The Student Room Group

When will I be informed of my new grade after a remark?

My old school volunteered to request remarks. They have paid (or are going to pay) for the remark of some of our Unit 1 English Language exam papers (AQA). When, approximately, would I be notified of what grade I've attained?

By the way, I was literally one UMS point off a B for English Language (I got 209). What are the chances my grade will increase? Not too bothered to be honest though.
Reply 1
Your chances are as good as any - if you're not paying and you're not bothered it's a win win situation. Re-marks can take up to four weeks but I would say you should know by the end of the month - depending on how quickly your exams office process the application and then get the information back to you.
Reply 2
English marking differentiates between people I do hope yours is a nice one. I remarked my English lit last year as I was two marks off an A* and it went down by 9 marks thankfully though it was still an A. However I remarked my maths and it went up to a B so it will depend really on your examiner. You should probably get it back soon it won't be later than like mid October if you've already requested it. Your school would send it off straight away and it takes 2-3 weeks to get back
Reply 3
AQA normally take about a week.
Was 1 mark away from B in English Lit , came back unchanged, this year they will only mark uo if there was a marking error not just for a difference of opinion. This took 2 weeks.
Reply 5
Original post by lindylou11
Was 1 mark away from B in English Lit , came back unchanged, this year they will only mark uo if there was a marking error not just for a difference of opinion. This took 2 weeks.

In English Literature or Language there can be several marking errors.
Original post by Jamie Vardy
In English Literature or Language there can be several marking errors.

Absolutely , Drama paper was marked up 8 ums this year , went up 2 grades and C to B overall the reason was "Not marked in accordance with mark scheme. An unreasonable exercise of academic judgement"
Sadly too late as it cost my sixth form pace!
Reply 7
Original post by lindylou11
Absolutely , Drama paper was marked up 8 ums this year , went up 2 grades and C to B overall the reason was "Not marked in accordance with mark scheme. An unreasonable exercise of academic judgement"
Sadly too late as it cost my sixth form pace!

Sorry to hear that. What are you doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest