The Student Room Group

Weak subjects?

I have been told my subjects are all 'soft' and 'weak' subjects.
I am taking Art, Psychology, Media studies and business. Someone has also told me that it makes no sense for me to take these subjects?
Some subjects are definitely viewed higher than others, for example an A in Maths or English will be more impressive to most people than an A in Art. However, it depends on what you want to do after A-Level - if you want to study Medicine or Law then you have no chance at studying these at a good uni, but if you want to do another subject that your A-Levels relate to then it should not really matter that you're not doing a typical 'hard' subject.
It almost entirely depends on what you want to do afterwards. But, if you think you are capable, a good grade in Maths or a core science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) will move you much further up the application pile pretty much regardless of what you want to do afterwards.
Reply 3
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I have been told my subjects are all 'soft' and 'weak' subjects.
I am taking Art, Psychology, Media studies and business. Someone has also told me that it makes no sense for me to take these subjects?

If you want a good career and to go to a respectable university to study respectable subject, you should pick facilitating subjects i.e. Maths, Sciences, English, MF Languages, Humanities, Social Sciences like Economics. Yes the subjects you are doing are soft in comparison with the previous list. E.g. drop Business for Economics, Media for English or Computer Science, Psychology for Gov & Pols or Geography, and just drop art it's an irrelevant A level it will become redundant as soon as you finish your last piece of work for it. You will do better with these 3 A levels than the 4 you are currently studying. Honest advice no hate.
They are soft

Quick Reply

Latest