The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
It shows that for me too and asks for a personal reference also. However there is nowhere to put a personal reference .
Reply 1401
The email that i have received says that Manpower will be in touch to advise of the next steps. Should I wait for them to contact me or go ahead and fill out the 'next stage' part on the online account?
Can anyone currently working for hmrc tell me what the maternity pay policy is currently?
Original post by Biccy99
Can anyone currently working for hmrc tell me what the maternity pay policy is currently?

If you're a new starter or still yet to start your role then you'd be entitled to 26 weeks of maternity leave. If you have continuous service of less than 26 weeks with HMRC/other government department then you're not entitled to statutory maternity pay from HMRC and you would have to claim maternity allowance from DWP.
Original post by lawgrad13
Hello everyone - I was an external applicant when applying for the 1320 campaign but have since started in an O role. I received my provisional offer today and I guess I'll have to tell my manager tomorrow morning!Well done to everyone that got through and best of luck to those still applying, just don't give up!

Well done!
I (finally!) got a provisional offer with scores of 5/6/6. I'm a little concerned that it says "subject to contract" and won't believe it until I get a formal offer haha. With CSR it's been taking 3/4 months between provisional offer and actual start date, but maybe Manpower will be a little quicker?
To existing hmrc employees, can you let us know how the flexi-time works? Is it simply that you have to do a set amount of hours and can spread that across the week/month ie you can do less hours on a given day and make it up. Or can you actually build hours - enough to take days off? That's how it works at dwp.

Thanks in advance
Original post by PabloPatron
To existing hmrc employees, can you let us know how the flexi-time works? Is it simply that you have to do a set amount of hours and can spread that across the week/month ie you can do less hours on a given day and make it up. Or can you actually build hours - enough to take days off? That's how it works at dwp.

Thanks in advance

Flexi runs at a 4 week span. At the end of the 4 weeks you cannot carry forward more than 22hrs 12mins either owed hours or banked hours. How you use the flexi hours is entirely up to you. Management approval for days off etc is standard but it usually isn't an issue. You could work 5hr one day and owe the 2hr40mins back and do this some other day. If you work 8hrs one day you can leave earlier a different one. You get the picture lol
Original post by TraineeAcc
The 1,000 HO positions have went external this morning O42R is the job reference on CS resourcing.

I'm going to put in an application for the HO position given they've just gone live over the past couple of days but I just wondered whether if I make an application for this whether that will prevent/affect an application for TSP 2017 if I decide to submit one. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
I'm going to put in an application for the HO position given they've just gone live over the past couple of days but I just wondered whether if I make an application for this whether that will prevent/affect an application for TSP 2017 if I decide to submit one. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It won't have any consequence - put both applications in :smile:
It won't have any consequence - put both applications in :smile:

Am I right in thinking these HO positions (I'm aware TSP apps won't be open till end of Oct/Nov) arent open for application until the 19th Sept (website states this but unsure) and unlike TSP applications we will be required to give 4 examples of how we've displayed the 4 competencies or will this be assessed at interview (like the TSP) if this stage is reached? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I right in thinking these HO positions (I'm aware TSP apps won't be open till end of Oct/Nov) arent open for application until the 19th Sept (website states this but unsure) and unlike TSP applications we will be required to give 4 examples of how we've displayed the 4 competencies or will this be assessed at interview (like the TSP) if this stage is reached? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately because Manpower are conducting this campaign I have no insight or experiences to offer. As far as I'm aware, you've to write the 4 statements for the competencies but that may not be the case. I'd dare say anyone who wishes to apply should write draft competency statements anyway, as if it turns out they'll be scored at interview, at least you'll have prepared what you want to discuss. In any circumstance, you will be scored against these competencies either written or during interview so it would be wise to start prepping.
Unfortunately because Manpower are conducting this campaign I have no insight or experiences to offer. As far as I'm aware, you've to write the 4 statements for the competencies but that may not be the case. I'd dare say anyone who wishes to apply should write draft competency statements anyway, as if it turns out they'll be scored at interview, at least you'll have prepared what you want to discuss. In any circumstance, you will be scored against these competencies either written or during interview so it would be wise to start prepping.

Oh right that's frustrating I thought it would just be a sift test and then some further tests then interview, seems fairly different to the TSP applications. Do you know whether this Manpower sourcing will be conducting the TSP 2017 application regime? I hope not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right that's frustrating I thought it would just be a sift test and then some further tests then interview, seems fairly different to the TSP applications. Do you know whether this Manpower sourcing will be conducting the TSP 2017 application regime? I hope not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure yet, and like you, I hope not.

For the manpower application you need to submit examples for making effective decisions and leading and communicating with your application.

The interview will consist of those two competencies plus two more, delivering at pace and was the other managing a quality service?
Not sure yet, and like you, I hope not.

Thanks for your response, I dont think the tsp process will be outsourced but you never know. If it is i fear there will be less places too. Then again that could be countered with less applications as I imagine some people will be put by not being able to submit an application that takes less than 2 minutes...you'd be surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pukahontas
For the manpower application you need to submit examples for making effective decisions and leading and communicating with your application.

The interview will consist of those two competencies plus two more, delivering at pace and was the other managing a quality service?

Hmm ok, thanks for the response. Doesn't sound too bad even if it will require more thought than some online tests. Obviously you've got the issues of it being more subjective in terms of putting people through based on examples and for the first time experience will indirectly come into it. Who knows. Hopefully TSP will revert back to the normal process but it's truly anyone's guess. With the ICAS intro there may well be less places for the TSP regardless of who conducts the process anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm ok, thanks for the response. Doesn't sound too bad even if it will require more thought than some online tests. Obviously you've got the issues of it being more subjective in terms of putting people through based on examples and for the first time experience will indirectly come into it. Who knows. Hopefully TSP will revert back to the normal process but it's truly anyone's guess. With the ICAS intro there may well be less places for the TSP regardless of who conducts the process anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why less places because of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lot of conjecture going on here.
Original post by dagoro1
I (finally!) got a provisional offer with scores of 5/6/6. I'm a little concerned that it says "subject to contract" and won't believe it until I get a formal offer haha. With CSR it's been taking 3/4 months between provisional offer and actual start date, but maybe Manpower will be a little quicker?

Well done! I have the same fear as you given the offer is 'subject to contract'. I think the process will be quicker but I just didn't want to give my reference details as I really didn't get along with my former manager in a previous job!

Latest

Trending

Trending