The Student Room Group

I'm pregnant, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
We're talking about a human being here. It's not her body, it's someone else body that relies on her body for 9 months. What ****ing choice? Having a baby, having someone to love, is the most beautiful thing in the world. Abortion is not an answer. There are some amazing couples out there who can't have babies and get pregnant, what can be more kind than to let them a baby tbrough adoption? If she decides not to keep the baby.

Who will have to endure 9+ months of body changes, constant nausea, pain, aches and all the rest of it? OP
Who will be the one to give birth? OP
So of course it's her body.

Abortion has been an answer for hundreds of thousands of women, sorry to break it to you.

Oh for goodness sake, has OP said she wants to give her child up for adoption? No! She's obviously acknowledged it as an option and has decided against it. If you have nothing supportive to say to her then why are you commenting? Far too many judgemental souls here.
I read the first post and there she said that she feels bad about having an abortion so that's why I commenting on the morality of abortion.

Her question was:
How do I deal with this emotional side of things whilst getting an abortion?
Your response:
Well, You'll be a murderer if you go through with it.

Ah, How insightful.
Original post by Moonstruck16
'Free healthcare, education, child support'. Have you not been listening to the news?
'Opportunities in life'. Ah yes, the kid could have a good life with its mother and grow up to be a decent person...Or it will be born to a mother that doesn't want it and whose life is now ruined. Or it could end up in the foster system and let's face it, that doesn't have the best reputation and outcomes.

The baby has not been born and right now is essentially the equivalent of a parasite or a tumour. Abortion is not always selfish, in many cases yes, but not in all. OP could have this child now and her life and the kid's could be one of misery, or she could have an abortion, get her life together and later on have a child who is actually wanted and can be cared for. She was stupid to get pregnant and that will be her regret, but I doubt she'd regret the abortion. She'll forgive herself once she has a better life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have already said that to be is better than not to be. Even if you're in Zimbabwe, life must go on. And it is not right to say all people in foster families or with adopted parents are not going to end up accounting to much in life. My friends dad was a drug dealer and went to jail, his mum died soon after and all his cousins were also criminals so he was raised with his aunt since he was like 2 years old. Now he is a very successful guy who owns his own business and is studying in an Ivy League university, self funded. Life can always be miserable. Even in you parents are billionaires. Even if they spend time on you 24/7. She doesn't know what is going to happen in 10 years, or even 5 years, maybe she will be in a much better situation and the baby will be too :smile:
OP - I recommend you speak to young, single mothers (like myself), and others who have bravely stated they have had an abortion -- don't listen to judgemental individuals (from both sides) who have never been in the situation themselves.
Original post by Anna.Karenina
OP - I recommend you speak to young, single mothers (like myself), and others who have bravely stated they have had an abortion -- don't listen to judgemental individuals (from both sides) who have never been in the situation themselves.

Do you have to have been in the situation to offer advice/opinion?
Original post by cherryred90s
Do you have to have been in the situation to offer advice/opinion?

I think so, yes. It's all very well saying 'this is what I would do...' until you're actually faced with the situation. If she wants an abortion, she will likely have to have a scan to date the pregnancy; when I saw my son at my scan, I made up my mind there and then. Someone who hasn't been pregnant before cannot explain these occurrences to her.
Her question was:
How do I deal with this emotional side of things whilst getting an abortion?
Your response:
Well, You'll be a murderer if you go through with it.

Ah, How insightful.

Maybe you're right. There could have been a misinterpretation on my side but still I want to advise her against her decision and do my part in trying to save someone's life. I for sure didn't want to get aborted when I was a fetus. I'm a nobody but Charlie Parker was a fetus at one point. So was Paul Mc Cartney and Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa and Nye Bevan and George Orwell.
I think so, yes. It's all very well saying 'this is what I would do...' until you're actually faced with the situation. If she wants an abortion, she will likely have to have a scan to date the pregnancy; when I saw my son at my scan, I made up my mind there and then. Someone who hasn't been pregnant before cannot explain these occurrences to her.

It's fine for people to comment talking about their own personal experiences but she (OP) didn't specifically ask for that. You don't have to have been in the situation to offer support, which is why some males have commented here too.
Who will have to endure 9+ months of body changes, constant nausea, pain, aches and all the rest of it? OP
Who will be the one to give birth? OP
So of course it's her body.

Abortion has been an answer for hundreds of thousands of women, sorry to break it to you.

Oh for goodness sake, has OP said she wants to give her child up for adoption? No! She's obviously acknowledged it as an option and has decided against it. If you have nothing supportive to say to her then why are you commenting? Far too many judgemental souls here.

I can't always tell people what they want to hear. I'm sorry the world ain't no sunshine and rainbows. Unwanted pregnancies are consequences of wrong life choices whereas abortion is not a choice. That is someone else's body and that person did not force herself in her body. I suggest you LOOK at a baby for 2 seconds , how can you say she rather not have existed?
You must be a terrible person. A machine.
Reply 69
Original post by Moonstruck16

The baby has not been born and right now is essentially the equivalent of a parasite or a tumour. Abortion is not always selfish, in many cases yes, but not in all. OP could have this child now and her life and the kid's could be one of misery, or she could have an abortion, get her life together and later on have a child who is actually wanted and can be cared for. She was stupid to get pregnant and that will be her regret, but I doubt she'd regret the abortion. She'll forgive herself once she has a better life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"It" is a living growing person, and i'm sorry but a baby still in the womb does not have the status of a parasite or tumor.

If for example, i met the OP one day [knowing she was pregnant] and decided to Falcon punch her and as a result she lost the baby, I would be arrested and charged with "child destruction"
It's fine for people to comment talking about their own personal experiences but she (OP) didn't specifically ask for that. You don't have to have been in the situation to offer support, which is why some males have commented here too.

Support and advice are two different things.
Maybe you're right. There could have been a misinterpretation on my side but still I want to advise her against her decision and do my part in trying to save someone's life. I for sure didn't want to get aborted when I was a fetus. I'm a nobody but Charlie Parker was a fetus at one point. So was Paul Mc Cartney and Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa and Nye Bevan and George Orwell.

It's not your part though. If she had made a post that she's pregnant and didn't know which option to choose then you can 'do your part' but
her mind is made up.

This argument again. Are you against contraception too?
Support and advice are two different things.

IMO, You don't have to have lived it in order to give advice but okay
It's not your part though. If she had made a post that she's pregnant and didn't know which option to choose then you can 'do your part' but
her mind is made up.

This argument again. Are you against contraception too?

Not against contraception because I believe the cycle of begins when cells begin multiplying, after conception.
I must say that I am not religious here. I did a philosophy course on morality and ethics and found the pro-life arguments more convincing.
Original post by ANM775
hard decision, but don't pretend you're doing what's right for the baby, when in fact what you're doing what's is right for you.

imagine you were a baby growing inside a womb, and someone gave you two options

1) be born into a life where mum is on the doll [or has few resources] therefore you are somewhat worst off than most kids

2) be killed by a poison pill over two days, and die

Guaranteed almost everyone here would pick the first option.

best option for the baby, would be to have the baby and get it adopted straight after birth. The baby would go onto live a better life than you can give it, and more importantly he would get to LIVE

under a tory government? fat chance

get rid of it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
All the pro-murderers on this thread are knocking me sick :puke:

One must say, the world does not revolve around you. Life can be tough, anything could happen but ****ing learn to take it. And I totally believe having a baby is a blessing. If my girlfriend got pregnant tomorrow (of course accidentally) I'd be so happy. I'll work 20 hours a day to provide for her. I'll sell my kidney on the black market and quit alcohol and cigarettes I'll do anything to provide for the baby because that baby is going to be the most valuable thing in the whole world to me. I love her and I am thankful every second to any god that doesn't probably exist for blessing me with a baby. Life will not become terrible with a baby.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not against contraception because I believe the cycle of begins when cells begin multiplying, after conception.
I must say that I am not religious here. I did a philosophy course on morality and ethics and found the pro-life arguments more convincing.

Well what about all the potential queens and sir Paul McCartneys who weren't given the chance because their daddy wore a condom?
Well what about all the potential queens and sir Paul McCartneys who weren't given the chance because their daddy wore a condom?

I have already given you the answer to that in the original post.
I have already given you the answer to that in the original post.

Exact same principle. 'Could've been the next bla bla but potential life was cut short.'
I have already said that to be is better than not to be. Even if you're in Zimbabwe, life must go on. And it is not right to say all people in foster families or with adopted parents are not going to end up accounting to much in life. My friends dad was a drug dealer and went to jail, his mum died soon after and all his cousins were also criminals so he was raised with his aunt since he was like 2 years old. Now he is a very successful guy who owns his own business and is studying in an Ivy League university, self funded. Life can always be miserable. Even in you parents are billionaires. Even if they spend time on you 24/7. She doesn't know what is going to happen in 10 years, or even 5 years, maybe she will be in a much better situation and the baby will be too :smile:

Yes but you are talking about life. A human life. I'm all for being optimistic but you and OP need to be realistic. Your mate was lucky and beat the system. Millions of other kids who were brought into the world for the wrong reasons will become deadbeats or die without anyone even knowing they existed.*

Who knows what's going to happen but when it comes to things like this, you need to be realistic. Life COULD be better in 10 years or COULD be worse. In OP's case, life would LIKELY be better if she had an abortion or COULD be better if she had the baby. She's probably better off having an abortion now and being more likely to have a better life.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending