The Student Room Group

medicine deferred entry? please help

is it possible to apply for graduate entry medicine whilst you have an offer for differed entry medicine. both of them will be starting in 2019, are you allowed to do this in UCAS? can you keep them both stand by?
Original post by pkg7
is it possible to apply for graduate entry medicine whilst you have an offer for differed entry medicine. both of them will be starting in 2019, are you allowed to do this in UCAS? can you keep them both stand by?

Are you planning on completing a degree in that 3 years? If so, you'll probably lose out on that deferred offer anyway and it will have funding implications.
Original post by pkg7

Plus how and why are you deferring for 3 years?
Reply 3
Original post by ForestCat
Plus how and why are you deferring for 3 years?

I have enrolled to biomedical science which will be finishing in 3 years, plus I was thinking if I can get into better university from graduate entry than the offer from deffered entry I can ditch that, if that's possible, (I will applying to deffered entry medicine in 2017 sep)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pkg7
I have enrolled to biomedical science which will be finishing in 3 years, plus I was thinking if I can get into better university from graduate entry than the offer from deffered entry I can ditch that, if that's possible, (I will applying to deffered entry medicine in 2017 sep)

You do realise that you don't get funded for tuition fees for a 5 year course if you have a degree. So, as it stands now, you need to pay £36k over the first four years.

You won't get any offers to defer because you're currently doing a degree. If you start that degree then you will finish it and apply for GEM at the end. Deferring is only for people who want a year out before starting for medical reasons/gap year etc, its not so you can go off and complete another degree in between
Reply 5
Original post by ForestCat
You do realise that you don't get funded for tuition fees for a 5 year course if you have a degree. So, as it stands now, you need to pay £36k over the first four years.

You won't get any offers to defer because you're currently doing a degree. If you start that degree then you will finish it and apply for GEM at the end. Deferring is only for people who want a year out before starting for medical reasons/gap year etc, its not so you can go off and complete another degree in between

Okay thank you very much :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending