The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

i dislike middle class people

Reason Why
1) their amoral e.g smoking weed at university
2)They believe their children are more intelligent than working class children
3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
4)They look down on people who live in social housing
5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.

Scroll to see replies

Biased much
Original post by saraxh
Biased much

it's tsr dont take anything seriously
Original post by looloo2134
Reason Why
3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.

They're*.
And **** you too. :smile:

1) What?
2) Perhaps.
3) Why not?
4) Living in social housing is pretty low.
5) We don't.
:cry2: *

but we are lovely

:redface:*
Original post by BIGJohnson777
They're*.

1) What?
2) Perhaps.
3) Why not?
5) We don't.

The OP wasn't the brightest spark but this response isn't any better. 'Living in social housing is pretty low' this says a lot about you as a person.
Can we all just get along, regardless of social classifications?
Reply 6
They're*.

1) What?
2) Perhaps.
3) Why not?
5) We don't.

The way you responded to social housing says it all. Or at least, you're playing into the stereotype. Can't you understand that some people do in fact require that housing, for circumstances outside of their control.
Reply 7
Reason Why

1. Generalisation without any evidence (or relevance)
2. Personally, I've never noticed this although can't speak for your local area
3. As I'm sure anyone else would. It's like richer parents sending their kids to private school; people just want what's best for their own
4. Again, I've never noticed this but can't speak for you
5. Tbf, I've noticed that although most lower class whites are not racist, most of the racist people I know of are in this demographic (although mainly towards east Asians and middle easterners as opposed to eastern Europeans). Can't comment on your final point as I live in a very white area so almost no one is mixed, regardless of class.
Reason Why

I don't think the a typical middle class person does any of those things.

A middle class person could equally say
'I don't like working class people
Reason why:
1)they smoke a lot
2)they don't make an effort in school
3)they are poorly educated
4)they live on benefits
5)they're racist and xenophobic'

Just because a tiny wincy minority of people in a class do things it shouldn't reflect badly on everyone in that class. You shouldn't overgeneralise, especially when it comes to hate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by G.name
The way you responded to social housing says it all. Or at least, you're playing into the stereotype. Can't you understand that some people do in fact require that housing, for circumstances outside of their control.

This^

I fully understand that social housing can be of use to people whose lives have been turned upside down by circumstances arising from no fault of their own; or if a person has been unlucky enough to grow up in such housing. However, the stereotype that the council house people tend to be drug addicts and other types of the scum of the earth with neither will nor ability to improve their living standards, still stands and has proven to be accurate to some extent (not totally, though).
Reply 10
I dislike the Middle Class. Not necessarily the people. Though some can be pretentious. As a working class lad, I've felt this.
Reply 11
This^

I fully understand that social housing can be of use to people whose lives have been turned upside down by circumstances arising from no fault of their own; or if a person has been unlucky enough to grow up in such housing. However, the stereotype that the council house people tend to be drug addicts and other types of the scum of the earth with neither will nor ability to improve their living standards, still stands and has proven to be accurate to some extent (not totally, though).

Proven?! You pulled that out your ass. Not to any degree is that proven. It may exist. And because you've seen it on line, doesn't mean you know its proportion in all cases.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by G.name
Proven?! You pulled that out your ass. Not to any degree is that proven. It may exist. And because you've seen it on line, doesn't mean you know its proportion in all cases.

Did I say it was proven? Last time I checked I wrote "proven to be accurate to some extent (not totally, though)" thus implying that there are circumstances where this doesn't apply.
They're too busy eating quinoa to care about what you think.
Original post by G.name
I dislike the Middle Class. Not necessarily the people. Though some can be pretentious. As a working class lad, I've felt this.

There are working class people who deserve the utmost respect, i.e. people who are doing their best to get out of it. Most of the dislike is directed towards people who don't seek to improve and those are generally perceived as slobs.
Reply 15
Did I say it was proven? Last time I checked I wrote "proven to be accurate to some extent (not totally, though)" thus implying that there are circumstances where this doesn't apply.

Proven doesn't belong there with any qualifications, mate. You could've said that there's news out there that does suggest some people claim security from the state unjustly.
That's really lovely of you :h:

I'm glad to see you don't generalise a whole group of people for the sake of a few.

Also, everyone wants what is best for their kids? I have no doubt mine will go private when I have them
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
There are working class people who deserve the utmost respect, i.e. people who are doing their best to get out of it. Most of the dislike is directed towards people who don't seek to improve and those are generally perceived as slobs.

Seek to improve?! Jesus, you sound brainwashed. In what sense should we strive to improve? Economic? May I remind you that our class is necessarily large. Without it, there would be no Middle Class. It's patronising to say that that majority should try to change their status, when some of them of course can't. Because when they compete to get skilled jobs, they indubitably come up against middle class children who've had a better education handed to them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
They're too busy eating quinoa to care about what you think.

we have moved on to millet dear

:borat: *
Reply 19
Original post by A-LJLB
That's really lovely of you :h:

I'm glad to see you don't generalise a whole group of people for the sake of a few.

Also, everyone wants what is best for their kids? I have no doubt mine will go private when I have them

Unfortunately, I must agree.

Latest

Trending

Trending