The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Do you guys know if we can drop a subject? I got forced into 4 but only want to do 3 :frown: im finding it too much work already
Hi guys,
I hope you all enjoyed your first week at college!
I don't know if anyone feels the same but I really haven't met anyone that I really want to be friends with. I talk to people who sit next to me a little in class, but apart from that, I don't really have people to "hang around" with. Its really making me miss high school.

Does anyone feel the same?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Himani Vadhia
Hi guys,
I don't know if anyone feels the same but I really haven't met anyone that I really want to be friends with. I talk to people who sit next to me a little in class, but apart from that, I don't really have people to "hang around" with. Its really making me miss high school.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey mate I guess you have to remember that it's only the second week. You'll make friends eventually I guess- it's hard to really get to know someone in class but I guess you can't really force friendships.

Just try speaking to people more and ask what they're doing for lunch if you can join
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hey mate I guess you have to remember that it's only the second week. You'll make friends eventually I guess- it's hard to really get to know someone in class but I guess you can't really force friendships.

Just try speaking to people more and ask what they're doing for lunch if you can join

Yeah its just when I started high school I was in the similar situation (only 5 people from my primary school went to my high school) and I made friends in like a few days. I never thought it would take over a week.

But thanks for the advice. I maybe feeling extra "down" because today is like the day where I have loads of lessons and shorter breaks...😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by habeeb_00
What enrichment are you taking? I'm sure you'll find people you like there if they're taking the same thing

Greenhead Research Team, wbu? I hope so!
Yeah its just when I started high school I was in the similar situation (only 5 people from my primary school went to my high school) and I made friends in like a few days. I never thought it would take over a week.

But thanks for the advice. I maybe feeling extra "down" because today is like the day where I have loads of lessons and shorter breaks...😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to a secondary school where I knew no one and I managed so I'm sure you can aha.

I think at college it's harder as a lot of people have friends from their old school that they're already really close to.

Good luck!
Hi guys,

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhhh tbh I agree with you, Himani :smile: I've made a few friends but not that close either (like you explained) and it kinda sucks because I've been alone for the most part but I guess I cant really complain as of yet, since its the first week. ^-^ Same i miss my high school too at times because its so big and i dont really know anyone here plus everyone seems to know each other from before xD But anyway dw about it yet just try and talk to people who are on their own which is what im going to try and do now. :h::hugs:I hope you make friends at your enrichment, im hoping to do so at mine.
Original post by sapphire79
Yhhh tbh I agree with you, Himani :smile: I've made a few friends but not that close either (like you explained) and it kinda sucks because I've been alone for the most part but I guess I cant really complain as of yet, since its the first week. ^-^ Same i miss my high school too at times because its so big and i dont really know anyone here plus everyone seems to know each other from before xD But anyway dw about it yet just try and talk to people who are on their own which is what im going to try and do now. :h::hugs:I hope you make friends at your enrichment, im hoping to do so at mine.

Awwwwww this really helped! Yeah I'm definitely hoping that the enrichment will help!
Thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone swapped subjects or dropped any this week? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone swapped subjects or dropped any this week? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swapped economics for psychology, made any new friends yet?
Yeah just today on the train and on the way up to college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swapped economics for psychology, made any new friends yet?

Do you do physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just today on the train and on the way up to college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:
Original post by sapphire79
:tongue:

:smile:
:smile:

Which train do u get?no I don't do phhsics
Which train do u get?no I don't do phhsics

I get the train to Huddersfield at quarter to 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get the train to Huddersfield at quarter to 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

From dewsbury? I get the same train you might have seen me
From dewsbury? I get the same train you might have seen me

Yeah from Dewsbury. But I really don't know who you are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458
Original post by emilyrobinson100
Im a current Greenhead student so if you would like to ask me anything then let me know!

What mock grades and predicted grades do I need
Original post by Ylasil
What mock grades and predicted grades do I need

A's and B's should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest