The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by self_help_jj
Do you know anyone who is asked to do an interview next week and for what division/role ?

I did receive the invitation mail yesterday. Its for an analyst postition in IB&GCM. Don't know which group at this point in time.
Original post by self_help_jj
josh_v when did you get the invite to request you play the game and have you completed and submitted your SJT and application ?
Also if you don't mind sharing which programme did you apply for ?

I got the request to take the SJT on the 5th September. I sat the SJT sometime on 7th or 8th. Then got the email yesterday asking me to play the game. Im applying for Risk grad scheme.*
Original post by frottnex
I did receive the invitation mail yesterday. Its for an analyst postition in IB&GCM. Don't know which group at this point in time.

okay thanks a lot and lucky you.
Also good luck for next week.
Original post by josh_v
I got the request to take the SJT on the 5th September. I sat the SJT sometime on 7th or 8th. Then got the email yesterday asking me to play the game. Im applying for Risk grad scheme.*

thanks
Reply 324

Damn, nice one on getting the interview! Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your app?
Original post by Kunta
Damn, nice one on getting the interview! Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your app?

They did take their sweet time. I think I submitted pretty much when they opened applications
Reply 326
They did take their sweet time. I think I submitted pretty much when they opened applications

Wow, that is ages haha! I think I submitted on the last day so hopefully means there's still a chance for an interview

Thanks for letting me know btw!
Anyone done Barclay's online interview? Just done it, just wondering other people's thoughts on it
Original post by Chambers10
Anyone done Barclay's online interview? Just done it, just wondering other people's thoughts on it

it was about how well you can bullshyt

When did you apply and complete the video situation test? also for which division is this ?
Original post by jlm_really
When did you apply and complete the video situation test? also for which division is this ?

A couple of hours ago and it was for trading and structuring, agreed that it was utterly based on how well you can bs.
Reply 331

Hi, for which division did you interview? IBD FT?
What's the deal with the Citi application process? I applied for the Markets - Full Time Analyst position and I just received an e-mail saying that they will be reviewing my background and experiences etc... When will they send out the numerical reasoning test?!
A couple of hours ago and it was for trading and structuring, agreed that it was utterly based on how well you can bs.

Okay, so did you get the video interview, directly after completing the online video test ?
Original post by JessicaPearson
What's the deal with the Citi application process? I applied for the Markets - Full Time Analyst position and I just received an e-mail saying that they will be reviewing my background and experiences etc... When will they send out the numerical reasoning test?!

I applied for IBD and received the test 24h later.
Does anyone know why HSBC gives you such weird options under "Which area of Investment Banking are you most interested in?"?

They have the following options:

- Corporates (=industry coverage?)
- Advisory (=M&A?), FIG and Public sector
- ECM, Leveraged finance and Financial sponsors
- DCM, Infa and real estate

This seems very random. Why is Leveraged Finance and ECM together? Those areas are pretty different. And why is Advisory with FIG and Public sector? They are mixing products and industry groups. I guess those aren't actual business units, so are they just forcing you to pick something and then it's just luck where you end up? I doesn't make any sense to me, e.g. someone that is interested in debt might chooses the last two options but then ends up in ECM and has nothing to do with debt.
Original post by whitepalms
Does anyone know why HSBC gives you such weird options under "Which area of Investment Banking are you most interested in?"?

They have the following options:

- Corporates (=industry coverage?)
- Advisory (=M&A?), FIG and Public sector
- ECM, Leveraged finance and Financial sponsors
- DCM, Infa and real estate

This seems very random. Why is Leveraged Finance and ECM together? Those areas are pretty different. And why is Advisory with FIG and Public sector? They are mixing products and industry groups. I guess those aren't actual business units, so are they just forcing you to pick something and then it's just luck where you end up? I doesn't make any sense to me, e.g. someone that is interested in debt might chooses the last two options but then ends up in ECM and has nothing to do with debt.

Agree it's frustrating. Have no idea why they've done it like it. You'd think DCM, FIG and Leveraged Finance would be put together. I'm guessing it's to stop everyone putting the same preferences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jlm_really
Okay, so did you get the video interview, directly after completing the online video test ?

Apologies mate, misread your initial post

Completed the test (business insight online assessment) on Sunday and received the online interview invite an hour later, so I'm assuming it was an automatic invite
do you guys know what the 'relationship coverage' division is in HSBC Global Banking?
Is it basically private banking/wealth management, or more related to IB in general? so i.e you help IBD sell/present their products :confused:

and yeah agree they've separated the divisions into weird options , no idea why its like that
Apologies mate, misread your initial post

Completed the test (business insight online assessment) on Sunday and received the online interview invite an hour later, so I'm assuming it was an automatic invite

Ohh okay as I completed the test on Friday but still have not heard back regarding the online interview.
Pretty sure I have failed it then :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest