The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm in langwith doing maths and physics, do you reckon it's worth buying the college fresher's ticket or not?
University of York
York
Reply 101
Original post by LJRobertshaw
I'm in langwith doing maths and physics, do you reckon it's worth buying the college fresher's ticket or not?

I'm Constantine but it probably is. Even if you don't like everything there should be plenty for everyone:smile:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Gingerbread's going to Durham now rather than York. I'm in Constantine though - C1, Flat 2, in case you happen to be the same! :smile:

Loving the name! Will you be joining the DW society?
Original post by imjustnotnormal
Loving the name! Will you be joining the DW society?

Most likely! There are so many societies to choose from but I definitely want to fit in the Doctor Who society.
I have no idea what to do for one of my fancy dress events. "Under the sea" is so ****ing obscure
Original post by TheKian
I have no idea what to do for one of my fancy dress events. "Under the sea" is so ****ing obscure

Yikes, that sounds difficult! My mind goes to 'The Little Mermaid' but you could go for any sea life, I suppose. Maybe something really individual - you could make a sea cucumber costume by wearing a duvet cover rolled into a tube...? I'm in a similar position - one of mine is a snake! I'm sewing right now but I'm worried it's a bit more 'Medusa' than 'snake' haha :')
Hello! What are people's thoughts on the freshers wristband? I'm not sure if it's worth getting one or not, seeing as I don't really drink, and I'm not all that interested in going to clubs.
Reply 107
Original post by inkmagpie
Hello! What are people's thoughts on the freshers wristband? I'm not sure if it's worth getting one or not, seeing as I don't really drink, and I'm not all that interested in going to clubs.

I'm exactly the same as you but I got one because
A) most colleges give you a free t-shirt with it :biggrin:
B) the are meant to be lots of non-alcoholic events on too so it should be worth it. Depends on you though :smile:
Original post by Aph
I'm exactly the same as you but I got one because
A) most colleges give you a free t-shirt with it :biggrin:
B) the are meant to be lots of non-alcoholic events on too so it should be worth it. Depends on you though :smile:

Haha, yeah, free T-shirts are always good. Okay, thanks, think I might get it then - probably better than missing out!
Original post by neriine
Yikes, that sounds difficult! My mind goes to 'The Little Mermaid' but you could go for any sea life, I suppose. Maybe something really individual - you could make a sea cucumber costume by wearing a duvet cover rolled into a tube...? I'm in a similar position - one of mine is a snake! I'm sewing right now but I'm worried it's a bit more 'Medusa' than 'snake' haha :':wink:

I think I'm going as a turtle. I can't sew so it's gonna look so lazy. I'm gonna wear my old maccies uniform for "childhood dream job" fancy dress.

Good luck with yours though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending