The Student Room Group

Are we really supposed to believe that Hillary is just suffering from pneumonia?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macromicro
Hillary has released a statement saying she didn't lose consciousness, as everyone had already speculated beforehand.

This is very clear from the video.

Did you have a camera fitted inside the vehicle pointing outwards? Because all the videos and all the angles are from outside... how do you know she "didn't faint"?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Not in my diagnosis she didn't. She fainted. In the same way a super fit soldier faints standing to attention.

There's is absolutely no doubt she fainted.

She swayed on the spot a couple of times, stepped forward over the curb, her knees buckled and she collapsed. She's then seen to be dragged into the car, losing her shoe in the process.
Meanwhile Trump talks like someone with the faculties of a 7 yr old.
She probably has cancer and it's probably terminal.

Not fit to lead, not fit to be a human being.

Hope Trump wins and sorts out America.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Did you have a camera fitted inside the vehicle pointing outwards? Because all the videos and all the angles are from outside... how do you know she "didn't faint"?

If you're asking me how I got the information - Hillary Clinton.

If you're asking me do I believe her - yes, but she may have done more harm than good. She thinks by saying she didn't pass out that the incident appears less serious, when in fact fainting due to tiredness or any other reason would be far more favourable than what the video appears to show: her legs going limp and unmovable despite her neck still upright, which perhaps shows she didn't lose consciousness, which is why people have speculated - rightly or wrongly - a problem with her nervous system. Fainting is common and could have been swept under the rug, but losing control of one's limbs is a little more concerning. It may have been wiser to push the story that she simply fainted.

We can't know for certain of course. What matters is her next move so we'll have to sit and wait until the debates. Fingers crossed her medical team have at least a reliable short-term plan in place so she doesn't repeat this disaster. Ironically, part of her campaign strategy has been to sit pretty and let Trump make a fool of himself. The one thing she could not afford to do with that strategy was cause this explosion of ill-health speculations and divert the negative attention back on herself and off Trump.
Original post by Etomidate
Well, I see and treat seizures in the emergency department on an almost daily basis, so I kind of do.

Just the biggest lol of the day. Thanks for making that point clear.
Repped.
Original post by KingBradly
If that doesn't look like a seizure to you, then I seriously doubt you even know what a seizure is.

I went to primary school with someone with seizures. At best he was just on the floor, at worst he undressed himself.

What is your agenda about Hillary's health?
You're welcome to argue with someone who has worked 25 years for the NHS as a director of psychiatry (i.e my mother). I showed her the video, and it took her 2 seconds to tell me 1)something was clearly from, 2) that Clinton was making unnatural head jerks, and 3)it was a Jacksonian seizure.

Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Can you get you mum to start posting and doing diagnosis over the internet. It would be more impressive than getting it third hand.
Original post by yudothis
I went to primary school with someone with seizures. At best he was just on the floor, at worst he undressed himself.

What is your agenda about Hillary's health?

Have a look at his previous threads and you get the idea. Same with Dodgypirate and his mum.
Here's an unedited version of the video: [video="youtube;JeZXBTfy5Po"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZXBTfy5Po[/video]

When you believe that watching a woman very obviously having a seizure and concluding that she is probably pretty sick falls under "conspiracy theory" territory, you know your head is so far up your arse it's never going to be able to be pulled out again.

Let me know how you feel when it turns out I'm right.

Yeah, no. That just looks like she got taken by surprise by a reporter leaning in and putting her phone in her face, then awkwardly tried to make a joke of it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Have a look at his previous threads and you get the idea. Same with Dodgypirate and his mum.

His mum?!
Original post by Gwilym101
Even if there was something wrong with her, which this video in no way indicates, so what? FDR lead America through World War 2 when he had Polio and various other very serious maladies. He was elected 4 times for cryin out loud.

And JFK had Addison's Disease and back problems so bad he couldn't even put his socks on.

If there was something seriously, mentally wrong with Clinton, it would be very obvious in the debates. What is obvious in the debates is that her mind is working fine. As for pointing out that she has coughing fits and steps for her armoured car, so what? She's almost 70 ffs. People are not electing her for how many push-ups she can do, they're electing her for the grey matter that is in her skull.

And people saying "Oh she's so old, she should retire". That's idiotic. In the 12th century the Venetians regularly had doges (their elected monarch) who were in their 80s. In the 13th century a blind doge in his 90s led the Venetian fleet into battle. The idea that someone who is 68 cannot be a good leader is completely without historical foundation
There's is absolutely no doubt she fainted.

She swayed on the spot a couple of times, stepped forward over the curb, her knees buckled and she collapsed. She's then seen to be dragged into the car, losing her shoe in the process.

So what? Around 400 people at the Ground Zero site needed medical attention that day because it was so hot. Life Guards at Buckingham Palace regularly pass out.

Obviously you don't understand just how intense and how long the hours are on the campaign trail, and she's been doing that continuously for the last year. She's almost 70. Give her a break.

This crap about seizures is ludicrous
Original post by yudothis
His mum?!

His mum has diagnosed Hilary over the internet.
[video="youtube;JeZXBTfy5Po"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZXBTfy5Po[/video]

Watch an unedited version and see what you think.

I think she is a slightly awkward person and she was trying to do a kind of mock surprise thing that came off slightly weird-looking. You can tell when halfway through the head bobbing thing she kind of stops, laughs, then starts doing it again. It seems completely conscious.

It's like she was trying to go, "What the ****, all these lights and you're all talking at me at the same time". What is entirely clear to me from the debates she's done is that she is fine mentally, and that is what people elect a leader for. They're not looking at how many push-ups she can do, they're electing her on the basis of her experience and intelligence.
Original post by AlexanderHam
So what? Around 400 people at the Ground Zero site needed medical attention that day because it was so hot. Life Guards at Buckingham Palace regularly pass out.

Obviously you don't understand just how intense and how long the hours are on the campaign trail, and she's been doing that continuously for the last year. She's almost 70. Give her a break.

This crap about seizures is ludicrous

Trump is 70, what's your point? He's done far more work than Clinton. Then there's Sanders...

It was a seizure, it was a bad cough that has lasted months, and it was a faint. Get over it.
Trump is 70, what's your point?

I don't criticise Trump based on his being 70. I criticise him based on his being completely insane and unfit to hold the office of the presidency.

He's done far more work than Clinton

How does repeatedly going into bankruptcy and signally failing to increase the fortune he inherited count as "far more work" than Hillary Clinton?

Then there's Sanders...

Then there's Sanders what?

It was a seizure

:lol:
I don't criticise Trump based on his being 70. I criticise him based on his being completely insane and unfit to hold the office of the presidency.

"Insane", "unfit to hold office"... is that all you have?

Funny how you use the same insults that Trump supporters use on Clinton.

How does repeatedly going into bankruptcy and signally failing to increase the fortune he inherited count as "far more work" than Hillary Clinton?

I'm referring to his campaign work, obviously.

Then there's Sanders what?

In comparison to Clinton, he's older and fit as a fiddle (to an extent).

I recently discovered that Clinton's campaigned shamed him by asking for his own medical records. Disgusting.

:lol:

Not sure what you're laughing about, it's a serious matter.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Yeah, no. That just looks like she got taken by surprise by a reporter leaning in and putting her phone in her face, then awkwardly tried to make a joke of it.

I think she is a slightly awkward person and she was trying to do a kind of mock surprise thing that came off slightly weird-looking. You can tell when halfway through the head bobbing thing she kind of stops, laughs, then starts doing it again. It seems completely conscious.

You can explain it both ways - it was analysed on several US news channels. To me it looks more like she purposefully does it a second time to try and recover from the first time, which was accidental. The two look completely different and she isn't smiling during the first one. I don't think you can say with any confidence either way though.

What is entirely clear to me from the debates she's done is that she is fine mentally, and that is what people elect a leader for. They're not looking at how many push-ups she can do, they're electing her on the basis of her experience and intelligence.

I agree, but they're also looking for someone who doesn't need to be dragged into a car with no control over her limbs so it's understandable why this has become concerning. Whatever the case, this incident will have done some damage to her campaign and she needs to make up for it with the debates.
"Insane", "unfit to hold office"... is that all you have?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4314454

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending