The Student Room Group

Student finance is not paid! Help!!??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klix88
Yes, that's what I experienced. My own enrollment/registration/whatever you call it, took place during Freshers' Week, which was the week before the official start date of my course each year.

Then according to the info provided by the government web page to which I linked, this was an error on the part of the uni, SF or both. I certainly had undergrad colleagues who were accidentally omitted from the initial confirmation list which the uni sent to SF, so presumably the opposite error is possible. Enrolling in person reduces the chance of this happening.

[QUOTEI don't know how to whole thing works with the university but I know some students can do the registering online from what I've seen.
Online registration would seem to contradict what that government website expects to happen.

I think this distinction between the two processes is a result of you only having seen the SF side of the process. My uni doesn't make that distinction in its student-facing admin.

The university system is also COR and COA (Confirmation of registration and Confirmation of attendance) (Universities use this system http://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/ )

I don't want to debate how the processes work, I'm just telling you how it works on the university systems just because you mentioned on the OP that it was confirmation of attendance to release the payment which was incorrect, it's COR.
Reply 21
Original post by murpo
The university system is also COR and COA (Confirmation of registration and Confirmation of attendance) (Universities use this system http://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/ )

I don't want to debate how the processes work, I'm just telling you how it works on the university systems just because you mentioned on the OP that it was confirmation of attendance to release the payment which was incorrect, it's COR.

You have been happy to debate how processes work up to this point. And as I don't know the official SF terminology, I did not make that distinction to the OP. If the start date of the course has passed and all uni admin (whatever it is officially called) has been completed by the student, then any delay to payment should be followed up with both the uni, and then SF if the uni has completed whatever admin processes are necessary.

In any event, as I have said, the Maintenance Loan is not (or should not) be paid before the start date of the course. That is what students care about, and what queries here have concerned.*

This information has been restated very plainly by a current member of SF staff who is one of their official reps here on TSR:
Payment dates are all set to the term dates of your course and can be different for each one. If your payment is scheduled for the 19th, then it will be made no earlier than that.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4305028

If you disagree, then you need to let them know that they are giving incorrect advice which actually has SF endorsement.
Reply 22
Original post by Devify
See
Confirmation of registration does release the maintenance loan. However there are also scheduled payments. So maintenance loan is paid on the scheduled date as long as the registration has been confirmed before hand. If it had not yet been confirmed when the payment is due, the payment will be paused until a confirmation of the registration has been received.

My university has that exact information on the student hub including the dates that my registration has been confirmed with SFE.

Hi..sorry to bother you. Just wanted to kow if its thesame process for continuing students. I am inmy 3rd year and alrdy registered online. Payment is scheduled for the 19th but my session starts on the 26th. Will payment still be made? Thank you
Reply 23
Original post by carmenb
Hi..sorry to bother you. Just wanted to kow if its thesame process for continuing students. I am inmy 3rd year and alrdy registered online. Payment is scheduled for the 19th but my session starts on the 26th. Will payment still be made? Thank you

I'm afraid it depends on your uni's admin processes. I had to enrol in person on campus at the start of each of my academic years, but it's clear from posts on TSR that some deem online registration sufficient for continuing students. You need to contact your uni to ask when they plan to pass student info to Student Finance.

You won't get paid before the 19th, but how soon afterwards you get paid, will depend on your uni.
Reply 24
Currently waiting for my husbands loan to come in, I don't enrol until next week so nothing for me yet.
Oddly enough though my friend, who enrolled online for his Uni a few weeks ago, had his loan through on Saturday. He started on Monday, two days after getting his loan. So i guess some people do get it before they start.
Reply 25
Thank u so much. I called SF this morning and I was told that payment will definitely be made on Monday.

Original post by trowe87
Currently waiting for my husbands loan to come in, I don't enrol until next week so nothing for me yet.
Oddly enough though my friend, who enrolled online for his Uni a few weeks ago, had his loan through on Saturday. He started on Monday, two days after getting his loan. So i guess some people do get it before they start.
Original post by Klix88
You have been happy to debate how processes work up to this point. And as I don't know the official SF terminology, I did not make that distinction to the OP. If the start date of the course has passed and all uni admin (whatever it is officially called) has been completed by the student, then any delay to payment should be followed up with both the uni, and then SF if the uni has completed whatever admin processes are necessary.

In any event, as I have said, the Maintenance Loan is not (or should not) be paid before the start date of the course. That is what students care about, and what queries here have concerned.*

This information has been restated very plainly by a current member of SF staff who is one of their official reps here on TSR:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4305028

If you disagree, then you need to let them know that they are giving incorrect advice which actually has SF endorsement.

Original post by trowe87
who enrolled online for his Uni a few weeks ago, had his loan through on Saturday. He started on Monday, two days after getting his loan. So i guess some people do get it before they start.

Because your husbands confirmation of registration was sent over by the university and his payment scheduled date happened to be just before he attended

I think Kilxx needs to see this :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Do universities need proof of where you’ll be living to release the maintenance loan ?
Do universities check where you’ll be living before releasing the maintenance loan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending