The Student Room Group

Can I have some help on this AS Level Economics Question?

20160913_203908.jpg
I have just started AS Level Economics and need help on this question I have attached in the image! I understand completely what inferior and normal goods are, but I do not understand how to gain 5 marks out of this question. Could someone please write me a model answer? I think that the tickets are normal goods! Someone please give me an answer that would score 5? I can use this as a template when doing other questions!
Reply 1
Original post by dp00
20160913_203908.jpg
I have just started AS Level Economics and need help on this question I have attached in the image! I understand completely what inferior and normal goods are, but I do not understand how to gain 5 marks out of this question. Could someone please write me a model answer? I think that the tickets are normal goods! Someone please give me an answer that would score 5? I can use this as a template when doing other questions!

Define a normal good. Define an inferior good. Say why it is one. Say why it isn't the other.

For AO1, you need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding. That's the definition.
AO2 is applying that knowledge and understanding.
AO3 is analysis of the economic issue.
One mark defining each normal/inferior good (2), one mark saying which one the tickets are (1), two marks explaining the answer (2).

Don't ask for model answers. Write your own. Much better for learning, much better for remembering, since it's your own style, not someone else's.
Reply 3
Original post by dp00
20160913_203908.jpg

Define both "normal goods" and "inferior goods". From this, explain why nightclub tickets would be the category you think it is and suggest why.
I would say that nightclub tickets are a normal good (as income rises, the demand for this product rises) because many leisure outings would be seem as an activity you do when your income is rising. The more your income rises, the more money you have to be able to afford to spend it on trips to the nightclub.

I am an A2 Economics student that has just brought out a lightweight (64 pages), easy to read and digest As Microeconomics revision book. It was intended to be like "revision cards" in a book format which you could carry around with you anywhere.

Quick Reply