The Student Room Group

Innocent Muslim attacked in NYC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
The first poster specifically aimed his response at Alevel (it was very tongue in cheek)

and the dd thing is he's not a muslim apparently but he will claim all Muslims who murder in the name of Islam do so because they were victims of some traumatic event (divorced parents was mentioned once)

But yes you'll find some of us can simply state a hate crime is a hate crime (but remember we don't know this was) while other like the OP will not.

Then that fella is a bit of an idiot. As much as I hate anti-Muslim bigotry, it still goes both ways.
Original post by QE2
I guess not...

The great British burkini boom ... and thanks to Nigella, it's not just Muslim women buying them
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276313/The-great-British-burkini-boom---thanks-Nigella-just-Muslim-women-buying-them.html#ixzz4KEbL2ygv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

apparently not
Original post by MedioCentro97
Then that fella is a bit of an idiot. As much as I hate anti-Muslim bigotry, it still goes both ways.

He is yes. Feel free to tell him this (He's posting on this thread as we converse :biggrin:)
who gives a turd? there are innocent Muslims being killed by other Muslims ever day in the Middle east and your worried about one getting beaten up? please...
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
who gives a turd? there are innocent Muslims being killed by other Muslims ever day in the Middle east and your worried about one getting beaten up? please...

there seems to be a sliding scale of outrage by some

Muslim slaughters other Muslims not a word
Muslims slaughters non Muslims not true Muslims only a tiny minority
Muslim gets 'singed' (we don't know how or why) and it a sign of mass Islamophobia and Muslims are no longer safe to walk the streets
Reply 105
Original post by alevelstresss
lol wifi, we didn't even have toilets, take a look at my post history and you'll see from 23rd July - 14th August, I made no posts, that's because I was there.
You do delete a lot of posts though, so how can we be sure? Your general presentation is not that of one who has done anything worthwhile IRL. Your churlish blocking of people who repeatedly destroy your arguments is a perfect example. Your arguments that are always so easy to destroy is another!
What a pointless thread.
Reply 107
and 'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.':biggrin:
Not forgetting "Muslim women wear the hijab/burqa, etc".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37345442

Police are investigating this as a possible hate crime. Very sad to see this happening, I don't think belief in religion, regardless of how disturbing it may be to someone, warrants an assault in a public street.
This comes shortly after two Muslims were shot dead outside of a mosque in Queens a few weeks ago, and also a string of religious hate crimes.

Would you prefer it done on a private street?
there seems to be a sliding scale of outrage by some

Muslim slaughters other Muslims not a word
Muslims slaughters non Muslims not true Muslims only a tiny minority
Muslim gets 'singed' (we don't know how or why) and it a sign of mass Islamophobia and Muslims are no longer safe to walk the streets

Tbf there is a lot of outrage on Saudi violence in Yemen from muslim commentators.
Original post by QE2
Sorry to butt in, but what has which university he goes to have to do with him saying "you should get out more"?

Another classic Alevelstresss non sequitur.

I think it's because I have put Open University as my current place of education

despite being one of the best Universities out there this seems to confuse some people.
Original post by MedioCentro97
Tbf there is a lot of outrage on Saudi violence in Yemen from muslim commentators.

You're right sorry I should have been clearer and said on TSR.
Reply 112
QE2, I blocked you but I saw your petty response in Bacon's reply

It wasn't a school trip, lmao
That would have been more impressive than a family holiday!
Reply 113
Type it out Bacon, which majorly Muslim country have you been to?

I'm waiting.
I have been to a couple of Muslim countries, and I saw a smaller percentage of people wearing "Islamic clothing" than I have seen in parts of Birmingham and Bradford. So first-hand knowledge of Muslim countries clearly has no bearing on exposusre to people in "Islamic clothing".

Just another ALS non sequitur.
Original post by generallee
What university you go to/went to does not "prove" academic "superiority" for God's sake.

I went to Oxford and have met many undergraduates and graduates who went to supposedly less well regarded universities who are my academic superior.

Some of them depressingly so!

you can make an approximation based on the university of choice and the subject as well.

for example, going to oxford for history or geography is something lesser than going for physics or maths.
you can make an approximation based on the university of choice and the subject as well.

for example, going to oxford for history or geography is something lesser than going for physics or maths.

Theresa May read Geography and the former Chancellor, Osborne History.

Is it your position that their academic credentials are "lesser" than their college contemporaries who read Physics or Maths and became school teachers?

And even if it IS your position, so what?

Yeah just because you don't see the condemnations, doesn't mean they don't exist.
@h333 and I both expressed our disapproval of the suicide bombing on shias in Saudi a couple of months ago on ISOC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Can you imagine if this was the other way around, the amount of hate the Muslim would have got.

But instead people are quick to defend this man and are making up excuses to defend him.

TSR back at it with the double standards.

i disagree with pretty much every one of your posts (and all of your beliefs), but i can't disagree with this.

it's like tsr has been taken over by alt right racists.
Original post by generallee
Theresa May read Geography and the former Chancellor, Osborne History.

Is it your position that their academic credentials are "lesser" than their college contemporaries who read Physics or Maths and became school teachers?

And even if it IS your position, so what?

So what? It doesn't mean they're harder just because a select few people who studied them 30+ years ago got into office.
Yes as this was your claim I asked you to show this was the case by identify Muslim women by their appearance (you didn't specify clothing which is still wrong)

'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance'

so one last time

Devout Muslim women yes or no

Its easy to judge it based on their Islamic clothing, if they're wearing it. How many more times are you going to spam this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending