The Student Room Group

As subject advice

Okay so basically after doing AS , this is what I hated -feel free to ask questions or whatever
Número uno . DECISION MATHS MEI , this was possibly the absolute bane of my existence achieving a remarkable U ( thankfully scraping a B overall) yet, this stupid absolute piss take subject is remarkably different to actually maths, I **** you not, no maths in involved in this, so if you're doing maths, and are good with technical maths thinking ah well this will be a dos, do not do it, it is crap and there's a high chance of hating it.NÚMERO DOS- biology AQA , what pissed me off about this is the sheer volume of work, there is literally no other subject in which you have to learn shed loads of information, none of which will be applied in the exam, even the application questions were ridiculously ambiguous and it was sheer luck whether or not you used the correct key words, in my opinion, this subject AQA anyway, did not enthuse me to learn, the amount of work in the AS year nearly crushed me and learning about plants and all that ******** is not my cup of tea.What I did enjoy is economics and chemistry Granted my teachers for this were absolute ballers and taught me well. Anyway, if you're thinking of doing economics and studied it at GCSE , ITS EXACTLY THR SAME, no difference, hence amazing results all round. ALSO it's extremely easy to pick up, -this is OCR btw- the exam was relatively straight forward unlike biology and all the information you learn can be related to topics you learn later on in the year, once you know the basics it all clicks- for me anyway. Chemistry I found quite easy, I don't know why this is but the work load is light and it's easy to reinforce the information, studying chemistry, I would suggest learning the syllabus -I think that's what I mean , the thing which tells you what you need to know - that booklet or whatever . Anyway learning that is very very helpful, chemistry for me was very interesting as it is ACTUALLY RELATABLE to **** in the real world, why the ^*****%**^ would I need to know about plants, I hate biology. Anyway , that's my brief synopsis. Also everyone says physics is a bane, and the exam was apparently a little ***** but I can't really judge - cheers for getting to the end
@ineedA

What did you get in Bio?
Reply 2
Original post by Ginertain
@ineedA

What did you get in Bio?

Got an A
Original post by ineedA
Got an A

At least the hard work paid off :smile:

How did you revise for it?
Reply 4
At least the hard work paid off :smile:

How did you revise for it?

Hated every second of it😂 all I did was revise from the cgp book it's got everything you need in
Original post by ineedA
Hated every second of it😂 all I did was revise from the cgp book it's got everything you need in

You made it sound like you put in sweat and tears to get your grade :lol:

I'm assuming you dropped it? A2 bio though :afraid:
Reply 6
You made it sound like you put in sweat and tears to get your grade :lol:

I'm assuming you dropped it? A2 bio though :afraid:

Worst experience of my life 😂 yes hahahahahh no way I was carrying out with that

Quick Reply

Latest