The Student Room Group

Medicine through Clearing 2016

Heya lovelies,

I have heard some things about Medicine through UCAS Clearing in 2016 this year, which I have never thought of in my entire life!!!

I just wanted to hear your stories?

I know St George's has offered through Clearing - I wanted to know what processes you had to go through? I heard on BBC news that Manchester offered Medicine through clearing this year and offers went in under 1 minute!?!?!

Anyway let me know!!! :smile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
As far as I'm aware, Manchester did not offer places for medicine through clearing.

St Georges did advertise in advance that they'd be entering clearing for medicine this time.

Agree - it would be nice to hear some stories of people who managed to secure a place for medicine through clearing or even through calling up medical schools.
Original post by dangerdanger
Heya lovelies,

I have heard some things about Medicine through UCAS Clearing in 2016 this year, which I have never thought of in my entire life!!!

I just wanted to hear your stories?

I know St George's has offered through Clearing - I wanted to know what processes you had to go through? I heard on BBC news that Manchester offered Medicine through clearing this year and offers went in under 1 minute!?!?!

Anyway let me know!!! :smile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey there,

Yup that's right! Medicine clearing is a thing now! One of the students we tutored went through St. George's clearing. After initially receiving 4 rejections, he was invited to interview on the Saturday after A level results on Thursday.

He had an MMI interview, and 40 minutes after it was finished, they offered him a place!

Hope the above gives you a little insight and good luck with your application.

The Medic Portal
Yeah one of my friends got into St George's with AAB after missing AAA for Queen Mary's
Reply 5
Would you still need to apply via UCAS first at start of year 13 to apply through clearing?
Original post by Zain.Y
Would you still need to apply via UCAS first at start of year 13 to apply through clearing?

I fail to see a scenario whereby you'd want to get into medicine through clearing but not through the normal application route?
Original post by Zain.Y

Hey there,

Clearing isn't a guaranteed option. We spoke to St. George's today on the phone and they told us that they can't confirm that they will be offering places on clearing for 2017-entry Medicine.

This is because it totally depends on the quality of applicants, and whether students meet their grades, so the university will only know if they have places available for clearing around A level exam results time.

Therefore, you shouldn't rely on clearing!

The Medic Portal
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hey there,

Yup that's right! Medicine clearing is a thing now! One of the students we tutored went through St. George's clearing. After initially receiving 4 rejections, he was invited to interview on the Saturday after A level results on Thursday.

He had an MMI interview, and 40 minutes after it was finished, they offered him a place!

Hope the above gives you a little insight and good luck with your application.

The Medic Portal

Did he initially apply to that university?
Reply 9
I wanted to know whether you completely have to meet that universities requirements to be accepted through clearing e.g. taking Biology and Chemistry?
Original post by busybee8
I wanted to know whether you completely have to meet that universities requirements to be accepted through clearing e.g. taking Biology and Chemistry?

Yes. And meet their standard offer.

Quick Reply