The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

transgenderism is real....it's not made up.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zippyRN
for a supposedly academic, to be advocating the use of incorrect terminiology and promoting the use of slur words seems rather odd ...

I'd appreciate it if you used sentences which follow conventional grammar structures rather than a mishmash of words strung together. It's really hard to work out what you're trying to say.

But as best as I can make out, you're accusing me of advocating the use of incorrect terminology and promoting slur words?

My posts have been written in a way which does not allow you to draw this conclusion to be drawn logically, so I suggest you re-read my posts and try again.
Original post by Jade236

But damn these social justice warriors make everyone look bad. Check your privilege you cis het scum bags lmao :teehee: people get too damn sensitive nowadays when people just ask for information and facts though.

The OP might have been asking for information, but the first slur ridden reply was pushing an transphobic agenda

Also, where information is provided it is dismissed despite coming from reputable sources and having a strong evidence base.

We've also seen selective reading to prove bias with the comment that claims that GIRES considers fetishistic crossdressing to be the same as being trans. rather than being part of the wider field of interest into gender identity.
Reply 42
I think this thread would be helped if everyone just ignored our little friend zippy. He's not providing anything constructive and is clearly just trolling trying to get people riled up.
Reply 43
Original post by zippyRN
The OP might have been asking for information, but the first slur ridden reply was pushing an transphobic agenda.

How on earth was he pushing transphobic agenda? And where was the slur???

He did not use the word drag to offend or insult, the fact that only you got offended does not speak for the trans community.

The difference between transsexual and transgender is that one is transitioning from one gender to another and the other is not conforming to the expected behaviour, appearance or anything else withing their gender. So basically cross-dressing (which can be called drag)

If you take offense to the word drag I suggest you leave the Internet because there are many worse words out there that might trigger your sweet little mind.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Trans-genderism or trans-sexualism?

Because one's someone going under the knife, the other's Dave in drag.

I've always thought that trans-sexuality is a perfectly legit thing (dysphoria innit), but trans-genderism? Maybe I'm not up to date on what's what, but isn't that just wanting to be the opposite sex without wanting to actually be the opposite sex? The short and curlies of it being a simple rejection of gender constructs.

Does being a man and enjoying cooking in place of watching the football really need a label? Or are people really that unable to simply be themselves without needing a special label?

I've over-simplified this to hell, obviously. so please do correct me where I'm wrong.

Looks about right to me :dontknow:
Reply 45
Original post by zippyRN
It's quite clear that you have a fixed hetero, binary and cisgender normative world view and have framed your reference to transgender issues with the use of slur words throughout your original post ...

Get over yourself, you puritanical, lunatic. Nothing he said in that post was derogatory or offensive.
No ones saying that transgenderism is made up, I just believe that it should be classed as a mental health problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobBobson
No ones saying that transgenderism is made up, I just believe that it should be classed as a mental health problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and when did you get your DClinPsych or CCT in Psychiatry ?
Original post by zippyRN
and when did you get your DClinPsych or CCT in Psychiatry ?

"you dont have a degree, therefore your opinion is invalid". nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippyRN
and you have the front to accuse me of ad hominem attacks ?

except the above is utter shite and has no basis in the evidence or the accepted position of WPATH / GIRES etc

so as an insulting bigot quoting slur ridden transphobic 'facts' as truth you now attempt to lecture me on what being 'twuely twans' is all about ...

carry on demonstrating your bigotry ...

Except he wasn't lecturing you - he looked around and got the impression that was the difference, since you responded to a request to explain the difference by just shouting at them and calling them a bigot. Wholly unhelpful to both them, and your desire for people to show more respect and knowledge round the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobBobson
"you dont have a degree, therefore your opinion is invalid". nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so despite the clinical consensus and evidence base regarding gender identity beign the complete oppositie to your assertions, you wish to focus on the issue of you beign called out for not having a relevant qualification to make a pronouncement like that.
Alcoholism and schizophrenia are also real, just because something is real doesn't mean it should be encouraged.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Alcoholism and schizophrenia are also real, just because something is real doesn't mean it should be encouraged.

Amen to that
Reply 53
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
The 23rd paid of chromosomes are (usually) expressed as XY or XX, which dictate the gender of someone either being male, or female. Transgenders are still male or female on the inside, as they have would have either a male/female biochemistry with regards to hormones eg. testosterone, growth hormone etc.

There cases where someone literally is born as a boy and girl, which is real transgenderism. Having surgery doesn't make you what gender you want to be on the inside, as your body systems essentially disagree with it.

no when you're born with both genitalia or part of both genitalia that's called being intersexed
Original post by z33
no when you're born with both genitalia or part of both genitalia that's called being intersexed

That's why I said "usually". Naturally, other genotypes exist, such XXY, or XYY.
It's real in that there are people out there who genuinely believe they were born in the wrong body. There are also people who believe their own limbs do not belong to them and want to hack them off. They have real psychological conditions.

However, there are also a lot of 'trans-trenders' out there. These people do not have a legitimate psychological condition, but rather identify as transgender (or one of a myriad of made-up gender identities) for no other reason other than to be a very special snowflake engaging in the fad of 'challenging' societal gender norms.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am sorry but I disagree. You are simply the sex that you were born as. If you have XY chromosomes, you are male. If you have XX chromosomes, you are female.

Just because I am a female and I have stereotypically male hobbies and interests, does not mean I am now a male and should get a sex change operation. Just because I was called a "tomboy" throughout my childhood doesn't mean I'm not a female. I'm a female, and I happily identify as one. I feel feminine, despite my oh so masculine interest in computers and video games.

It seems that men who decide they identify as women decide they are women because "Oh I have always liked putting on dresses and make up and shopping for handbags", and the moment they get their operations they spend all their time dolling up. Take Caitlyn Jenner for an example. The moment she became Caitlyn Jenner she posed for some sexed up magazine photoshoot, because that's what us females all do!!! Honestly, it's insulting. NOTE: I am using the "she/her" pronouns and calling her Caitlyn and not Bruce because despite disagreeing with transgenderism, I do have basic human respect and if Caitlyn wants to be called Caitlyn and not Bruce, that is her decision, and I will go along with it. Technically speaking, it's no different from a guy called "Robert" changing his name to "Tony". If he wants to be called Tony, respect that. Same with people who feel they are the opposite gender.

If you are male then you cannot know what it is like to be a female, and vice versa. Therefore, transgenderism is not real. I am sorry if this is seen as "transphobic" but I find it offensive how many men think they know what it is like to be a woman, because they don't, and I am sure men feel the same way when women say they identify as a man.

It's OK to have hobbies and characteristics that are typical of the opposite gender without being the opposite gender!!! I do, and I still identify as a female, because I was born one!!! This transgenderism just keeps dividing the genders even further. The SJWs go on and on about how gender is a social construct, yet they say that you can be born the wrong gender... Just make your minds up already.
Being transgender means that you identify as the opposit sex. Even though boys are born with the XY chromosomes they can still identify as a female. This is the psychological/cultural aspect.
Being transsexual is that you are transgender but you have gone under the knife to change you sexual reproductive organs. So they are both a thing, real and legit
I haven't heard of XYY but there is XXY and X0 chromosomes. XXY leads to klinefelters syndrome and X0 leads toTurners syndrome
yes it's an actual thing. it's an actual mental illness that effects a small amount of people in western countries. Gender Identity Disorder has been a strong talking point of the far left, and in today's society has become an overused thing and a way for people to combat conservatism. If the extreme-left did want our society to flourish, then this is an issue in need of curing, not humouring.

Latest

Trending

Trending