The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick question about the freshers...

Do people come to the uni in squads/cliques? Is it hard to make friends? Say if I were a fresher, and stepped onto the campus for the first time, what would I see/think of the people and general environment at NTU?
Reply 1
bump
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by dmy15
Do people come to the uni in squads/cliques? Is it hard to make friends? Say if I were a fresher, and stepped onto the campus for the first time, what would I see/think of the people and general environment at NTU?

Hi @dmy15,

I know this is a cliche but, all freshers are in the same boat together. Everyone during freshers' is looking to make friends just as much as you are. And because of that, I think, people are very accepting and open to everyone.

Groups do form at uni through flatmates and societies but that's inevitable. I would recommend getting stuck in and make an effort.

The environment and feel of life at NTU does vary with which campus you're on. The city site always feels like there's something going on and there's never a dull moment. Clifton can have a campus feel with the halls, lectures and Students Union in close proximity and Brackenhurst has a lovely community vibe in the Nottinghamshire countryside.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions
Tim
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
bump
I go to Uni of Notts, not Notts Trent, but I'm sure what I'm about to say will still apply. In my first year I was placed into a block of 25 people in a hall of 300. In my block, only 1 person had a friend from their school go to the same uni, meaning everything else (including myself) went there not knowing anyone at all. We all became friends immediately, as does literally every block that I've heard of. I'm even living in a flat of 7 guys this year (3rd year), all of whom were in my block in the 1st year, so the friendships stuck.

As said above, everyone is in the same boat and will be looking to make friends. Relax and enjoy :smile:
Original post by FeminineEminem
I go to Uni of Notts, not Notts Trent, but I'm sure what I'm about to say will still apply. In my first year I was placed into a block of 25 people in a hall of 300. In my block, only 1 person had a friend from their school go to the same uni, meaning everything else (including myself) went there not knowing anyone at all. We all became friends immediately, as does literally every block that I've heard of. I'm even living in a flat of 7 guys this year (3rd year), all of whom were in my block in the 1st year, so the friendships stuck.

As said above, everyone is in the same boat and will be looking to make friends. Relax and enjoy :smile:

how many of the 7 have u had sex with
Reply 7
Original post by heretohelp123
how many of the 7 have u had sex with

Any advice relating to my question?
Original post by dmy15
Any advice relating to my question?

Pm me
Reply 9
Original post by heretohelp123
Pm me

But why cant you just answer it on here