The Student Room Group

Three syrians arrested in Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
I am talking about an IS, Paris-style attack / bombing on British soil, that hasn't happened yet

Yes, the 7/7 bombings.
Reply 21
I specified Britain, your mistake, not mine
Anyone: Paris is in France.
Alevel: No it isn't
Anyone: Yes it is, look at a map
Alevel: But I was talking about Britain
Everyone: :facepalm2:
please clarify what you were referring to when you said in the second part of your first post on this thread

The hint is the FIRST PART as it is BEFORE the second and they are related

I said EUROPE you the replied with Britain

But again you try and derail a thread with lies and dishonesty because your excuses have all been exposed for what they are.
Original post by QE2
Anyone: Paris is in France.
Alevel: No it isn't
Anyone: Yes it is, look at a map
Alevel: But I was talking about Britain
Everyone: :facepalm2:

It's so sad that he's allowed to derail threads in this way.

Nothing to say about the OP or the issue but rather (given his attempts to hassle me in PM's failed) he troll my replies
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
But there is no political, economic or social alternative to taking in the refugees.
Er, yes there is. Not taking them in.
It wouldn't be the humanitarian approach, but it is simply wrong to say that there is no alternative.

Do you every actually think before you type?
Reply 25
You said "this is Europe's new norm", I was referring to the other part of your reply. I can't believe I'm having to spoon-feed this to you.
There is no mention of Britain in any of the posts before you jumped in with your usual non sequitur.

You were wrong. You assumed that he meant Britain but there was nothing in his posts to support this assumption.

Now, be a big boy, dry your eyes, pull that lip in, and admit that you were wrong. People will think better of you for it.
Reply 26
Original post by BaconandSauce
You are now having to resort to being dishonest to try and prove some point.
Well, that's a first! Didn't see that coming.
I am talking about an IS, Paris-style attack / bombing on British soil, that hasn't happened yet

Hope for the best: all planned attacks will be foiled and lives saved.

but......

Plan for the worst: expect a successful attack whilst making sure everything is in place to limit the damage.

Rather like taking out buildings, contents, accident and personal liability insurances.

Not really difficult to understand is it?
Reply 28
And how do we close our ocean borders?

How do we stop the millions of immigrants, who have no concern for breaking immigration laws, from coming into our country?

Its not practical to shut them out, given that they're practically swimming here across the Med. Deporting them would be equally expensive, impractical and stupid.
So, you are advocating a laissez-faire approach to border control, and do not support the removal of illegally entered economic migrants?
How very courageous!
So you're saying "its only a matter of time before it happens" when its already happened numerous times? :rofl:

please tell the truth

can you not read English

here is my first post that you replied to

'This is Europe's new Norm......
But it's only a matter of time till we drop the ball on this.'
I did not say

"its only a matter of time before it happens"

Now you are simply telling lies
how is any of this relevant? I'd rather you communicate in simple sentences which link to one another instead of hoping I get your vibe
Oh A goading troll. Imagine my surprise.

Sorry to disappoint. If you can't understand my 'vibe' that's your problem not mine chummy.
can you not read English

here is my first post that you replied to

'This is Europe's new Norm......
But it's only a matter of time till we drop the ball on this.'
I did not say

"its only a matter of time before it happens"

Now you are simply telling lies

so who is "we"? is that Europe, because Europe has already dropped the ball many times. I can only assume you mean Britain - and regardless of whether it is Britain or not, please substantiate it with evidence, rather than some hypothetical theorising.
was that done by IS? :facepalm:

We don't know for certain nor does it matter in the slightest whether it's Al-Qaeda or ISIS or any other Islamic terrorist organisation. Not to mention the huge number of thwarted attacks due to our particularly renowned security service.

What precisely is your point?
Reply 33
was that done by IS? :facepalm:
Good point. Only attacks claimed by ISIS kill and maim and foment suspicion and division. The 7/7 attacks had nothing to do with Islamism and violent jihad.
The bombers even left videos where they specifically stated that their actions had nothing to do with Islam or martyrdom, and contained no Islamist imagery or references to Allah and Muhammad.
so who is "we"? is that Europe, because Europe has already dropped the ball many times. I can only assume you mean Britain - and regardless of whether it is Britain or not, please substantiate it with evidence, rather than some hypothetical theorising.

there's and old proverb

'Don't assume as it makes you look like a dishonest ****' (Paraphrasing of course)
there's and old proverb

'Don't assume as it makes you look like a dishonest ****' (Paraphrasing of course)

still waiting for your answer.

'we' can only either be Britain or Europe, given that Europe has already dropped the ball, we can't still be waiting for them to drop the ball. So it has to be Britain

please substantiate your hypothesis that Britain will drop the ball and given an approximate time date, as you've been saying "soon" for months now

Since his claim is about some future event ("only a matter of time before we drop the ball"), can you please explain what evidence of this future event will be acceptable to you?

I suspect you have programmed one of your keyboard keys to ask for evidence and hit it no matter what anybody else writes.

please substantiate your hypothesis that Britain will drop the ball and given an approximate time date,

Not mine at all

this is simply a lie.
Not mine at all

this is simply a lie.

please refrain from making up stories in future, thanks mate
Original post by Good bloke
Since his claim is about some future event ("only a matter of time before we drop the ball":wink:, can you please explain what evidence of this future event will be acceptable to you?

I suspect you have programmed one of your keyboard keys to ask for evidence and hit it no matter what anybody else writes.

He said "its only a matter of time before we drop the ball"

I expect him to explain some serious failings in our security services which may lead to miscommunication, lack of power to act or something akin to what happened with the failings of the French and Belgian security services which stopped them from preventing previous IS attacks. One example would be pointing out that Belgium has multiple police forces working in Brussels, so sharing of information is more difficult and less effective. Something along those lines in Britain could be pointed out and I would agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending