The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mcstyle94
Anyone know how many days do we have to complete Barclays Hirevue interview?

mine said 48h
Original post by TheParham
mine said 48h

was it written in the interview invitation email?
Original post by NV37
Do BAML accept final year for SA?

Yes but they request you provide a reason why you're applying to that over a full-time. Although I don't think they're even hiring full-time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mcstyle94
was it written in the interview invitation email?

naaaah bruh it was written on my fking bedroom wall with blood
naaaah bruh it was written on my fking bedroom wall with blood

Burn
Reply 2145
Out of interest, what is the word count of yer cover letters? 300 - 400? 450 too much?

Thanks in advance to those who reply
Do MS not have an S&T internship this year?
Original post by DomStaff
Do MS not have an S&T internship this year?

they do
Original post by L_ane
Out of interest, what is the word count of yer cover letters? 300 - 400? 450 too much?

Thanks in advance to those who reply

I think 450 is acceptable, look at RBC/UBS/JPM/DB/HSBC applications they ask for like 700-800 words for their application questions so surely answering those questions in 450 cover letter is not too long? (my opinion)
they do

All I see is the industrial placement.
Reply 2150
I think 450 is acceptable, look at RBC/UBS/JPM/DB/HSBC applications they ask for like 700-800 words for their application questions so surely answering those questions in 450 cover letter is not too long? (my opinion)

Yeah that's a good point, cheers!
nah bro, mans got IBD interview at citi
Original post by L_ane
Yeah that's a good point, cheers!

Mine is actually 500-700 words and literally never had a problem. They do have a preference for them being short though but as long as what you write is valuable and succinct, then I see no issue.

I don't really see how anyone can communicate a convincing and effective covering letter in just 300 words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DomStaff
All I see is the industrial placement.

Log in, go to Global Programmes tab, filter by London and Summer Analyst and its there matey, just checked
Original post by anonymous543210
nah bro, mans got IBD interview at citi

oi oi
Anyone got a HR contact for CS? PM me. My application has been stuck in 'duplicate check' for a week now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been invited to RBS Firefly Freedom Game assessment, anybody knows how it works?
Original post by paulpierce94
I've been invited to RBS Firefly Freedom Game assessment, anybody knows how it works?

Yeah. Basically, you have to 360 no-scope as many fireflys as you can using a barrett 50 cal. Standard 25 minutes time limit though.
Original post by JessicaPearson
I'm dead. I literally had the same dilemma.:lol:

ikr its so longggggg
Original post by creamertnh
Anyone else who did the Barclays initial SJT/Numerical test thing over the weekend heard back yet, I still haven't. I dont think I am a egoistical ******* who sucks at maths, but who knows.

Same here bud. Probably fked. I applied for Sales. What did you go for? What I've noticed on here tho, is that most people who got the video interview applied for IBD. Might be wrong and it's just me still hoping I am not a melt. Invested so much in that SJT thing as well. Fell in love with one of the analysts..got my heart broken, was genuinely concerned about that one bloke and how he's gonna handle the whole ''my team doesn't like my idea'' thing...roller coaster of emotions that.

Quick Reply