The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
is this for london? (sorry i cant help)

Actually my mistake I completely forgot I also Applied to the US as a long shot for the Merchant banking/Private Equity NY div and just got the interview sent to me but I assume everyone gets it sent out :smile:
Ive heard its easy to join operations then transfer over to IB after a few years.
Original post by judas69
ive heard its easy to join operations then transfer over to ib after a few years.

you've heard wrong
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Actually my mistake I completely forgot I also Applied to the US as a long shot for the Merchant banking/Private Equity NY div and just got the interview sent to me but I assume everyone gets it sent out :smile:

ok
Original post by Judas69
Ive heard its easy to join operations then transfer over to IB after a few years.

looooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Judas69

Would not say its easy to get into operation, but yeah you can transfer over few years later if youre a top dawg
errm i mean, hard to say - he said some positive things about some of the stuff i'd been doing but i dont think u can really read into it too much. he wasnt really blatant in saying 'what a great interview' or anything.Wbu? I had my interview last tuesday

is it for SA?
Original post by Flourish RY
unfortunately i don't think you can apply,

its invite only

Oh right.. But how did they get your details? Did you apply to their summer programme?
Original post by Deltasierra27
Anyone else got an interview with Citi on Friday for markets?

Any idea of what you thought you got on the Citi numerical test?
Original post by A12R34
Any idea of what you thought you got on the Citi numerical test?

Lol tbh I thought I failed it haha out of 12 maybe 7 were confident answers and 2 were logical guesses and 3 were complete random choices haha
Original post by Deltasierra27
Anyone else got an interview with Citi on Friday for markets?

mirin
Original post by torres657
is it for SA?

not really sure, got this email about an invite only networking event w/ centerview. then had what was pretty much a phone interview to get onto it. its being run by dartmouth partners so idk if maybe attending the networking event there may be backhanding or interviews after that for the SA?? we've been kept a bit in the dark
not really sure, got this email about an invite only networking event w/ centerview. then had what was pretty much a phone interview to get onto it. its being run by dartmouth partners so idk if maybe attending the networking event there may be backhanding or interviews after that for the SA?? we've been kept a bit in the dark

if it is Dartmouth, then it is for SA since recruitment for Centerview is done through them
BoAML is open
if it is Dartmouth, then it is for SA since recruitment for Centerview is done through them

ahh fairs

BoAML is open

Finally! Schroders & BofE are also open
BoAML is open

Does anyone know if they are planning to open off-cycle? And I'm guessing they are not recruiting for graduate roles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Does anyone know if they are planning to open off-cycle? And I'm guessing they are not recruiting for graduate roles?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume no since they have opened off-cycle for markets, but not for IBD
BoAML is open

Damn, I wanted to be the first person to call it... was checking every day :redface:
Has anyone got a reply from Citi after emailing them? Emailed them last week but still yet to hear back
Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for industrial placements to IBs. JP Morgan and Nomura only offer 12-month placements in operations.
If i were to do these placements and perform well, do you think they'll accept me onto a summer internship (after my placement) in a front office role instead of operations again?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending