Reply 1
Yes, but make sure ur ps is 👌
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by BULL14
Yes, but make sure ur ps is 👌

So the fact that I'm not doing History A level won't hinder me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Would love some more peoples' opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Would love some more peoples' opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics and economic history is a course within the economic history department, rather than the economics department, so that's where your personal statement will go. Might be tricky to convince them that you're interested in history when you haven't taken it to AS. Grades obviously exceptional though.

Economics WITH economic history goes to the econ department.
Reply 5
Chance me plz
Predictions are AAA in eco hist maths
GCSE 1a* 3a 8b
As BBCD
In eco hist maths geo respectively
Original post by Azim101
Chance me plz
GCSE 1a* 3a 8b
As BBCD

At a rather large disadvantage with your application. Bear in mind that other applicants will have AAAA at AS and 10 A* at GCSE.
Original post by Azim101
Chance me plz
GCSE 1a* 3a 8b
As BBCD

Absoulute zero. You do realise this is LSE not LSBU? Why would they take someone with a C in AS Maths when they'll have thousands of applicants with A grades across the board? They wouldn't, don't apply.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Glassapple
Absoulute zero. You do realise this is LSE not LSBU? Why would they take someone with a C in AS Maths when they'll have thousands of applicants with A grades across the board? They wouldn't, don't apply.

Course requirement is AAB and my predictions are AAA shall I still not
Reply 9
Original post by Azim101
Course requirement is AAB and my predictions are AAA shall I still not

You can apply but it will be a very very very high risk. As ppl have said before, your AS and GCSE results are probably not good enough (but of course I wouldn't know since I'm an just an applicant). I would recommend looking at another uni instead of wasting the option, in my opinion.

However, I applied to the same course with similar grades as you (the irony XD) though my Maths grade was an A, which they prefer although they don't mention it. If you really want to go there, I would strongly suggest to retake your AS Maths modules (and other subjects of course) and try to get the absolute best grades possible!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Azim101
Chance me plz
GCSE 1a* 3a 8b
As BBCD

The question in Admissions Officer's mind is this - you need to get 2 subjects up by 1 grade and another by 2 grades and A2 is more difficult so they may think it less likely for you to achieve AAA compared to many other applicants. Anyway, you can still try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending