you getting another 100 Bellsprout candies any time soon?
Are you getting another 100 Bellsprout candies any time soon?

Yes and no.
As in I think I could get them within a couple of weeks going by the rate I'm finding them but my course starts again soon so, that will eat up a portion of my time too.
That and it's been raining all day in Bristol too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buddy system update finally released!

Hatched a 10km egg and got a Snorlax :biggrin: CP1805 before powering up. It's got zen headbutt and hyper beam which I think are the best moves.

Unfortunately its IVs are amazing (but decent). Seems to be 69-76%. I'll still power it up since any Snorlax is better than no Snorlax and the chances of hatching another one with same moves + better IVs is low..

Seems to be either 9/12/13 or 10/10/13 or 11/8/13 in terms of IVs.

Powered it up to CP 2089 so it's now actually my highest CP pokemon :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yay! I'm happy about the update.

It's cute seeing the models beside the trainer. My Haunter was floating behind me so scarily! But I'm going to buddy with my 420BlazeIt Charmander. He has really good stats, and I want Charizard!
Which pokemon has everyone chosen guys?

I've chosen dratini. Only ever caught 2 (with the highest being a pitiful 197CP...), unfortunately is a 5k walk for 1 candy..
Am very tempted to use my Magikarp as my buddy instead, need that Gyarados...
I've gone pikachu at the moment as I'm struggling for candies to evolve it. That's probably what I'll use the system for is finding pokemon who I've not seen many of just to complete the pokedex. Once I've finished the pokedex, then I'll worry about powering stuff up (as I seem to have an abundance of those pokemon [dratini, magikarp, etc.]
Which pokemon has everyone chosen guys?

I've chosen dratini. Only ever caught 2 (with the highest being a pitiful 197CP...), unfortunately is a 5k walk for 1 candy..
Am very tempted to use my Magikarp as my buddy instead, need that Gyarados...

I've started with my Lapras as I need 2 more candies to power it up. Yea 5km is a killer.. previously people thought it was going to be 1/2/3km but 1/3/5km is a big increase..

Original post by Donkey******
I've gone pikachu at the moment as I'm struggling for candies to evolve it. That's probably what I'll use the system for is finding pokemon who I've not seen many of just to complete the pokedex. Once I've finished the pokedex, then I'll worry about powering stuff up (as I seem to have an abundance of those pokemon [dratini, magikarp, etc.]

Hmm I think I'm going for the opposite approach and will look to assemble a strong team so will either focus on my current 2k Lapras and Snorlax or I'll start thinking about getting a Vaporeon/Gyarados/Exeggutor/Arcanine/Machamp?
Hmm I think I'm going for the opposite approach and will look to assemble a strong team so will either focus on my current 2k Lapras and Snorlax or I'll start thinking about getting a Vaporeon/Gyarados/Exeggutor/Arcanine/Machamp?

I seem to have a good amount of all those (have 3 2k+ gyarados already, one apparently has 100IV, and one 98 according to calculators, don't know if I trust those) so it's more a case of what else do I need, have pretty useful eeveelutions for gym clearing as well, so not sure how to use it most effectively.
I seem to have a good amount of all those (have 3 2k+ gyarados already, one apparently has 100IV, and one 98 according to calculators, don't know if I trust those) so it's more a case of what else do I need, have pretty useful eeveelutions for gym clearing as well, so not sure how to use it most effectively.

Damn you lucky sod.. I'm still struggling at 276 magikarp candies! Not even evolved one yet.

If you are sorted for gyms then filling pokedex is probably the way to go? I might put a poliwag on since pretty close to evolving to a Poliwrath.

So I've hatched an Eevee with 15/14/15 IV stats :biggrin:
I think I'll evolve this into a Vaporeon and hope that I get the right moves - perfect would be Hydropump but I don't think Aquatail would be the end of the world. Will power this up when I get more Eevee candy too..
(edited 7 years ago)
Damn you lucky sod.. I'm still struggling at 276 magikarp candies! Not even evolved one yet.

If you are sorted for gyms then filling pokedex is probably the way to go? I might put a poliwag on since pretty close to evolving to a Poliwrath.

So I've hatched an Eevee with 15/14/15 IV stats :biggrin:
I think I'll evolve this into a Vaporeon and hope that I get the right moves - perfect would be Hydropump but I don't think Aquatail would be the end of the world. Will power this up when I get more Eevee candy too..

I caught a 1600 CP vaporeon, so my other two eevees have gone for sparky and pyro, but none are particularly great :/

Need to find a reliable eevee source.
I caught a 1600 CP vaporeon, so my other two eevees have gone for sparky and pyro, but none are particularly great :/

Need to find a reliable eevee source.

I've got a Vaporeon which is around CP 900. Saw a wild one a week ago but it error'ed before I could try to catch.

Yea I'm hoping that if this Eevee evolves into a Vaporeon with hydropump.. if that is the case then I'll power up but like you I don't know where I'm going to find the 30-40 Eevee candy I would need to power up?

I guess I've either got to hatch another eevee for the candy or find a nest.. I think Hyde Park is a nest and a friend mentioned he sees plenty in Leeds..
I've got a Vaporeon which is around CP 900. Saw a wild one a week ago but it error'ed before I could try to catch.

Yea I'm hoping that if this Eevee evolves into a Vaporeon with hydropump.. if that is the case then I'll power up but like you I don't know where I'm going to find the 30-40 Eevee candy I would need to power up?

I guess I've either got to hatch another eevee for the candy or find a nest.. I think Hyde Park is a nest and a friend mentioned he sees plenty in Leeds..

If it makes you feel any better, I've never once had a vaporeon with Hydro Pump, only Aqua Tail...
Although, did hatch an Eevee the other day and evolved it into my new highest CP Pokemon (1677CP Vaporeon). =D

Although, I have found an Eevee nest near my uni, the housing estate whenever I go through it to get my uni daily, I always seem to happen upon 2-3 a day. Strongest one today was 588CP. Not particularly strong but could be a lot worse...
(edited 7 years ago)

Need to find some decent spots in London for when I head down there. It's pretty limited by me for spots, but the spots we do have are pretty well constantly lured.
If it makes you feel any better, I've never once had a vaporeon with Hydro Pump, only Aqua Tail...
Although, did hatch an Eevee the other day and evolved it into my new highest CP Pokemon (1677CP Vaporeon). =D

Although, I have found an Eevee nest near my uni, the housing estate whenever I go through it to get my uni daily, I always seem to happen upon 2-3 a day. Strongest one today was 588CP. Not particularly strong but could be a lot worse...

Aqua tail wouldn't be the end of the world but I'm not sure if I would make such an effort to power it up?

Need to find some decent spots in London for when I head down there. It's pretty limited by me for spots, but the spots we do have are pretty well constantly lured.

The big parks are the obvious places but there are tons of pokestops everywhere.

The big parks are the obvious places but there are tons of pokestops everywhere.

Yeah I've seen maps of london with the pokestops highlighted, more thinking where do you get a lot of people playing, and nests.
Found a good CP Hypno today (1287), highest CP Pokemon found and 3rd highest I have now.
Don't know IVs but appraisal says decent. So not too bad. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found a good CP Hypno today (1287), highest CP Pokemon found and 3rd highest I have now.
Don't know IVs but appraisal says decent. So not too bad. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to be hatching those 10km eggs and powering stuff up! Have you powered anything yet? Seems like you can add like 200-400 CP from just that alone which is huge.

What did you decide on your bellsprout in the end?

I've been hatching eggs left/right/centre and picked up loads of candy for some pokemon from that.

Now I basically have the 100 candies I need to evolve into a Poliwrath and a Victrebell.

I could either evolve my current Weepinbell which has IV stats at 40% and is CP612 or I could try to save another 25 candies to evolve a Bellsprout (I have 3 which have stats which are around 90%)?

Victrebell would be either CP920 if I evolve Weepinbell but if I hold out then for Bellsprout then it would be CP1420.

I have a bizarre Poliwhirl which has IV stats of 4/15/15 - would make a 1500 Poliwrath or I have a more rounded Poliwag with 13/13/12 but would be a 1400 Poliwrath (+ looking for an extra 25 candies).

Do I care about strong-ish pokemon or just filling as much of pokedex before I lose interest? I'd probably rarely battle with them (since have Snorlax/Lapras) and the moveset they pick up would be way more important..

Annoyingly I'm now on 42 candies for Growlith (having hatched my 3rd one) so would only need to find 2 more in the wild to evolve (but I don't think I've seen any wild ones?). Will be really annoyed if I finally get there and it has Bulldoze as the move..

Just picked up 6 2km eggs which is annoying but I did hatch my first Charmander! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest