The Student Room Group

Criticism of Islam is not a hate crime, nor racist, nor enophobic

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
In my view, conservatives and UKIP supporters hold 'capricious and hateful beliefs on many social issues'.

But should we ignore that because they're not foreign?

Such as? Please show me some examples instead of typing empty one-line statements.
Original post by WBZ144
Trump supporters are probably a better example. They don't like to be generalised but love generalising others.

"They don't like to be generalised but love generalising others."

Have you got any evidence of this, or are you generalising?
Original post by jake4198
Such as? Please show me some examples instead of typing empty one-line statements.

such as the mass deportation of foreigners, which some UKIP supporters believe in

It's pretty obvious that this can be verified by last week's events.
They love Donald Trump speaking his mind about anyone they hate.

But when Hillary speaks her mind about Trump supporters, the pro-Trump anti-PC crowd goes ape.
such as the mass deportation of foreigners, which some UKIP supporters believe in

Mass deportation of foreigners or illegal immigrants?

It is not hateful to believe people in this country should be here legally.
It's pretty obvious that this can be verified by last week's events.
They love Donald Trump speaking his mind about anyone they hate.

But when Hillary speaks her mind about Trump supporters, the pro-Trump anti-PC crowd goes ape.

"It is pretty obvious" - so no, you don't have any evidence.

At least show me some examples of Trump speaking his mind?

Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump supporters "belong in a basket of deplorables". It's a gross generalisation and an assumption which she cannot support. Donald Trump says "some" Muslims are terrorists, and that "some" Mexicans are criminals - both of which are true.
"It is pretty obvious" - so no, you don't have any evidence.

At least show me some examples of Trump speaking his mind?

Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump supporters "belong in a basket of deplorables". It's a gross generalisation and an assumption which she cannot support. Donald Trump says "some" Muslims are terrorists, and that "some" Mexicans are criminals - both of which are true.

The statement was "They don't like to be generalised but love generalising others."

They love generalising people. One specific example is when they loved Trump's statement generalising every single Mexican illegal immigrant - "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists".

They get all upset when they are generalised. One specific example of this is when they threw a hissy fit last week when Clinton called 50% of them deplorables and Islamophobes / racists.

If you're going to cry about me having 'no evidence', don't reply at all please. I want to know if I'm wasting my time before I take this too seriously.
Mass deportation of foreigners or illegal immigrants?

It is not hateful to believe people in this country should be here legally.

no, mass deportation of foreigners, not specifically illegal ones.
Reply 128
Original post by The_JoKeR
bigot, racist, xenophobic, islamophobic
Ayyy Lmao

That is me.:colone:
What seems to be the problem?
The statement was "They don't like to be generalised but love generalising others."

They love generalising people. One specific example is when they loved Trump's statement generalising every single Mexican illegal immigrant - "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists".

They get all upset when they are generalised. One specific example of this is when they threw a hissy fit last week when Clinton called 50% of them deplorables and Islamophobes / racists.

If you're going to cry about me having 'no evidence', don't reply at all please. I want to know if I'm wasting my time before I take this too seriously.

"Evidence" - it's such an inconvenience isn't it? Especially for "progressives". I keep forgetting we live in a post-truth era.

Donald Trump did not say "every single Mexican illegal immigrant" is a criminal, a druglord or a rapist. Again, I'm sorry, but show me where he said "every single Mexican" - because he didn't.

Hillary Clinton did say that "50% of all Trump supports belong in a basket of deplorables", not "some", she said "50%". Donald Trump has not made a generalisation which isn't unverifiable; and he especially hasn't put a figure on his statements when he has no evidence to prove it.
no, mass deportation of foreigners, not specifically illegal ones.

Well, you're wrong.

Show me where UKIP or the Conservatives support mass deportation of foreigners?
Original post by Jazzy Foot
I agree it's just whenever we criticise Catholicism or Judaism etc we never get threatened with jihad or have some crazy bearded goon shouting God is Great and wanting to behead us like a savage.

Muslims think they are above criticism that they are perfect etc if anyone even flinches, we get killed. Barbarians.

My my, you guys don't even know how much Christians get mad when they criticize Jesus or God. I can assure you they get raged, and they're ready to beat up those who say anything against the God. You just don't live in the countries where these kind of Christians live. Well, I do, and I can say it is a little dangerous here to go against the God if you don't know the proper audience. Same is for you and Islam, find proper audience and speak there, otherwise you will get beaten up by ignorant people. That's it.
"Evidence" - it's such an inconvenience isn't it? Especially for "progressives". I keep forgetting we live in a post-truth era.

Donald Trump did not say "every single Mexican illegal immigrant" is a criminal, a druglord or a rapist. Again, I'm sorry, but show me where he said "every single Mexican" - because he didn't.

Hillary Clinton did say that "50% of all Trump supports belong in a basket of deplorables", not "some", she said "50%". Donald Trump has not made a generalisation which isn't unverifiable; and he especially hasn't put a figure on his statements when he has no evidence to prove it.

I see I foresaw the outcome of this discussion, you will keep on twisting words, changing the subject and proposing hypothetical whataboutery regardless of what I say. Its dumb to say that Trump supporters don't like being generalised and never generalise themselves when their leader generalises Mexican illegal immigrants and Muslims.
Anti-Muslim bigotry is known as Islamophobia, but being opposed to Islam does not make you a bigot. I don't like Islam, but that doesn't I don't tolerate it and nor does it mean that I have negative prejudicial views of Muslims as a collective people. As a group, more than half of Muslims in this country believe homosexuality should be illegal and almost 40% believe a woman should always obey their husband. This is unacceptable - and this is what is meant by being tougher on Islam, especially in terms of social cohesion and assimilation.

You said that being tough on Muslims as a group isn't bigotry because they are hateful. Make up your mind already.
I see I foresaw the outcome of this discussion, you will keep on twisting words, changing the subject and proposing hypothetical whataboutery regardless of what I say. Its dumb to say that Trump supporters don't like being generalised and never generalise themselves when their leader generalises Mexican illegal immigrants and Muslims.

What did you "foresee"?

Where have I "changed the subject"?

How have I "proposed hypothetical whataboutery"?

I'm simply asking you to provide evidence for the things you write, because unfortunately, 'ALevelStress' is not a credible source and I can't have a cogent and rational conversation about issues which you bring up if you don't provide evidence for me to go off.

You are the one who is making unacceptable accusations and misquoting what has been said by the likes of Donald Trump and UKIP. Yes, Donald Trump did imply that "some" illegal Mexicans who crossed the border were rapists, druglords and criminals. However, he did not imply that "all" illegal Mexicans were. The former is true - and provable. The latter is not true - hence why he didn't say it. There is also no evidence - either from top UKIP officials or in the UKIP manifesto - that UKIP want to mass deport "foreigners".
(edited 7 years ago)

Muslims - a group which still holds capricious and hateful beliefs on many social issues

There's your evidence; your own words.

White supremacist groups have flocked to Trump because they think that he will look out for their interests and an unacceptable number of Trump supporters think that Abraham Lincoln make the wrong decision to free slaves, that the South should have won the civil war and do not disagree that White people are the superior race. Is it time to start being "tough" on them to force them to assimilate?
Original post by WBZ144
You said that being tough on Muslims as a group isn't bigotry because they are hateful. Make up your mind already.

No, I didn't say that Muslims were hateful.

I said that Muslims - as a group - still hold hateful beliefs.

Being tough on Muslims, such as tackling rampant homophobia and improving the rights for women, cannot be misconstrued as Islamophobia. Unfortunately, misogyny and homophobia are still of pertinence in the Islamic community and the aforementioned are unacceptable in an open and tolerant society.

If, however, I used the aforesaid to hold prejudicial views of Muslims as a people - then yes, you could call me an Islamophobe. If, again, I used the aforesaid as a pretext to hate Islam and not tolerate it in my community - then yes, you could call me an Islamophobe.
What did you "foresee"?

Where have I "changed the subject"?

How have I "proposed hypothetical whataboutery"?

I'm simply asking you to provide evidence for the things you write, because unfortunately, 'ALevelStress' is not a credible source and I can't have a cogent and rational conversation about issues which you bring up if you don't provide evidence for me to go off.

You are the one who is making unacceptable accusations and misquoting what has been said by the likes of Donald Trump and UKIP. Yes, Donald Trump did imply that "some" illegal Mexicans who crossed the border were rapists, druglords and criminals. However, he did not imply that "all" illegal Mexicans were. The former is true - and provable. The latter is not true - hence why he didn't say it. There is also no evidence - either from top UKIP officials or in the UKIP manifesto - that UKIP want to mass deport "foreigners".

I provided evidence, and you deny it, even when it is staring you in the face, as I predicted.
I provided evidence, and you deny it, even when it is staring you in the face, as I predicted.

:yawn:
Original post by WBZ144
There's your evidence; your own words.

White supremacist groups have flocked to Trump because they think that he will look out for their interests and an unacceptable number of Trump supporters think that Abraham Lincoln make the wrong decision to free slaves, that the South should have won the civil war and do not disagree that White people are the superior race. Is it time to start being "tough" on them to force them to assimilate?

Muslims do hold capricious and hateful beliefs - and it's proved by research and fact.

In the United Kingdom, over 50% of all Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal, with nearly 40% believing that a woman should always obey their husband and nearly 25% believing the UK should introduce Sharia law as part of its judiciary system.

Research conducted by TruthRevolt shows that an estimated six hundred million Muslims hold views and beliefs which would be considered extreme and radical in the western world, this includes the prosecution of gays and the stoning of women for adultery.

Muslim majority countries - with the exception of a few states in sub-Saharan Africa - are the only countries not to sign up to the UN's nondiscrimination against the LGB+ community, with Albania and Bosnia being the only exceptions.

According to Pew Research, 14% of Nigerians; 11% of Malaysians; and 9% of Pakistanis all say they support Islamic State, with only 28% from Pakistan saying that they have unfavourable views towards them. In the Middle-East, South Asia, South East Asia and Africa - with the exception of Tunisia, Chad, Tanzania and Giunnea Bissau - over 50% of all Muslims in the aforesaid countries believe in the introduction of Sharia Law.

So, unless you have evidence, not gross generalisations and heinous assumptions, stop saying that Trump supporters are white supremacists or that Trump supporters believe "Abraham Lincoln was wrong to free the slaves". An "unacceptable number" you say, well where's your evidence? How do you know it's an unacceptable number when I assume your only research into the matter is a few pathetic comments over a YouTube video.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending