The Student Room Group

List of degrees suitable for IB?

Can someone be so kind as to create a list of degrees which would be suitable for a future investment banker. If possible could you place them in rank order of the most 'respected' degrees by investment banks? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by lw8
Can someone be so kind as to create a list of degrees which would be suitable for a future investment banker. If possible could you place them in rank order of the most 'respected' degrees by investment banks? Thank you.

Any.
Original post by lw8

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4197597

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lw8

Economics only, any other subject will get you instantly rejected. If you're not doing economics you might as well just go to the nearest McDonalds and give them your CV.

(jks, every degree is equally regarded by banks. But try and get into a good university like Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, Bath, Cass, KCL)
Original post by Trapz99
Economics only, any other subject will get you instantly rejected. If you're not doing economics you might as well just go to the nearest McDonalds and give them your CV.

(jks, every degree is equally regarded by banks. But try and get into a good university like Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, Bath, Cass, KCL)

lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99

I've read that this is a common misconception haha. I will be applying to economics as it is what i find most interesting so i think i'll be okay in terms of that.
Original post by lw8
I've read that this is a common misconception haha. I will be applying to economics as it is what i find most interesting so i think i'll be okay in terms of that.

Why make the thread? Ahahahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Why make the thread? Ahahahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to know if there was any suitable backups to economics. But i read the link you sent and it had a whole essay on how it doesn't matter what degree you do ahah.
Reply 8
Original post by lw8
But i read the link you sent and it had a whole essay on how it doesn't matter what degree you do ahah.

Written by...?

:smile:
Original post by jneill
Written by...?

:smile:

It was very helpful thanks!!
Reply 10
Original post by lw8
It was very helpful thanks!!

Not me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Accounting and Finance most suitable